Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways.

+10
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
luckyPeterpiper
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
karlypants
bryan458
Banks of the Croal
observer
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. Sun Nov 30 2014, 11:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Second half I thought we had some nice spells of possession that I've not seen for some time, the quality and invention is still missing but there is a bit more patience about the team.

credit Josh Vela too, coming in totally out of position and holding his own in every game so far, and getting forward too. 

good goal when it came too, couple of great saves too on the day from Lonners.

22Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. Sun Nov 30 2014, 12:29

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Second half I thought we had some nice spells of possession that I've not seen for some time, the quality and invention is still missing but there is a bit more patience about the team.

credit Josh Vela too, coming in totally out of position and holding his own in every game so far, and getting forward too. 

I felt Vela was given a torrid time in the first half. The lad who played against him seemed to have the beating of him-and Vela looked distinctly uncomfortable. Got better in the second half but its not really fair to Vela to play him there when his best position is much further forward.

23Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. Mon Dec 01 2014, 11:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
thought both teams were evenly matched yesterday and there wasn't a lot to choose between either side.

There's not a lot to choose between ANY of the majority of sides in this division quality-wise so luck, confidence and momentum play an exaggerated part in determining results.

We've had plenty of all 3 in recent weeks whereas luck and confidence under Freedman were down the pan and our momentum was downwards.

We aren't anywhere near good enough to win games comfortably in this competitive division, but who cares as long as we keep picking up points and heading towards safety?

May the luck of the Irish stay with us for many a game to come.
To be sure.

24Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. Mon Dec 01 2014, 11:24

rammywhite wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Second half I thought we had some nice spells of possession that I've not seen for some time, the quality and invention is still missing but there is a bit more patience about the team.

I felt Vela was given a torrid time in the first half. The lad who played against him seemed to have the beating of him-and Vela looked distinctly uncomfortable. Got better in the second half but its not really fair to Vela to play him there when his best position is much further forward.

What's really impressed me with Vela is his quality and confidence on the ball. He's one of about 3 players in the squad who you can trust not to give it away in a tight space, he has a great touch and awareness he's the sort of player I love to that. 

I've always felt full back is one of the most difficult positions to play because of the positional discipline you need to have, support attacks but don't get caught out. Vela's done okay at this, but long term I'd like to see him defensive midfield. He's a bit lightweight to play in a 2 in the centre at the moment but with the right support I think he could thrive in a deep lying playmaker sort of role.

25Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Cares, Back To Winning Ways. Mon Dec 01 2014, 16:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Neil is teaching him a bit about the game as well as using the ability he has to assist in passing out of defense instead of hoofing it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum