Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Would You Rather In The BWFC First Team.

+7
bryan458
luckyPeterpiper
observer
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Banks of the Croal
scottjames30
11 posters

Reply to topic

Pratley or spearing?

Who Would You Rather In The BWFC First Team. Vote_lcap25%Who Would You Rather In The BWFC First Team. Vote_rcap 25% [ 3 ]
Who Would You Rather In The BWFC First Team. Vote_lcap75%Who Would You Rather In The BWFC First Team. Vote_rcap 75% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The EX captain or the most slated player last season?

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

At the moment it's working without Spearing.

So carry on with Pratts.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Banks of the Croal wrote:At the moment it's working without Spearing.

So carry on with Pratts.
I agree.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought you mean kevin Davies or chris eagles

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I woud be happy if that scouse prick never played for us again.

Pratley gets a lot of undue criticism. He could do 99 things right but as soon as he makes one mistake people leap on it as an opportunity to call him shit (bet it happened on the chatbox today). 

He's not the most technically gifted and a couple of times today his first touch letthe him down. He had a good game though.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Barb Dwyer wrote:Pratley gets a lot of undue criticism. He could do 99 things right but as soon as he makes one mistake people leap on it as an opportunity to call him shit (bet it happened on the chatbox today). 

He's not the most technically gifted and a couple of times today his first touch letthe him down. He had a good game though.
Pratley was praised for playing hard, and panned for his poor passing... both accurate portrayals of his ability.  He worked hard, chased down every ball, tackled hard, but still makes a ten-yard pass a challenge every time.  I think NL has gotten a world of good from him.  He makes every opposition player think twice when they get a glimpse of him coming at them.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pratley. He's a stopper and ball winner. He needs a lot of support in central midfield for distribution but Spearing is just plain woeful in the tackle and ain't that great when he has the ball either. For my money Pratley works harder and actually seems to give players like Chungy more freedom to get forward and attack.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Credit where its due, Pratley's had a decent couple of games and deserves the plaudits, he has, quite rightly in the past been slated for some dreadful performances, but if it aint broke at the moment don't try to fix it.

Pratley. All Spearig an do is point and shout.

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

At Blackpool and against Huddersfield Pratley was average
If he picks the ball up in front of the back four his first thought is to pass sideways or back to the centre backs.
He needs two touches to move the ball on and rarely looks up to play forwards in.
He has good energy and did start the move for the goal yesterday.
He does'nt make as many mistakes as Spearing because he plays safe

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CAMPO wrote:
He has good energy and did start the move for the goal yesterday.
He does'nt make as many mistakes as Spearing because he plays safe

I agree with the above.

But if we're going to progress we need better players than both Spearing and Pratley. Neither is comfortable on the ball.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pratley reminds me of Muamba in terms of his ability and what he offers. Every team needs an athlete who can run forever, challenge, harass, join attacks, score the odd goal. If his first touch was better and he could pass, he would be worth a fortune......and would be playing for a top side!
Like everyone else, he needs confidence and NL has given him that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Pratley reminds me of Muamba in terms of his ability and what he offers.

My sentiments entirely although Prats isn't quite at the athletic level Fabrice was so he tends to commit more fouls through getting there late.
He doesn't pass well, but he's a water carrier and has an excellent workrate. Some of the criticism levelled against him targets his passing, but he brings other attributes to the team.
Whilst Pratley continues, Trotter is increasingly starting to look like a luxury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum