Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Emile heskey - signed - OFFICIAL

+13
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Keegan
karlypants
Barryjw
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
White84
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With Connor Wilkinson as effective as a dissolvable durex,maybe throwing a big lump up front is worth the contract till the end of the season.
With Craig Davies and Mark Davies sidelined and Eidurs going to take some bedding in time to get his sharpness and match fitness up to 100% is it worth getting Heskey up front.Im sure hell win headers and hold the ball up better than Wilkinson.
Max Clayton is on the injury list,who knows how long for I think Lennon didn't do the team any favours not playing Mason.
I can see his reasoning as he is a loanee but Wilkinson was so far out of his depth it was embarrassing.
After the match Lennon commented on Wilkinsons performance as he tried but it's a mans game.
He ain't ready yet Neil!
Taking Clayton off and introducing Spearing was enough to say we will take the point 3 clean sheets and 6 unbeaten.
Nobody can complain but we need a target MAN not a boy.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a goal scorer and Heskey is shite at scoring goals, so it's a no from me.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I understand what you are saying and fully agree,but we have only Craig Davies who can hold up the hall.Couldn't Heskey do a job creating chances for other players.As well as scoring the odd few goals himself.
I agree options are terrible unless we throw Eidur straight in the number 9 position.
I'm scratching my head?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might be worth a punt 84. Never know until you try as they say.

Rearrange these four words:

In get Earnshaw Rob.

The Prem awaits......

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mason has a torn hamstring btw thats why he isn't being played.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Rearrange these four words:

In get Earnshaw Rob.

The Prem awaits......

has Nat hypnotised you or is she threatening to publish those photos?  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone comes round to my way of thinking eventually.

As for Emile Heskey, it wouldn't surprise me to see him play for us over the next couple of weeks if Craig Davies is still injured - we had absolutely no physical presence yesterday up front and I'm sure Lennon has worked out by now that Wilkinson is not the answer.

Norpig wrote:
Breadman wrote:Rearrange these four words:

In get Earnshaw Rob.

The Prem awaits......

has Nat hypnotised you or is she threatening to publish those photos?  Very Happy

Very Happy

For once, I'm actually being serious.

He's only 33, he's only on £2,500 a week in the MLS and he's still banging 'em in.

If we're fannying about with EG and Heskey, why not try and get Earnshaw?

Because he's under contract, we need a target man and he's awful. He couldn't even get a deal at Blackpool.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:and he's awful.

And you know this because?

bwfc1874 wrote:Because he's under contract, we need a target man and he's awful. He couldn't even get a deal at Blackpool.

The MLS season has ended, so he's technically a free agent, as you sign your players on an annual rolling basis over there and they have a draft like in the NFL.

He left Blackpool of his own accord once his contract ended because he had a better offer from Chicago and don't forget that this was at a time when Blackpool were in turmoil (only 7 squad players a week before the season was due to start), so you can't really blame him for that.

I just think he's worth a punt because he knows how to score goals at this level.

He always has been. I saw him a lot for the Baggies he's too weak - especially to play on his own up front as he would for us, he's not even that great a finisher.. All he had was pace which got him  plenty of chances, I'd bet that's faded now. I don't particularly want Heskey either but at least he'd be able to hold the ball up.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need someone thats for sure, but realistically who can we get in January? Heskey may be ok short term but i'm not too sure about him. There was something in the paper this morning from Nixon saying we may get Nick Powell from United on loan but he's not really a striker is he?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:He always has been. I saw him a lot for the Baggies he's too weak - especially to play on his own up front as he would for us, he's not even that great a finisher.. All he had was pace which got him  plenty of chances, I'd bet that's faded now. I don't particularly want Heskey either but at least he'd be able to hold the ball up.

WUM. His scoring record is better than virtually anyone playing outside the Premier League. And yet you say he's always been rubbish?

Step forward the new Scott. Without a six-pack.

Plenty of strikers have a goal every 2.5 games record, Jermaine beckford?

As I said his main asset was pace if he hasn't got that he's useless. At 33 and having been unable to get a serious club in years, I'm guessing it's gone.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Plenty of strikers have a goal every 2.5 games record, Jermaine beckford?

As I said his main asset was pace if he hasn't got that he's useless. At 33 and having been unable to get a serious club in years, I'm guessing it's gone.

You said he had ALWAYS been rubbish. I take it you don't think strikers should be judged on their scoring record then?

Apologise.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can we not get Beckford back? I know he wasn't great but it may have given him a kick up the arse and change his attitude (long shot i know).

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:can we not get Beckford back? I know he wasn't great but it may have given him a kick up the arse and change his attitude (long shot i know).

You have officially lost your mind

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Bearing in mind managers' seem to favour signing old boys they know then I wonder if NL is looking at George Samaras who joined WBA in the summer on a free transfer. He doesn't seem to be in favour there, certainly not getting much game time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum