Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do You Think Lennon Will See Out The Season?

+5
Boggersbelief
NickFazer
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Reply to topic

Will Lennon still be manager come May?

Do You Think Lennon Will See Out The Season? Vote_lcap77%Do You Think Lennon Will See Out The Season? Vote_rcap 77% [ 17 ]
Do You Think Lennon Will See Out The Season? Vote_lcap23%Do You Think Lennon Will See Out The Season? Vote_rcap 23% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to a client based in Leicester the word on the streets is that Neil Lennon will be approached about taking over from Nigel Pearson should Leicester continue their run of poor form over the next couple of weeks.

And even if Pearson turns things round at Leicester, it's inevitable that other clubs are going to look to Lennon to revive their fortunes in the coming months if Bolton continue to improve.

Do you think he will stay with us, or will he be off at the first whisper of a bigger club coming in for him?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently he's already indicated to the front office that he wants the opportunity to speak to Leicester, West Brom, Sunderland and Everton all of which have enquired.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Apparently he's already indicated to the front office

Why would he tell Reception?

The tea lady also knows. Hes got to tell all the main decision makers first

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lennon doesn't strike me as the guy to walk out of a job after a few months, even if Leicester did come knocking at the door.

I think he will only be here for about 2 seasons, but I fully expect him to be here at the start of next season.

Then again I imagine the Burnley fans thought the same about Coyle before we enquired about him...

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think he will definitely be here the rest of this season after that who knows.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's very happy here. Wants to get us promoted before leaving

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

What a load of shite. He's only been here 2 months and just because we're doing well everyone's scared he's going to walk out. Why would he go to Leicester? He may as well bide his time for a bit and a bigger club than that will come along soon enough. Gary Rowett has started well at Brum but nobody is saying he's going to walk out of there.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:What a load of shite. He's only been here 2 months and just because we're doing well everyone's scared he's going to walk out. Why would he go to Leicester?

Are you simple?

He played for Leicester. They are in the Prem. We are not.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:What a load of shite. He's only been here 2 months and just because we're doing well everyone's scared he's going to walk out. Why would he go to Leicester?

Are you simple?

They won't be for much longer, with or without lennon

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Are you simple?

Jumping ship to a club heading back towards the championship just because he's played for them before? If he did end up leaving before the end of the season, which he won't, they will already be as good as relegated. He's got more ambition than that. The next club Lennon goes to will be bigger than Leicester.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Jumping ship to a club heading back towards the championship just because he's played for them before? If he did end up leaving before the end of the season, which he won't, they will already be as good as relegated. He's got more ambition than that. The next club Lennon goes to will be bigger than Leicester.

Even if they do get relegated, they are in a much better financial state than we are with a much better squad.

However, he will think he can keep them up.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He'll stay if only because he has a point to prove to the 'big' clubs that have ignored him since he left Celtic and the media who doubted his ability to manage in a truly competitive league. 

Next season may well be a different story but I'm with 1958 here, if he does go it will be to a much bigger outfit than Leicester or anyone like them. That would be to all intents and purposes a sideways move. They're no bigger than us although they're in the prem right now. At best I think LCFC is a yo-yo club like WBA and Neil won't want to go to a club that can't compete and stay in the prem for more than a season at a time. We know this club IS capable of an extended top flight run and I think under Neil's leadership we could well do it again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:He'll stay if only because he has a point to prove to the 'big' clubs that have ignored him since he left Celtic and the media who doubted his ability to manage in a truly competitive league. 

Next season may well be a different story but I'm with 1958 here, if he does go it will be to a much bigger outfit than Leicester or anyone like them. That would be to all intents and purposes a sideways move. They're no bigger than us although they're in the prem right now. At best I think LCFC is a yo-yo club like WBA and Neil won't want to go to a club that can't compete and stay in the prem for more than a season at a time. We know this club IS capable of an extended top flight run and I think under Neil's leadership we could well do it again.
Agree he seems to have something to prove in England but I do think he will jump ship as soon as it is decent to do so.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If he is an ambitious bloke he will eventually want to manage a club with ambition....and sorry to bring that old chestnut up again...but we aren't that club at the moment.  If he can get us to a top six next season I think even big teams like Liverpool or Spurs might come a calling. Didn't he sign a three year contract?  anyhow hopefully he will work that long at least.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum