Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does Your Name Define You?

+10
Keegan
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
scottjames30
NickFazer
Numpty 28723
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Does Your Name Define You? Empty Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A French court has stopped parents from naming their baby girl Nutella after the hazelnut spread, ruling that it would make her the target of derision. The judge ordered that the child be called Ella instead.

Do you think your name has hindered or increased your likelihood of success and happiness?

Natasha is a sexy Russian name, everyone loves a Natasha. If people know my name in advance of meeting me they already assume me to be a tall sexy woman with high intelligence. Naturally, I don't let them down when we meet.

But let's face it, some names are going to hinder you. Tanya and Stacey for example, both well known slags names. Any ridiculous "celebrity" name like Kylie, Britney or Justin is equally going to hold you back. And old fashioned names like Bruce, Fred, Ethel and Dorothy are not going to bring you the success you crave.

If you could go back in time would you stop your parents from giving you your name?

2Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite happy with my own name.
However,in future years,the our care homes are going to be filled with Kylie,Tyrone,Britney,Chantelle,Scott,Jordan and Josh. All tattooed up to the eyeballs.
I agree that 'Natasha' has a touch of class to it,but I try not to judge people by their name.
And neither does my brother Jumbo.
And by the way Nat,Bruce is not an old fashioned name.

3Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:56

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I agree that Nutella is a ridiculous name but celebrities call their kids all sorts of stupid names and judges don't step in then. 
It's also ridiculous for a judge to decide what you should call your child. It's not their place to.

4Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote: It's not their place to.

It is if it stops that child from being bullied

6Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:21

Natasha Whittam wrote:Natasha is a sexy Russian name, everyone loves a Natasha. If people know my name in advance of meeting me they already assume me to be a tall sexy woman with high intelligence. Naturally, I don't let them down when we meet.

Does Your Name Define You? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgNnNzevX58057mVz4jzSaavRsGUm87WYRt4cgFnJujR4j6zhs

7Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does Your Name Define You? 275324-291c5a3d162b40b9073b4aa6088ed051

8Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:29

first image that came up on google when i type in

29 year old preston business woman of the year called natasha

9Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:34

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I bet Frank Zappa's kids, Dweezil and Moon Unit wished they'd been given a normal name like Nutella.

Horrible Histories watchers will know they used to have some wacky names in Victorian times like Raspberry Lemon, Toilet, Baboon, Evil, Happy, Freezer Breezer, Minty Badger, Scary Looker, Princess Cheese and Miss Fartingclack.

My own family history throws up the name "Silence" as a first name quite a few times for both girls and boys. Not many "Numpties" up to now but that could change for future generations.

10Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:35

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some American names are awful, the worst one I've heard is Skyler. On the other hand the coolest name I heard was on The Simpsons, wealthy gad about Chiltern Gains.

11Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:58

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

NickFazer wrote:Some American names are awful, the worst one I've heard is Skyler. On the other hand the coolest name I heard was on The Simpsons, wealthy gad about Chiltern Gains.
Sky isn't too bad. Add ler on the end and it suddenly turns shit.

12Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 13:59

Bwfc1958 wrote:
NickFazer wrote:Some American names are awful, the worst one I've heard is Skyler. On the other hand the coolest name I heard was on The Simpsons, wealthy gad about Chiltern Gains.
Has this become a more popular name since breaking bad?  isn't his missus called skylar or something similar

13Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 14:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For years I thought my Christian name was 'Willyouputthatballaway'. Shocked

14Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 14:01

boltonbonce wrote:For years I thought my Christian name was 'Willyouputyourwillyaway'. Shocked
What a Face

15Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 14:02

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

y2johnny wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Has this become a more popular name since breaking bad?  isn't his missus called skylar or something similar
That is the reason. I read it somewhere. Don't know where, just did.

16Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 16:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nutella is indeed a stupid name and they're probably stupid parents, but rewind time to a few years and there were people called Mildred, Doris, Ernest, Melvin, Bessie, Otto, Celia.

17Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 16:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nutella may be a stupid name but it's spreading.

That said, I knew a couple of Natasha's who spread at every available opportunity.

I think one of them was very fond of Nutella on toast because she could never get going in the morning unless she got something hot and filling inside her.

18Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 16:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't mind having sex with someone called Natasha, its on my things to do list.

19Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 18:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Numpty 28723 wrote:I bet Frank Zappa's kids, Dweezil and Moon Unit wished they'd been given a normal name like Nutella.

But they can console themselves with their inheritance!Smile

20Does Your Name Define You? Empty Re: Does Your Name Define You? Tue Jan 27 2015, 18:54

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My name is so accurate that it is eerie. How did my parents know?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum