Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Footballer... Would You Be Happy Just Getting Paid ???

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

For not Playing ... just thinking about Kevin McNaughton he's not even at his parent club and he can't even get a game for us ... only time I see him is when he's warming up ... how can you keep your interest has a footballer when you're not even playing?

I know the Money helps but it wouldn't do for me.

Would you even care if you could still pick up five or six grand a week for simply going through the motions and just pretending that you still gave a shit, even if (through no fault of your own) your employer decided that you basically didn't have to make an effort to impress?

Pro footballers are dead lucky nowadays.

Once you get that contract signed you're on the gravy train.

And it's Tesco Finest Gravy all the way, not Aldi Value....

There is a massive disconnect between what footballers earn and the rest of us and it's all a bit surreal.

You can't blame some kid who's dropped lucky at 18 and is now earning half a million a year for doing fuck all - it's not his fault that Sky have set the salary bar as high as they have.

Doesn't make it right though....

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course you wouldn't be happy with just getting paid.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do doctors etc get paid for being on stand-by?
Footballers have to train all week to be ready to play even if they don't do the 90 minutes on a Saturday.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Do doctors etc get paid for being on stand-by?
Footballers have to train all week to be ready to play even if they don't do the 90 minutes on a Saturday.

That's what i was trying to say, they still have to put themselves through tough training week in week out if they play or not, id rather train hard all week knowing that i'll be playing on a Saturday.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

That's what i was trying to say, they still have to put themselves through tough training week in week out if they play or not, id rather train hard all week knowing that i'll be playing on a Saturday.

Perhaps we should start a thread about those spongeing bastards in the Territorial Army? Or not.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Perhaps we should start a thread about those spongeing bastards in the Territorial Army? Or not.
I've never rated the T.A. I think you should start one.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I would rather play than not, as it would be a job I love doing. If I had the chance to move clubs and have the chance to play week in week out I would take it, rather than train all week knowing I have no chance of getting on the pitch on a Saturday.

This is the reason I think Shaun Wright Phillips is a bit of a cunt. He's had the chance to go out on loan and play some football but instead he's happy to sit around and take the cash. I couldn't do that.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Pro footballers are dead lucky nowadays.

Once you get that contract signed you're on the gravy train.

And it's Tesco Finest Gravy all the way, not Aldi Value....

There is a massive disconnect between what footballers earn and the rest of us and it's all a bit surreal.

I agree

It's more of the Harrods Finest gravy though!

I reckon a pay as you play deal would be better and would sort out the players who didn't really give a shit to put more effort in.

Do people who shop at Harrods eat gravy...?  Very Happy

Not sure that there's much puddin' and chips consumed in Knightsbridge.

Better ask Whittam.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They do sell a Gien Millefleurs gravy boat at £69.95! Very Happy

http://www.harrods.com/product/millefleurs-sauce-boat/gien/000000000002463802

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I agree

It's more of the Harrods Finest gravy though!

I reckon a pay as you play deal would be better and would sort out the players who didn't really give a shit to put more effort in.

I agree with you in the money they get is obscene, KP.

But that's not their fault, but in a way they have earned it.

Do you realize how hard it is to become a pro footballer?

No footballer decided that he'd play football to sit on the bench, from a young age they would've all of wanted to be playing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum