Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Educating Essex

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Educating Essex  Empty Educating Essex Sat May 12 2012, 20:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For those that haven't seen it, it was a fly-on-the-wall Channel 4 documentary on a school in Essex.

I find it amazing that they were allowed to broadcast it as some of the content is real life uncensored bullying.

But I can't recommend it enough to anyone that hasn't seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3DQxUShvUA_Vo

2Educating Essex  Empty Re: Educating Essex Thu Sep 05 2013, 23:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thought I'd bump this in light of the follow-up, Educating Yorkshire airing tonight.

I've Virgin+ed it can't wait to see it.

Did anybody watch it?

3Educating Essex  Empty Re: Educating Essex Fri Sep 06 2013, 09:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

You don't need to watch it if you saw the Essex version (which was great tv). It is exactly the same format with a virtually identical cast speaking in Yorkshire rather than Essex accents. The other major problem is that they are obviously trying to make the head a replacement for the charismatic deputy head in the Essex version but he's not as interesting. And some of the kids are obviously very aware of the fact they are being filmed and clearly want to be the centre of attention.

I got halfway through and then gave up on it.

4Educating Essex  Empty Re: Educating Essex Fri Sep 13 2013, 03:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Did anybody watch it last night?

God it was typical.

Slag harasses quiet lad. Quiet lad lashes out at slag. Slag, aided by bellends that just wanna jump her bones, kick quiet lad's head in. Teachers get involved. The verdict...quiet lad needs anger management.
Later in the show, the same lad is in shit for retaliating to another bully as opposed to reporting it to a teacher.

Brilliant. Just about sums up every school in this country with "zero tolerance" towards bullying.

Once again, I'm amazed in fairness that Channel 4 is going ahead with making national villains out of children.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum