Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

US star Holden has no plans to hang up boots

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stuart Holden insists he has not given up on his playing career despite taking up more media duties back home in the US.

The 29-year-old midfielder is currently making good progress in his recovery from knee surgery and is optimistic he can return to England and resume duties on the pitch.

In the meantime, however, he has worked with US sports broadcaster ESPN and undertaken more TV work in an effort to plan for life after football.

Holden met with Neil Lennon before Christmas and has an informal arrangement to return to the club as soon as he has been given the all-clear by medical experts back in the States.

He wanted to clarify his situation on Tuesday night, however, telling fans on Facebook to remain patient as he completes his rehabilitation.

"Anytime I'm on TV, I get the inevitable 'Get back on the field, why are you on TV so much' shout from friends and foes,” he wrote.

“All I can say is that the process of healing takes time and a man needs to eat! I think everybody can agree at this point that it would be detrimental to push this faster than need be, trust me, this is the hardest part.

"I'm sure MOST are aware by now that I have NOT been under contract with Bolton since July 2014.

“While my plan is still to return to action with the club (COYW!), I've taken this opportunity to further my footsteps in the TV world and prepare for life after football (whenever that may be).

“It's something I certainly enjoy doing and hope to do post-career, but not ready to do it full time quite yet!

“I thank you for your continued support.

“Look out for a comprehensive video on the behind the scenes of my rehab/daily life coming in the next two weeks by Arch Rivals FC.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum