Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southport - You're shit.

+4
scottjames30
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Southport - You're shit. Empty Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:20

Just got back from spending the afternoon walking the dog on Southport beach with Mrs B.

Not been to Southport for a few years (Airshow about 7 or 8 years back).

What a dump!

It's like "Bradshawgate On Sea", with its boarded up shop fronts, Pound Stores and general shitness.

And the worst bit was we decided to get fish and chips and eat them in the car on the Prom (four quid to park for anything over an hour) and the bastards charged us £12.60 for two lots of fish and chips.

Not Dolphin, by the way, cod.

Robbing bastards!

Up yours, Southport!

2Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a lucky lady Mrs B is. You know how to show her a good time.

3Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:33

Expectation management is the key to a successful marriage.

If I took her to nice places and spoilt her, she'd want it every week.

This way, a trip to Southport and a bag of chips keeps her expectations at a manageable level.

Next week it's a stroll down the Liverpool - Leeds Canal and she'll think it's like the French Riviera compared to shitty Southport.

See.....psychology.

4Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can't beat a trip to the park.
Southport - You're shit. Dsc00808

5Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:39

-... .- ... - .- .-. -..

6Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:-... .- ... - .- .-. -..
I know who my Dad was.
I think.
According to my Mother, he kept his hat on during their all too brief relationship,but she's pretty sure too.

7Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 18:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Very Happy

8Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might open up a fish and chip shop in Southport .

9Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:42

Everywhere has boarded up shop fronts and pound shops these days. 

The price of fish and chips everywhere is astronomical, bought some in Wigan last week and it cost me £5.20 and I couldn't even see the sea. 

Southport ain't that bad. (thats the official slogan)

P.S I work for the Southport tourism board.

10Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:Southport ain't that bad.

Not too hard by the looks of things.

11Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Southport was a great place to go when they had the big funfair.

I know it's been replaced now but it sounds like more of a gypo and waltzer type job, rather than the wristband and rollercoaster sort of place it used to be.

Another place that's gone down the shitter is Morecambe. I can't believe people still buy caravans there.

12Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 19:59

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:Southport ain't that bad.

Not too hard by the looks of things.
I'll try an work harder, how about this as a new slogan

Southport: Our fish and chips may be slightly more expensive than Wigan but at least you can see the sea whilst eating them in your car.

13Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 20:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this would be better:

Southport: Visit us to help manage expectations

14Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 20:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Auntie was going to move to Southport until someone told her it was on Merseyside.
So she moved to Lytham St Annes.

15Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 20:34

Barb Dwyer wrote:

Southport: Our fish and chips may be slightly more expensive than Wigan but at least you can see the sea whilst eating them in your car.

...if you're very, very long-sighted. Very Happy

16Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Sun Mar 15 2015, 22:53

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think this would be better:

Southport: Visit us to help manage expectations

Only just spotted this.

Quality comment, sir.

Very Happy

17Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Mon Mar 16 2015, 09:16

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's some cracking ale houses though!

18Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Mon Mar 16 2015, 10:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Southport used to/may well still have pretentions of posh and there's something I like about decaying Victoriana (e.g. Cromer) although it's all but disappeared under plastic and broken neon in places down here like Great Yarmouth
Morecambe hasn't been the same since the magical illuminations for tiny kids park (Happy Valley? Happy Mount?) was bought by Mr Blobby PLC International but Southport still has a faded elegance IMO.
Went to New Brighton a few years back and that has gone down the pan but the history of it's golden years as the Scouse destination of choice is still interesting and for me as attractive as the go karts.
Southport, Morecambe, New Brighton - I may be alone in this, but I love former Victorian seaside resorts like these, even if it's just for a walk along the beach and a bag of chips. As the old joke goes these are the kind of places you could drop an atomic bomb on and do £10 worth of damage - but I love 'em.

19Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Mon Mar 16 2015, 10:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've a lot to thank Mitchell & Kenyon for. Some wonderful stuff in the archives.

20Southport - You're shit. Empty Re: Southport - You're shit. Mon Mar 16 2015, 16:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its not posh, or has any class like Blackpool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum