Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eidur Gudjohnsen on a memorable week

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eidur Gudjohnsen on a memorable week Empty Eidur Gudjohnsen on a memorable week Sun Apr 05 2015, 15:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yet another memorable week for Eidur Gudjohnsen in his decorated playing career – goals for Bolton Wanderers and the Icelandic national side, plus the birth of a baby.

The 36-year-old came off the bench to nod home a last minute equaliser for Bolton against Blackpool at Macron Stadium, on what had threatened to be a largely frustrating afternoon.

It was the Iceman’s second goal in just seven days, after he had netted on his return to the national side in their Euro 2016 qualifier against Kazakhstan.

And speaking after the match, Gudjohnsen was expressed his joy after a memorable last seven days.

“I wasn’t sure if it was my goal to be honest,” Gudjohnsen said after the match. “But, to have equalised late on is nice, given how many goals have gone against us recently.

“Although we created chances, I think all in all we have to perform better.

“The positive is that we kept going right until the end. When you keep going and keep believing you get your rewards. It’s a day of mixed emotions really.

“I think our manager gambled towards the end, when we had four forwards on the pitch. It left us a little bit open at times, but the decision paid off.

“It was great to be back with Iceland earlier in the week and to start the game. After being away from the team for a while to come back and score on my return was pleasing.

“On a personal level, my family and I also celebrated the birth of our baby this week. That has brought a lot of joy to my family.”

Gudjohnsen, who prior to signing at Bolton in January, had been without a club for the duration of the 2014/15 season.

And with his deal at Macron Stadium due to expire this summer, fan favourite Gudjohnsen expressed a desire to prolong his playing career into next season.

He added: “I want to carry on playing whilst I’m feeling good. I can’t see myself retiring in the near future, but we’ll see how that goes.

“The main thing now is to finish the season as strong as I can, and as strong as the team can."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't know whether to be pleased or deflated that he is probably the most exciting player in the squad.

I expected him to come in and make a small impact at best. As it is, he'd probably be the first name on the teamsheet if he were ten years younger.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Be pleased. He salvaged us a point against rock bottom, relegated before the season started, Blackpool. At home. That alone is enough to be grateful for - imagine the fallout of we had lost that game.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'd obviously be first name on the team sheet of he were 10 years younger. He'd be playing champions league football if he were 10 years younger....

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:He'd obviously be first name on the team sheet of he were 10 years younger. He'd be playing champions league football if he were 10 years younger....

Well that would be stating the obvious. Clearly, I was talking in terms of his stamina.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum