Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEHIND ENEMY LINES - DOUGIE UPDATE!!

+12
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
observer
Sluffy
Keegan
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
scottjames30
bryan458
karlypants
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1enemy - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - DOUGIE UPDATE!! Empty BEHIND ENEMY LINES - DOUGIE UPDATE!! Tue Apr 28 2015, 13:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman had a great start to life as Nottingham Forest manager, just as he did when he took over at Bolton. Having won 5 out of his first 6 games in charge, the Forest faithful thought they had the next Brian Clough in the hotseat.

However, several weeks later and the “Dougie Factor” has well and truly set in, no wins in their last 7 games and only two points to show for it. Incredibly the Forest Chairman, Fawaz Al Hasawi, has given Dougie a two year contract, something that has not gone down well with the Forest fans.

Here I take a look at the mood on the Forest forums and social media from the last few days......

Forest4Ever sums up the managerial merry-go-round:

Forest4Ever wrote:Once again Fawaz makes us look like a bunch of fucking idiots. There was absolutely no need to give Freedman a contract, no other fucker was going to take him. Why oh why didn’t we just wait until the Summer to assess Freedman’s results. Now we’re stuck with this clown until at least Christmas when we’ll no doubt sack the fool and pay him millions to fuck off.

Carlo Ancelotti is shiting himself......

Mansfield_Red wrote:Freedman inherited a decent Bolton team and took them to the bottom of the Championship. The signs were fucking there!! And what do we do, offer the cunt a two year contract to stop Barcelona and Real Madrid pinching him on the cheap! Fuck off.

Expect to see Jenas on a railway track near you soon:

JenasBellHop wrote:Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I can’t believe we’re stuck with Freedman. Summer should be about hope and talk of promotion. This Summer I’m going to be thinking of ways to kill myself.

Life has a way of kicking Barney in the balls:

Beeston Barny wrote:fuck freedman fuck fawaz fuck my neighbour who is shagging my missus

The Edge loses his grip on reality:

The Edge At Clifton wrote:Fackin ell, 7 games without a win and we'll still be stuck with this dick next season. Managing Forest is fackin easy if you know what you're doing, I'm currently guiding them to Premier League safety on Championship Manager. Where's my 2 year contract Fawaz??

Freedman really is a genius:

Halford's Crap Bike wrote:Freedman has done the impossible. He’s turned a decent attacking team with a dodgy defence into a clueless attacking team with an even dodgier defence! Hats off.

Don't you dare!

Tim Beanz wrote:Fuck off back to Bolton Freedman you tosser.

Dougie has already peaked according to Pete:

Pete-for-Brains wrote:Sadly I think his performance at Bolton is going to be the pinnacle of his career.

Arnold shares our pain:

ArnoldJumpStreet wrote:When we took Freedman on I went on a few Bolton forums to assess the mood and opinion. They were basically laughing at us, saying we’d be slashing our wrists inside three months. I thought it was just sour grapes at the time – now I know it was all true. Pass the knife.

We did warn you Jackie!

Jackie87 wrote:Freedman’s tactical ability makes Pearce look like Mourinho.

Steve throws his hat in the ring:

SteveStoneGod wrote:Put me in charge Fawaz, I'm clueless about tactics and players but am great at bullshit for the cameras. I'll do it for a third of what you pay Freedman.

Let's be honest, the following post could have been written by any Bolton fan during Dougie's spell:

Notts-Draws-Lots wrote:I went to Ipswich yesterday and their winner was the most predictable end to the game I’ve ever witnessed. Have we ever had a more negative manager? Any sniff of a point and he’s got 11 men behind the ball. It never fuckin’ works Dougie, you just invite pressure and we’re not good enough to soak it up.

Frank has some advice for Dougie:

Little Frank wrote:Someone tell Dougie that 0-0 isn’t something to aspire too. Negative twat.

BurtonBoy sums up how I felt watching Bolton under Dougie:

BurtonBoy79 wrote:My enjoyment of football and particularly the matchday experience is at an all time low. At least under Pearce we had a bit of passion, even if the end product was poor. But now even the passion has gone, the players don’t seem to care, matchday is just another payday for them. Thanks Dougie.

Sometimes it's good to cut through the bullshit:

JasonLeesHair wrote:FUCK OFF DOUGIE

KennyLogOut wrote:killing this club

Arty The Great wrote:Dougie is taking us all on a trip to League 1

James7865 wrote:Cunt.

Barse Andit: coming to a news bulletin near you very soon:

Barse Andit wrote:I've just ripped out every photo of Dougie from last week's programme. Is this how serial killers start off?

Hipster won't like this post:

Soap Dodger wrote:Same old post-match bollocks from Freedman. We were great, didn’t take our chances, blah blah blah. For the record Dougie, we were shit and got what we deserved because you are a spineless jock. Stick that in your post match interview!

No, Bolton too.

FallenDown78 wrote:A two year contract for doing nothing. Only at Forest!

It will only get worse Eddie, trust me:

Long Eaton Eddie wrote:Freedman started well, but show me a new manager who doesn’t get instant results. Why on earth have we given him a two year contract when the honeymoon is clearly over and we’re headed down the league? On 2nd May we should have shook his hand, said 'Thanks Dougie', and kicked him out the front door. Now we’ll have to wait until the inevitable relegation battle next season.

At least someone appreciates Dougie:

NottsCountyTilIDie wrote:Dougie Freedman is the messiah! From all your friends at Notts County.

At least people liked Manuel:

Forest Fossil wrote:Someone send for the doctor! Basil Fawlty has given Manuel a two year contract! Que?

We've all been here:

Pearce4England wrote:just heard about dougie’s 2 year contract. i was so angry i smashed the keyboard and now my capslock is broken.

It'll be even worse!

PeterBarkley7651 wrote:Some of the worst football I’ve seen in over 40 years. Why so negative? If this is how we play when we’re mid-table with nothing to play for, imagine how dire it’ll be should we make a poor start next season.

He never mastered defending at Bolton either:

OrioOllie wrote:I didn’t have high hopes for Freedman, but I had hoped he’d at least address the defence, which is the worst in my 50+ years following the club. If anything he’s made it worse, we seem to be playing two at the back sometimes. Absolutely clueless.

We have a whole squad of those type of players.

Gary1975 wrote:I’m not sure some of these players know who is playing on their team and who is the opposition.

Tough choices ahead for Steve:

Steve of Nottingham wrote:It’s going to be a tough choice next season. Saturday afternoon watching Dougie’s Forest or staying at home while the wife and her fat friends workout in the front room. Both are torture.

It'll get worse before it gets better:

Beeston-on-Sea wrote:I can’t take much more of this brand of football. I’d rather lose 4-3 than grind out draws the Dougie way. Painful.

Poor Dougie, he gets blamed for everything:

Sheema123 wrote:Crashed my car last week while listening to the news of Dougie's new contract. I've sent the £850 bill direct to the club.

And now's he's the devil himself!

Debbie1967 wrote:Sack him now before he puts the final nail in the coffin! Dougie is the devil!

By November? I say October.

Weebleswobble wrote:ive followed the forest for many years now and seen one good manager in 40 years. When will the club lern? stop handing out fat contracts until a manager has acheeved something. Dougie to be on gardening leave by november.

What passion? Did you see us at Bournemouth?

Godzilla90 wrote:We get Freedman and Bolton get Lennon. What’s the betting Lennon gets Bolton promotion next season with a bit of passion, while Dougie relegates us with his laid back magic.

You read right, but we rarely scored.

ForestFanNo1 wrote:I read somewhere that Dougie’s philosophy at Bolton was create one chance and score from it. Clearly he’s ripped that philosophy up and replaced it with create nothing, get nothing.

Dougie turns everyone to drugs eventually:

Meet My Brother Stuart wrote:Dougie’s brand of football has just saved me £500 next season following this shite. I might spend it on crack instead.

I'm always 100% spot on:

LillyBiar wrote:I thought Bolton fans were exaggerating how bad Dougie is, but they were 100% spot on. Mind numbing football by a mind numbing manager.

I think Des speaks for all Forest fans.

Des Walker's Big Toe wrote:I've had more fun trimming my pubes. Dougie out.

An old story I'm afraid Viv:

Viv Handerson wrote:We need to start playing to our strengths, we have the players to get promoted next season but unless Dougie starts picking tactics to suit the players rather than players to suit the tactics we will be looking over our shoulder.

No messing with this guy:

DougieIHateYou (formally PearceLover) wrote:FUCK OFF AND DIE YOU BOLTON WANKER IVE TRODDEN IN BETTER MANAGERS THAN YOU BOLTON WANKER. NOW FUCK OFF BOLTON WANKER.

Think this counts as a grovelling apology. Very Happy

Welcome back Nat! Always good to read Behind Enemy lines.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A leopard does not change it's spots..... Doogie back to his old self.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done Nat, fantastic as always! Very Happy :clap:

terenceanne wrote:A leopard does not change it's spots..... Doogie back to his old self.

In fairness the forum I looked at had a lot of positive feelings towards Dougie being made permanent. I think most Forest fans seem to blame the injury crisis and their inability to do anything about it because of the embargo.

Great work, looking forward to the wigan relegation special though.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Top class as always!!!!

bryan458 wrote:Top ass as always!!!!
You're obsessed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Haha, just wait till dougie starts signing the donkey's palace have put out to pasture! !!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great Stuff, i think Sluffy might let you off after reading that.

Funny as fuck.

Everybody has missed you!

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Good to see the forest fans suffering the way we did. At least that's one of the playoff contenders out of the picture for next season.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Welcome back Nat. Without you this forum would be more boring than Dougies tactics.
This was brill- as always

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

E R wrote:he is a rubbish manager and will not take the club forwards

Dane B wrote:I'm the cunt with the biggest gob on here when we appoint what I consider to be the wrong manager, but you know what mate, this is one time too many for me. I just don't give a flying fuck anymore.

HucknallRed wrote:Awesome. Not a single fan around us thought giving him a contract made any sense at all.

Tutts wrote:Do we even need a manager?

At school PE teacher used to just bring in the kit prematch, and there was a massive scramble. If you got a shirt numbers 1 - 11, you played.

We should stick to that, see who really wants it.

PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO wrote:can't see any optimism or light at the end of this tunnel, seeing dead people is as good as it gets

cenobite wrote:How the fuck have we ended up with this joker as our manager? Freedman is worse than platt. Success will be staying up next year. Get him out now before it's too late. You will all see yet again I am right. 17 years and counting. #freedman out

That's a brief stroll through the Forest for me - not seeing many positive views either. Good job, Nat.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hehehe, poor Forest fans, they don't realise just how bad it's going to get when Dougie starts bringing in his own players

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fantastic as usual!

Thank you Natasha.

PS - one of our 'retro' banners of Freedman put ip as tribute to this thread!

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Who has the Freedman out banner?  Perhaps you can sell it to the NF fans next season?

observer wrote:Who has the Freedman out banner?  Perhaps you can sell it to the NF fans next season?

White84

Maybe not wise

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cracking BEL as always. :clap:

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was kind of hoping this would be a BEL about Dougie being sacked...oh well. Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great stuff!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum