Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers linked with move for Numancia striker Sergi Enrich

+4
luckyPeterpiper
MartinBWFC
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

REPORTS in Spain claim Wanderers are hot on the heels of Numancia striker Sergi Enrich.

The 25-year-old has represented Spain at under-19 level and is available on a free transfer this summer.

He boasts 15 goals in 34 appearances for the Segunda Division side this season and is looking to leave the club, currently in mid-table.

Neil Lennon and his right-hand men Johan Mjallby and Garry Parker have been scouting in Spain recently and are looking to sign at least one new striker in the summer.

With Jermaine Beckford set to be released and Adam Le Fondre returning to Cardiff City from his loan spell, Lennon has only two contracted strikers on his books next season.

Max Clayton and Zach Clough remain tied to the club, and while Emile Heskey and Eidur Gudjohnsen are expected to sign one-year contracts in the next couple of weeks, there remain doubts as to whether Craig Davies will stay with the Whites.

Source

Last edited by karlypants on Mon May 11 2015, 12:09; edited 1 time in total

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The question the BEN need to be asking is how much does this player want paying... 

If its above league 2 standard, they shouldn't have even bothered writing the article...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

Max Clayton and Zach Clough remain tied to the club, 

Source

For now... 

Lennon is scouting like a man possessed abroad. 

While Graveside will be at home busy trying to sell our best assets.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Source

For now... 

Who's he trying to sell?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Source

For now... 

Who's he trying to sell?
Anyone who's worth a bob or two, in Rebels World anyway.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Source

For now... 

Who's he trying to sell?
Anyone who's worth a bob or two, in Rebels World anyway.
Trust me... couple of good early goals for clayton or clough and gartside will smell $$$ 

Fuck the chance clough could be a 25 goal-a-season striker in the championship and could mean the difference between finishing 3rd or 10th... just grab the money and run! Its how our club works.

Lee was running out of contract and wasn't going to sign, same with Gary Cahill. Apart from that I can't think of any examples which support your claims.

I disagree with Rebel a bit on this one, but only because I think that Gartside will try and hang onto Clough and Clayton if either of them starts banging 'em in because he'll do some basic maths:

Being kids, they'll be on fuck all in terms of wages, so the nett benefit of retaining their services if they are scoring for fun will offset the potential £2m or so we could command for them in transfer fees.

However, if either of them (or both) have a decent season and scores 15+ goals, they will be flogged on before it gets to "new contract discussion" time.

In my very simplistic and completely uninformed opinion.  Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I know nothing about this player (Sergi Enrich) and so won't comment on him. However, I feel breadman may well be right about Clough and Clayton. As I understand it both are under 23 and would therefore command some sort of fee whether under contract to us or not. What it will boil down to in Gartside's mind is whether or not the fee we can get now is more or less than we have spent on them already. The equation will obviously change depending on how they perform next season and if they look like they'll make a net profit he'll order them sold.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Looks good on Youtube - worth a punt if they have scouted him properly - unlike Coyle with Sordell!!!

(Nice one Owen!)

Braaten looked feckin' awesome on YouTube.

Nuff said....... Very Happy

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

True... 

Remember the screamer he scored against reading at the Reebok though?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers step up interest in Spain star Sergi Enrich

Wanderers ran another check on Sergi Enrich last night as Neil Lennon continues to weigh up a move for the Spanish hit-man.

Out-of-contract in the summer, the 25-year-old front man was watched by the Whites in league action for Numancia at Llagostera yesterday.

He has impressed this season with 15 goals in a mid-table Segunda Division side and Lennon believes his powerful style could translate to the Championship.

Sergi has been watched on a number of occasions over the last month but is not the only name on a shortlist of strikers Wanderers are considering this summer.

Lennon recognises the need for more goals next season, particularly as the club currently look unable to match Cardiff City’s demands for a loan deal involving Adam Le Fondre.

“We don’t have a lot of money to spend but if I did, I’d be looking at a striker, a goalscorer,” the manager said.

“You look at any side that has been successful in the Championship over the last five years and they’ve had someone who can get them 15-20 goals.

“Adam Le Fondre has done well for us but he isn’t our player. It’s certainly an area I think we need to look at and improve on.”

After breaking through with the Mallorca B team and spending time on loan with Recreativo and Alcorcon, the stocky-built Sergi appears to be fulfilling the promising talent which was capped at under-19s level.

Sergi has been virtually ever-present for Numancia this season and reports in Spain hint that he is looking to play at a higher level.

It remains to be seen whether a move to England would suit the Menorcan but his salary should be well within Wanderers’ reach.

Although Lennon has previously pledged to build from the back this summer, the lack of an out-and-out striker is a concern.

Lennon has all-but agreed an extra year for Emile Heskey and is hoping to conclude a similar deal for Eidur Gudjohnsen.

But while the veteran strike-force gave his side a vital boost last season, the Whites boss needs to find a more durable spearhead for his attack who can stand up to the rigours of a 46-game campaign.

A decision is expected on Craig Davies early this week. The Wales international is out of contract and has impressed, when fit, this season.

Concern remains, however, over the hamstring problems which have seriously restricted his availability since the turn of the year.

It is hoped Zach Clough and Max Clayton will be available for the start of pre-season training.

Source

So this means that we haven't got a cat in hell's chance of signing ALF.

That's how I read it anyway.

i think the valuation Cardiff have put on him has ruled us out.  The problem is he did well while he was here.  bumps the price up.  but if he had done shite, we wouldn't want him but could probably afford him.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we need a striker! I can't go through all this again, losing out on the Juke was bad enough Rolling Eyes

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:we need a striker! I can't go through all this again, losing out on the Juke was bad enough Rolling Eyes

Juke could barely get into the Burnley team.  I think he was a flash in the pan for us to be honest.  Having said that I would still have him over Heskey if I had a choice in it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think ALF will end up back here but it will dragged out all summer. In regards to this Spanish lad, I don't want him purely because he looks like ARG from towie

terenceanne wrote:
Norpig wrote:we need a striker! I can't go through all this again, losing out on the Juke was bad enough Rolling Eyes

Juke could barely get into the Burnley team.  I think he was a flash in the pan for us to be honest.  Having said that I would still have him over Heskey if I had a choice in it.

Unfair on Juke, think the Championship's just more his level. Plenty fail to make the step up. I'd take him back straight away but I reckon Burnley will hold onto him having lost Ings.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:
terenceanne wrote:

Unfair on Juke, think the Championship's just more his level. Plenty fail to make the step up. I'd take him back straight away but I reckon Burnley will hold onto him having lost Ings.

As I said... I would take him over Heskey.  So from that view we are in agreement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum