Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Want To Live On a Boat

+2
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I Want To Live On a Boat Empty I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 13:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recently the council have created an entrance to the canal very near Whittam Towers so I have been walking my dog there every night.

I've noticed there are quite a few people living on the canal in narrowboats or small regular boats, and I have to admit I'm jealous. I'm seriously considering selling my penthouse and buying a narrowboat so I can live the simple life.

Imagine being able to move your house to a different location every night and enjoying countryside views at your leisure. It's like being a tortoise.

Does anyone have experience of living on a boat?

2I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 13:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Also having to pay extra premium for utilities such as electricity and gas, never mind clean water, but still undrinkable. Then there are the moorings rental, never mind the fact that houseboats have a higher rate of burgulary and fires - so the insurance will be higher.

I did look into it myself, a few months ago - as it would have been great to live on a houseboat on one of the canals inAmsterdam, but when you weigh up all the extra costs I decided against it - very inefficient way of losing money. If I were you, stay in your penthouse!

3I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 14:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Also having to pay extra premium for utilities such as electricity and gas, never mind clean water, but still undrinkable. Then there are the moorings rental, never mind the fact that houseboats have a higher rate of burgulary and fires - so the insurance will be higher.

So I can afford a penthouse in one of Preston's top celeb hotspots, but would struggle to run a boat on a canal? Get real Chris.

And where is your sense of adventure? I'm going to ride my boat all the way to Amsterdam, I love their canal system.

4I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 14:09

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would never say you would struggle to pay but it is a completley inefficient way of spending your money. It would like just giving money away to HN for plastic surgery, or to BH for liposuction!

5I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 14:54

Natasha, it sounds a nice easy life living on a boat, but my parents had a narrowboat not so many years ago and the red tape and rules are enough to make FIFA seem organised. Stay clear.

6I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 15:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Richard Branson lived on a narrowboat when he first started out in business. I lived in a flat next to a canal when I was a student, and worked in a canal side pub. I became good friends with quite a few of the 'boaters' as we used to call them, and spent many an evening getting wasted on their boats. Even got to sail one of the boats for about 5 miles - it takes a lot of getting used to and it's harder than it looks, particularly passing other boats or going through tunnels. I think it would be fun to live on one, but I wouldn't want to do it permanently at my age now.

7I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 16:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Richard Branson lived on a narrowboat when he first started out in business. I lived in a flat next to a canal when I was a student, and worked in a canal side pub. I became good friends with quite a few of the 'boaters' as we used to call them, and spent many an evening getting wasted on their boats. Even got to sail one of the boats for about 5 miles - it takes a lot of getting used to and it's harder than it looks, particularly passing other boats or going through tunnels. I think it would be fun to live on one, but I wouldn't want to do it permanently at my age now.

I am going to get some training, but I'm good at all things that require a bit of physical exertion. And what a way to get to away games!

8I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Mon May 21 2012, 16:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I am going to get some training, but I'm good at all things that require a bit of physical exertion. And what a way to get to away games!

I wonder if some saddo has put together a football league canal travel guide on the internet.

If not, you could make some more millions Nat. All I ask is a 1% royalty for the concept.

9I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 13:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to view a boat in Nantwich this morning, very exciting!

This is the one I saw:

Natasha's Narrowboat

It's fricking ace, it hardly needs any work, and just think of the privacy! And you can get the internet and TV!

10I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 13:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I went to view a boat in Nantwich this morning, very exciting!

This is the one I saw:

Natasha's Narrowboat

It's fricking ace, it hardly needs any work, and just think of the privacy! And you can get the internet and TV!

You're not making this up are you? Because that would be extremely odd.

11I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why would I make this up? I want to live on a boat. Do you not have dreams?

12I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i mean the bit about going to view a boat.

13I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No i mean the bit about going to view a boat.

I'd be silly to buy one without viewing.

14I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

hmmm.

15I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:hmmm.

So you bought your Corsa without driving it?

16I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So if i phone the owner of that boat he will confirm to me he had a visit from a 32 year old woman this morning?

17I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:So if i phone the owner of that boat he will confirm to me he had a visit from a 32 year old woman this morning?

Well, I didn't tell him my age and people say I look 25 so ask him if an ex-model type looked at his vessel this morning.

18I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:48

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:So if i phone the owner of that boat he will confirm to me he had a visit from a 32 year old woman this morning?

Well, I didn't tell him my age and people say I look 25 so ask him if an ex-model type looked at his vessel this morning.

One with an Adam's Apple. And a cock.

19I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:54

largehat wrote:

One with an Adam's Apple. And a cock.

lol!

Pretty sure he'd remember that!!

20I Want To Live On a Boat Empty Re: I Want To Live On a Boat Wed May 23 2012, 14:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You won't be laughing when I turn up at Barnsley next season in my boat. No traffic, home before the scores are read out, tea in the oven. Perfect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum