Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers strike target reveals English ambitions

+2
Boggersbelief
karlypants
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sergi Enrich is ready to swap Spain for England – if Wanderers can find the cash to sign him.

The Numancia striker is open to a Championship move but reports on the continent claim he is also being tracked by rivals Brighton, Huddersfield Town and Nottingham Forest.

Neil Lennon and his staff have run a series of checks on the 25-year-old in the past couple of months and if, as expected, he becomes a free agent in the summer, the Whites boss looks to be first in line.

But amidst real concern over just how much money will be available for signings in the next few months, nothing is being taken for granted.

Speaking in the Spanish press, Sergi confirmed a move abroad was a distinct possibility next season.

“I have a very good offer on the table in England,” he said. “I like the project on offer for me and my family.

“Football is about these moments and it seems I have reached mine.

“I am happy and I see that now is an important step in my career. There are things that happen only once in your life and you have to jump on the bandwagon.”

The player’s representatives claim offers have also been made from La Liga, where Eibar, Deportivo, Valencia and Almeira have also been linked.

Lennon has hinted previously that he may pour the majority of his available funds into finding a regular goal-scorer, and with 15 goals to his name in a mid-table side, Sergi fits the bill.

The former Mallorca man has been a fairly late bloomer in the Spanish lower leagues but is enjoying the best season of his career to date and has the power and pace Lennon is searching for.

But it remains to be seen whether the same cash-flow problems which halted contract negotiations with Matt Mills, Darren Pratley and Adam Bogdan in recent weeks also become a hindrance to incoming deals, like Sergi.

Efforts are being made to reduce the wage bill further from last year’s £28million and some significant figures will be wiped off the wage bill this summer, with the highly-anticipated retained list expected to be announced within the next 48 hours.

The club should confirm the release of a handful of high earners before the weekend is over – with the most surprising name on the list being club skipper Matt Mills, who made 41 appearances this season.

Source

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Valencia really are interested then we don't have a hope.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:If Valencia really are interested then we don't have a hope.

Are you trying to say that a glamour fixture like Huddersfield away on a cold Tuesday night will not tempt him Shocked

Boggersbelief wrote:If Valencia really are interested then we don't have a hope.

They're not.

Obviously signing a striker is a priority but blowing "the majority of the available funds to find a regular goal-scorer" seems like a bit of a risk to me.

Hope it pays off.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if we are going to blow our money on a striker then it should be a proven scorer at this level like Le Fondre rather than an untried Spanish player

GK - Bogdan/Amos
RB - Baptiste
CB - Wheater
CB - Dervite
LB - Ream
CM - Vela
CM - Mavies
CM - Pratley
AM - Clough
ST - Gudjohnson
ST - Clayton

Subs - Bogdan/Amos/Lynch, Moxey Girl, Feeney, Danns, Trotter, Heskey, Walker

That doesn't look a bad 11 but as soon as at least three or four of them get injured, which they will, we are knackered.

I know we're shit at defending but I don't think we're allowed to play two keepers at the same time.

Sorry, Johnny......

Breadman wrote:I know we're shit at defending but I don't think we're allowed to play two keepers at the same time.

Sorry, Johnny......
Thats assuming either of those are with/come to us next season.  i just meant either or but i shudder to think what the alternative is

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:GK - Bogdan/Amos
RB - Baptiste
CB - Wheater
CB - Dervite
LB - Ream
CM - Vela
CM - Mavies
CM - Pratley
AM - Clough
ST - Gudjohnson
ST - Clayton

Subs - Bogdan/Amos/Lynch, Moxey Girl, Feeney, Danns, Trotter, Heskey, Walker

That doesn't look a bad 11 but as soon as at least three or four of them get injured, which they will, we are knackered.

Ream is not a left back....that's the first hole. Then if Sergi comes aboard who would you replace at striker?

Gudjohnson. Impact sub. If we get a lb replace dervite with ream

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

They're not.

Think ill take the word of the players representatives over yours.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:if we are going to blow our money on a striker then it should be a proven scorer at this level like Le Fondre rather than an untried Spanish player

We can't afford Le Fondre, this Spanish guy is a free agent

Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

They're not.

Think ill take the word of the players representatives over yours.

Ye God knows why a players agent would invent a link to a big club. That never happens.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you saying that it isn't true isn't more believable, sorry

But your saying that him saying it isn't true isn't any more reliable than him saying that what you're saying isn't true.

Just saying.

I'm confused

Wensleydale.

Boggersbelief wrote:you saying that it isn't true isn't more believable, sorry

Wouldn't hold your breath. It's a very common tactic with agents - Medo Kamara to Tottenham, Rooney to City etc. It's just bluster.

Thats what the moon is made of isnt it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum