Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers slash wage bill by £5million a year

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

y2johnny wrote:The things is sluffy we can get 4 decent (probably better) players than mills on the saving we are making on mills alone.  Same with baptiste and spearing.  Both on 30k a week.  Sack them off too.  Thats 100k saved off three players alone that would pay 10k a week to ten players who would be a country mile better.

We can 'sack off' Baptiste and Spearing - they are still contracted to the club - we would either have to sell them or loan them out with the loan club paying some of their wages.

Lennon made no secret that he wanted to re-sign Mills.

So as two weren't at the club and he wanted to re-sign the other - these clearly were not the ones he's blasted for the late goals and bad attitudes - so I keep asking who these people are?

Yes it does seem that Coyle and Freedman have signed players on higher paying contracts than they warranted and that one would think a decent manager and scout would do better with that money we have wasted / continue to waste.

However the only thing Lennon as control over is the players under contract with us, their fitness/training and how they play (line-ups and tactics).

If he's not happy with some of those he has then one can only hope that he's sorting that out during the summer break, otherwise we start the new season with the same faults we finished the last with.

I know what your saying but we are constantly playing players out of position. Fielding make shift teams. "squad" and impact players making the starting eleven and playing full games.  Lennon needs to get a squad capable of staying fit and put rounds pegs in round holes.

As for the players not performing etc etc, then he could have let his disappointment get the better of him and said some of those things in the hope of getting more out of the players.  It hasnt exactly panned out but short of getting rid of all players and starting from scratch which in our financial situation is impossible what can he do.  In my opinion if blackburn want spearing and baptiste let them go.  Theyve made noises like they want them and under the rules of their transfer embargo because they already had them on the wage book, as long as they dont cost anymore (a transfer fee) they can have them.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13 players, £100k

So the average wage was £7692 a week then.

Thought it would be a lot more than that.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

How much did you think our eight 'youth' players released were on then?

I'm with Sluffy on this (and no, Boggers, that's not me creeping, it's just me using my experience of life to make a judgement).

The eight kids can't have been on more than 500 quid a week (still a very decent wage for an adolescent kicking a ball around all day), so that means that the bulk of this money would have gone to the grown-ups.

All £97,500 of it.

Every week........

Just shy of twenty grand a week each.

Nice work if you can get it........

Matt mills - 42.3k
Craig davies - 6.4k
Andy lonergan - 8.5k
Jermaine beckford - not sure
Keith andrews - not sure
George illiev - 1.9k

So the ones we know about come to 59.1k. So 41k split between andrews beckford and the rest of the youngsters. At a guess andrews was on about 25k. Beckford 10k.

The only one worth his wage was lonergan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum