Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

JAY JAY: "my work at Bolton was wasted"

+10
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
terenceanne
Lofty_Love
xmiles
wanderlust
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stinging "attack" from a "shite" player.

in an article published by a national newspaper, the 38-year-old criticised the lack of progress made since he left in 2006. “We changed the image of the club,” Okocha said of his time with the Whites under Sam Alardyce. “We established the club in the Premier League and we thought they would build from there.

“But all our efforts have been thrown away. It feels like all that work was wasted.”

Article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We laid a good foundation at Bolton but unfortunately for the fans, they have to deal with Bolton being a struggling team again

You stupid bastard Okocha, the whole reason we are struggling is because Fat Sam spent a load of cash on wankers like you. You didn't lay any foundation, you bled the club dry then fucked off to the next big payday.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

STOP disrespecting JAYJAY!!!!!!!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:STOP disrespecting JAYJAY!!!!!!!!!

He's disrespecting Owen Coyle, I won't stand for it.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Where did Jay Jay go to after Bolton and how much were his wages?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Qatar for a healthy wedge. However he'd been scammed in Nigeria apparently and had lost his career earnings up to that point.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Qatar for a healthy wedge. However he'd been scammed in Nigeria apparently and had lost his career earnings up to that point.

If the Nigeria part is true, then very understandable.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:Qatar for a healthy wedge. However he'd been scammed in Nigeria apparently and had lost his career earnings up to that point.

What, he fell for that old I need to get millions out of the country send me your bank details scam?

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You stupid bastard Okocha, the whole reason we are struggling is because Fat Sam spent a load of cash on wankers like you. You didn't lay any foundation, you bled the club dry then fucked off to the next big payday.

Thats really mostly Megsons fault

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whether he had anything to do with it or not ... I still agree with what he said. I've been saying the same thing for years.
Until ownership and the execs are changed we will remain little ol Bolton.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:STOP disrespecting JAYJAY!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Hipster. Exclamation

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lofty_Love wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Thats really mostly Megsons fault

It wasn't really, BSA had these players like jay jay on huge salaries, which is why he brought them in on freebies.

Yes megson spent a lot of money transfer wise but Megson was even asked to bring the wage bill down drastically when he was appointed after.

The size of the squad when Megson took over plus the wage bill on top of that must have been massive, christ Lee brought in a shit load of players in the summer which must have taken a bigger chunk out of our wage budget.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:
It wasn't really, BSA had these players like jay jay on huge salaries, which is why he brought them in on freebies.

Yes megson spent a lot of money transfer wise but Megson was even asked to bring the wage bill down drastically when he was appointed after.

The size of the squad when Megson took over plus the wage bill on top of that must have been massive, christ Lee brought in a shit load of players in the summer which must have taken a bigger chunk out of our wage budget.

I don't blame managers for the money they decide to spend, thats the chairmans job, but its up to the manager to spend that money well:

BSA- consistently top table, got in Europe, debt when he left: 43 mill

Megson- Consistently in a relegation battle, debt when he left: 93 mill

Megson had bags of money to spend on the squad and his choices were terrible overall, yes he got a few alright players and the odd goodun but in comparison to the budget the overall quality we brought in was dismal.

I don't know the exact figures but even if BSA spent the same on wages/transfers as Megson, which Im pretty sure he didn't anyway (frees make a HUGE difference in this, Elmanders purchase price could fund for FIVE £40,000 a week players for a YEAR!) The results he produced compensated for it.

Without BSA we may have never even tasted the Premier Leagues £40,000,000 a year again, and most definitely not for 11 years.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've made it my business for two and a half years to put right the many misconceptions about Gary Megson and his time at Bolton. There's even a folder on my hard-drive entitled "Megson's Bullshit" consisting of everything from Microsoft Excel documents to Notepads containing information from numerous articles across the web as well as raw data I've gathered that contradicts the rubbish that gets spouted about his time at the club.

The wage bill for the season ended May 2007, by which point Allardyce had been gone two weeks, came to £30,700,000. The wage bill for the following season increased to £39,033,000. Sammy Lee is arguably responsible for this increase but given the calibre of the players he brought in, not to mention the sale of players like Ben Haim and Faye, I'd be amazed if that was the case.
It then increased to £40,900,000 for the 08/09 season, and to £46,400,000 in 09/10.

Another common misconception is that Megson inherited a squad full of well-past-its and left us with a younger, fitter squad.
I found that the average age of the 27 man squad Megson took over in October 2007 was 26, the same average age of the 28 man squad he left us with in December 2009.

So Megson did not lower the wage bill, and did not build a squad younger than the one he inherited!

(You can't argue with facts, can you!)

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Excellent post doffcocker!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

agreed, nice post

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I've made it my business for two and a half years to put right the many misconceptions about Gary Megson and his time at Bolton. There's even a folder on my hard-drive entitled "Megson's Bullshit" consisting of everything from Microsoft Excel documents to Notepads containing information from numerous articles across the web as well as raw data I've gathered that contradicts the rubbish that gets spouted about his time at the club.

The wage bill for the season ended May 2007, by which point Allardyce had been gone two weeks, came to £30,700,000. The wage bill for the following season increased to £39,033,000. Sammy Lee is arguably responsible for this increase but given the calibre of the players he brought in, not to mention the sale of players like Ben Haim and Faye, I'd be amazed if that was the case.
It then increased to £40,900,000 for the 08/09 season, and to £46,400,000 in 09/10.

Another common misconception is that Megson inherited a squad full of well-past-its and left us with a younger, fitter squad.
I found that the average age of the 27 man squad Megson took over in October 2007 was 26, the same average age of the 28 man squad he left us with in December 2009.

So Megson did not lower the wage bill, and did not build a squad younger than the one he inherited!

Pretty much spot on. If Megson gets the Villa job things will never be the same at Villa Park ever again.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:I've made it my business for two and a half years to put right the many misconceptions about Gary Megson and his time at Bolton. There's even a folder on my hard-drive entitled "Megson's Bullshit" consisting of everything from Microsoft Excel documents to Notepads containing information from numerous articles across the web as well as raw data I've gathered that contradicts the rubbish that gets spouted about his time at the club.

cracking.... id just have been equally as happy with 'megson is a wanker' though.

good post...

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Speaking of which, Megson is a wanker.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Yeah.... He is.

Was.