Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers interested in bringing in ex-Liverpool stopper

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS have been linked with a move for former England goalkeeper Chris Kirkland.

Reports on Sunday morning claim the 34-year-old is poised to join the Whites as competition for recently-signed number one Ben Amos.

Kirkland left Sheffield Wednesday last month and has already spoken with Rotherham United this summer.

And while the former Wigan Athletic and Liverpool star’s experience could be considered a coup for Neil Lennon, who released Andy Lonergan and lost Adam Bogdan from last season’s squad, there is some doubt as to whether he would accept signing for the club as a back-up.

On leaving Hillsborough, Kirkland hinted that his next move would have to offer regular football.

“This has been a really tough decision and one that I have mulled over through the summer but I have decided to move on,” he said.

“I want a new challenge at this stage of my career. Everyone loves to play first team football and I am no different.”

Kirkland made just eight appearances for the Owls last season but dropped behind Keiron Westwood in Stuart Gray’s plans.

Lennon secured Amos with a lucrative offer this summer to ward off competition from other Championship clubs, and the former Manchester United star is almost certain to start as his first choice.

Meanwhile, former Wanderers defender Sam Ricketts is on the verge of a move to Coventry City after being released at Wolves.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/13371986.Bolton_Wanderers_interested_in_bringing_in_ex_Liverpool_stopper/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum