Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official: Emile Heskey agrees one-year contract with Wanderers

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Emile Heskey has extended his stay with the club by agreeing a one-year contract following his stint at Macron Stadium during the 2014/15 campaign.

The experienced frontman initially joined the Whites on a short-term deal last December, going on to make 18 appearances for Wanderers.

Scoring a solitary goal on his debut against Blackburn Rovers, the striker has now agreed terms on a deal which will see him remain a Bolton Wanderers player for the upcoming 2015/16 season.

Heskey will retain the number 19 shirt as was worn by the former England international last term.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

about time

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:about time

I was just about to say the same thing! Very Happy

karlypants wrote:
y2johnny wrote:about time

I was just about to say the same thing! Very Happy
saved a fortune on wages while they have been "playing for a contract" i suppose

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This is the news I've been waiting for all pre season. Forget ALF, we're going places now we've tied Bruno down.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have to say i am pretty underwhelmed with all the business we've done over the summer (apart from Amos), i know it's not really Lennons fault as he's had no money and he's done his best but i feel depressed even before the first ball of the new season has been kicked. Anyone else feel the same?  Sad

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i have to say i am pretty underwhelmed with all the business we've done over the summer (apart from Amos), i know it's not really Lennons fault as he's had no money and he's done his best but i feel depressed even before the first ball of the new season has been kicked. Anyone else feel the same?  Sad

I think everyone is underwhelmed but realistic about the challenge Neil faces.
We have 40 players on the books as of now and most are journeymen or youngsters but I guess we were all hoping for a bit of quality despite knowing that we haven't money to buy.

It isn't over yet though. There's still time to get in a couple of loans or maybe even uncover a gem. Pisano may arrive and there are others Neil is chasing I've heard.

The potential downside is that we could get bullied into selling our assets like Clough and Kellett or Ream.

The other possibility is that Neil could transform what we have into a great team and motivate them to achieve above expectations although last season's results don't really suggest he can TBH.

I know the season starts in a matter of days, but the transfer window remains open so there's plenty of time to switch things around in many respects.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

after depressing me earlier you've now put a positive spin on things and cheered me up a bit, well done Lusty Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum