Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest

+19
boltonbonce
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
observer
xmiles
Bwfc1958
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Norpig
Jack Russell
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
scottjames30
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:On the bright side:
We created loads of chances
We deserved to win
Da Silva seems a good addition
Pisano still to make an appearance
We doubled our points tally for the season
Goal drought is finally over

On the dark side:
Clough had a stinker - again.
Madine couldn't hit a barn door
Conceding late was an inevitability

All is not lost - yet.

This just looks like an expanded version of Hipster's post.

42Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
wanderlust wrote:On the bright side:
We created loads of chances
We deserved to win
Da Silva seems a good addition
Pisano still to make an appearance
We doubled our points tally for the season
Goal drought is finally over

On the dark side:
Clough had a stinker - again.
Madine couldn't hit a barn door
Conceding late was an inevitability

All is not lost - yet.

This just looks like an expanded version of Hipster's post.

Yeah, Hipster is just more economical with the verbage. And doesn't include any positives.

43Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:09

And on the Gart side.....

....a big, fat, smug grin.

44Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:17

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Dougie is a shrewd manager. 1-1 or 0-1 to them.
What a great prediction HN!  Bravo!  Now make one in which we win.

45Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest

IN BRIEF

Stephen Dobbie’s first goal for the club earned Wanderers a deserved point in a 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest at Macron Stadium.

Following a goalless first period, Bolton were afforded the opportunity to open the scoring just three minutes after the restart as Zach Clough was fouled in the box, but Gary Madine saw his spot-kick saved by Dorus de Vries.

With ten minutes remaining however, David Vaughan fired home from distance to seemingly hand Forest victory, but the Whites were to have the last word as substitute Dobbie drilled home from the edge of the penalty area deep into stoppage time to earn the hosts a share of the spoils.

TEAM NEWS

It was a full debut for Wellington Silva following confirmation of his loan move to the club this week, while Tom Walker was also in from the off for Wanderers.

On the opposing side, Matt Mills lined up against his former employers for the first time since his departure from Macron Stadium earlier this summer.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers started brightly in the clash, with Gary Madine whipping a dangerous ball across the face of goal inside the opening two minutes.

The visitors however were soon on the front foot themselves, with Michail Antonio causing problems for the Whites at the back including seeing a snap-shot trickle narrowly wide of Ben Amos’ near post with seven minutes gone.

The game as a whole though was being played at quite a tepid pace as time passed inside the opening stages, with neither side really able to gain a foothold in the match.

Forest were the side enjoying the majority of the possession, although Wanderers came closest with 13 minutes gone as Dorian Dervite’s header from a Dean Moxey cross cleared the crossbar by a matter of inches.

Silva was certainly making himself known to both Forest and the home faithful as he enjoyed a couple of mazy runs early on, with the Brazilian only being dispossessed at the crucial moment both times.

Mark Davies was next to try his luck with a powerful run through the middle of the pitch after linking up well with Zach Clough, but his final product lacked direction and trickled wide of the mark.

Forest almost opened the scoring with 25 minutes gone as Antonio powered downfield before laying the ball off into the path of the advancing Ben Osborn, but Amos was on his guard to deny him from close range with Macron Stadium holding its collective breath.

The game continued in a similar end-to-end manner, although clear cut chances were few and far between in what was fast becoming a cagey encounter.

Dervite almost turned provider for Madine with 34 minutes gone as, after turning his man, he played the ball downfield, only to see it intercepted as it seemed destined to fall for the frontman.

As the clock ran down to half time, it was all Bolton with Dervite seeing yet another header fly wide of the goalmouth while a penalty shout was turned down for a foul on Madine in the area.

With two minutes of the half to go, Eric Lichaj was brandished a yellow card for a rash foul on Silva, with Walker’s resulting free-kick somehow eluding a number of Bolton bodies in the six yard box as the first period ended goalless.

SECOND HALF

The break saw the introduction of Liam Feeney in place of Walker, while with the half just three minutes old the Whites were handed the perfect opportunity to open the scoring from the penalty spot.

With Mills having fouled Clough in the box, Madine stepped up to take the spot kick, only to be denied by Dorus de Vries in the Forest goal and put his rebound header wide.

Buoyed by their goalkeeper’s heroics, the visitors proceeded to pepper the Bolton goal with Henri Lansbury’s free-kick deflecting narrowly wide of the mark shortly afterwards.

Up the other end however, Madine almost made amends for his penalty miss after shrugging off his man, only to see his cross hooked away at the death – a chance which appeared to breathe new life into the Whites following their spot-kick disappointment.

On the counter attack however, an unmarked Antonio almost made Bolton pay for committing men forward, only for his eventual shot to be tame and easily collectable by Amos while Tyler Walker saw his shot blocked at range.

With the game hitting the hour mark, Wanderers pushed men forward with Clough seeing his shot take the smallest of deflections to steer it off target with the goal at his mercy as Bolton grew in confidence with each passing attack.

Forest were finding themselves pushed further and further back, with Madine, Clough and Feeney at the forefront of the action, while on a rare move upfield, Antonio flashed a long range shot harmlessly over.

An injury to Prince with 15 minutes remaining brought a stoppage in play which neither side welcomed, while Danns received a booking for a supposed foul on Mills.

Out of nowhere however, Wanderers found themselves behind courtesy of a wonder strike from substitute David Vaughan with just ten minutes remaining.

Something out of nothing, Neil Lennon threw Emile Heskey into the mix as his side looked for a way back into the clash in place of Wellington, with the frontman seeing a header from six yards comfortably saved with three minutes to go.

With the full 90 up, five minutes of additional time were indicated to give Wanderers one final throw of the dice in their bid to rescue something from the game with Stephen Dobbie thrown upfront.

Forest were standing firm, but out of nowhere Bolton were given their deserved equaliser through substitute Dobbie who slammed home from just outside the box to send Macron Stadium into raptures and earn the home side a share of the spoils.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

46Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deserved a draw at the very least.

On the plus side the defence was pretty good, on the negative side the attacking play is fooking awful. Madine and Clough are out of their depth at this level and Lennon needs to wise up to that fact immediately. For all the good things written about Clough he is playing just like the lightweight ponce I said he would be.

Lennon out.

47Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 17:48

Don't need a behind enemy lines for this match just go on JA606 and read the match thread. I don't think they like Dobbie and like Freedman even less.

We didn't deserve to lose today, only way either team was going to score was through a mistake or with a long range strike.

We looked pretty good defensively, knew Madine would miss that penalty, Clough was poor again.

48Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 18:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Showed great character to actually earn something after going down. Heads cpuld have easily dropped after the penalty miss. Madine needs fucking off quick time, we'd be in the top 6 with someone that knew how to score

49Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 18:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What a thoroughly bloody awful football side Forest are. Absolute epitome of Freedman - negative as hell and not even well organised defensively. We could have won that match comfortably with a bit more attacking quality.

I'm not normally one to complain after somebody misses a penalty that he shouldn't have been taking it in the first place, but I had no confidence in Madine from the minute he stepped up. I think there were at least three players that were better shouts, and to be honest it was a pathetic penalty that any striker should be ashamed of.

Dobbie's obviously an underwhelming signing but fair play to the guy, it's nice to see a striker put his foot through a ball for once instead of tryna walk it in.

50Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 18:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read our play was great today, way the better team, like my wing man boggers said, if we had a good striker we would've scored 3 or 4.

Their goal was a wonder goal, 25 yard top corner job, ill have to watch it on match of the day or C5 as its called these days.

We'll batter Blackburn .

51Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a win at blackburn if we are to keep pace with the top sides

52Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's on Sky. The whole country will be glued to it.

53Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 19:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we looked solid at the back and the back 4 as a unit played well, the problems are further forward. Danns was poor and is like a headless chicken, the sooner Pratley if fit the better.

Silva showed some skill but tired late on and Madine for all the slagging he gets did, well as a target man, we need a poacher to play off him. Although why he took the penalty is a mystery to me, surely it should have been Clough or Mavies?

My last word goes to our old friend Dougie, granted they scored a great goal but he did what he did every week for us and took off the strikers and put on defenders and tried to defend a 1-0 lead and of course it went tits up. The clown has learned nothing from his time at Bolton and will never change.

54Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 22:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Penalty from Madine, fucking awful, never ever let him take another.

55Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 22:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We need a win at blackburn if we are to keep pace with the top sides
Agree, a win at Blackburn would Change the whole season.

56Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sat Aug 22 2015, 22:31

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A win at Blackurn and two home games after

W'ell shit um  Cool

57Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sun Aug 23 2015, 00:13

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm beginning to think calling Gary Madine "The Goal Machine" may have been just a tad bit overly-enthusiastic.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

58Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sun Aug 23 2015, 00:21

Keegan wrote:I'm beginning to think calling Gary Madine "The Goal Machine" may have been just a tad bit overly-enthusiastic.

I'm going with "Gary Madine - He's fucking shit!"

It doesn't rhyme, nor does it scan that well.

But it's an accurate appraisal of his abilities, so I'm ok with it.

59Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sun Aug 23 2015, 00:52

Just seen Madine's penalty on some new channel called Spike which I never knew I had.

(Hope I'm not paying extra for it.)

What a shit penalty!

It was saved by someone called Doris for fuck's sake.......

At the risk of sounding smug now, I said we shouldn't have signed the useless, Rylan Clark-looking, bar brawl-starting, porridge-eating, generally useless twat bastard months ago.

Fuck off, Gaz!

Yeah, go and Tweet that!

#I'maknobwhoisstealingalivingasaproffesionalfootballerbecausei'mshit.

60Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Nottingham Forest Sun Aug 23 2015, 03:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The trouble is that us Bolton fans - rightly or wrongly - are still in the frame of mind that any striker that signs for our great club should be Premiership quality, or top 6 Championship quality at worst.

Gary Madine has never been anything more than an average (statistically well below average) player at this level, yet I think some people would think that to get less than 10 goals out of him this season would be a disappointment. Personally, I think we're looking at about 6.

But I actually get 100% why Lennon brought him in, which I think is a sad reflection of what a poor place the club is in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum