Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss.

+5
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
gloswhite
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 00:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's resigned.

2Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 00:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shit the bed.

3Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 10:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Where's he off to then?

4Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 10:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nothing official about him leaving yet - but Villa are interested in him.

Anyway if he goes - Coyle to Norwich

(I've got my fingers crossed!)

5Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 10:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good 'un Sluffy, and then we can have Pep Guardiola. (fat chance of either I reckon Sad )

6Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 11:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry my source for this was "the sun" last night.

they said he'd "stormed out" and "quit"

he will be talking with Villa today however.

7Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 12:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norwich refused to let him talk to the Villa board so he has walked out. Bad move in my opinion.

8Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 12:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Villa doesn't strike me as a club that is going places to be honest, I am surprised he wants to speak to Villa that badly.

It doesn't look good on him though for future refrences, if he doesn't get his own way he just walks out.

9Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 12:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Nothing official about him leaving yet - but Villa are interested in him.

Anyway if he goes - Coyle to Norwich

(I've got my fingers crossed!)

Even if it happened we would only get McLeish instead. Crying or Very sad

10Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 12:26

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:Villa doesn't strike me as a club that is going places to be honest, I am surprised he wants to speak to Villa that badly.

It doesn't look good on him though for future refrences, if he doesn't get his own way he just walks out.

Didn't Mark Hughes do the same thing to Fulham last season, thinking he was gonna get the Villa job?

11Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 12:40

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Numpty 28723 wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:Villa doesn't strike me as a club that is going places to be honest, I am surprised he wants to speak to Villa that badly.

Didn't Mark Hughes do the same thing to Fulham last season, thinking he was gonna get the Villa job?

I think Hughes thought he was too big for Fulham and as soon as he heard villa ''could'' be interested he didn't look twice and left.

I don't know the full story to the Lambert and Norwich situation but unless you know you are assured of a job there is no way you would walk out of a job.

12Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 14:14

I think it's a good move for him if he makes it, villa are a huge club, if they can get it right there they could be very successful; need a bit of investment first though.

Think villas a good stepping stone for him before going up to an elite club. Bigger fan base, better infrastructure and better resources than Norwich I think he'll do well there.

13Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Thu May 31 2012, 16:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norwich manager Paul Lambert has offered his resignation amid interest from Aston Villa.

But City are not accepting his offer whilst talks with Villa are ongoing.

A statement said: "The club regrets to confirm that Paul Lambert has offered his resignation from his position as Norwich City manager.

"We have fought hard to keep Paul at Norwich City and have not accepted his resignation whilst discussions with another club are taking place."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18285404

14Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Sat Jun 02 2012, 17:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Aston Villa have confirmed that Norwich boss Paul Lambert is their new manager.

The 42-year-old succeeds his fellow Scot Alex McLeish, who was sacked the day after the final game of the season.

Lambert, who becomes Villa's fourth boss in less than two years, guided the Canaries to back-to-back promotions from League One before finishing 12th in last season's Premier League.

A Villa statement said: "The board are delighted to confirm that Paul Lambert has been appointed manager."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18307066

15Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Sat Jun 02 2012, 17:55

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Clearly he walked out/tried to resign to avoid Villa having to pay Norwich compensation.

16Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Empty Re: Paul Lambert - New Villa Boss. Sat Jun 02 2012, 18:17

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Plenty of form has the sour faced Jock.

He reminds me of another. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum