Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rob Hall

+5
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
Boggersbelief
Copper Dragon
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rob Hall Empty Rob Hall Tue Sep 15 2015, 23:24

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

By far the best MK Dons player in the first half tonight, but he faded a bit in the second half.

A right tricky beggar.

Do you have better wide players than him at the moment?

Is he a lightweight ponce?

2Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Tue Sep 15 2015, 23:46

Decent player, had it not been for the ludicrous fees we had to pay for every appearance would have been worth hanging on to.

3Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Tue Sep 15 2015, 23:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cocky little gangster wannabe bastard. Has potential but then so did Marvin Sordell, Ravel Morrison and Ricardo vaz te.

His play has only benefitted since he moved back down there closer to his mummy

4Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Tue Sep 15 2015, 23:58

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Agree with both of the above.

5Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 00:02

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Has potential but then so did Marvin Sordell

Sordell scored the winner for Colchester tonight.

Yes, I thought that would make you stand up and take notice.

6Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 00:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His shot only hit the target due to a massive deflection

7Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 08:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a white shirt. Utter, utter garbage.

8Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 08:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sordell was possibly the second most disappointing signing we've ever made if only because he played so well for England - and then did absolutely nothing for us.

Hall is one of many who haven't fulfilled their potential, but Sordell actually did fulfill his at the Olympics - and then was never given that role for us and never played as well again.

9Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 08:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's at a club with a brighter future than we have right now. 

He's not that good though I think he could be a decent player at this level though.

10Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 10:40

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Sordell was possibly the second most disappointing signing we've ever made if only because he played so well for England - and then did absolutely nothing for us.

Hall is one of many who haven't fulfilled their potential, but Sordell actually did fulfill his at the Olympics - and then was never given that role for us and never played as well again.

Interesting to know who the worst was?
Several candidates spring to mind.
I hope it wasn't Elmander though

11Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 11:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I still feel Sordell might have turned out a lot better for us if he hadn't been "managed" by that numpty Coyle. WTF did he buy him for if he wasn't going to play him?

I also think Ngog was worse than Elmander.

And finally for the oldies on here my nomination for most disappointing signing is Len Cantello.

12Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 11:12

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

xmiles wrote:I still feel Sordell might have turned out a lot better for us if he hadn't been "managed" by that numpty Coyle. WTF did he buy him for if he wasn't going to play him?

I also think Ngog was worse than Elmander.

And finally for the oldies on here my nomination for most disappointing signing is Len Cantello.
Cantello was disappointing but in his defense he played all his WBA career as an attacking midfielder. At Bolton our management decided to play him as a defensive midfielder! Wonder if this contributed to his demise?

13Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 14:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Sordell was possibly the second most disappointing signing we've ever made if only because he played so well for England - and then did absolutely nothing for us.

Interesting to know who the worst was?
Several candidates spring to mind.
I hope it wasn't Elmander though

No it wasn't Elmander. Elmander was a disappointment to many because he was a winger who had been billed as a striker and the hype was bullshit so he never stood a chance. That said he didn't do anywhere near as well as I'd hoped and he was a shit when it came to seeing out his contract. That twinkle toes goal redeemed him a bit though.

The worst signing IMO was the guy who had scored more goals than anyone else in the world and had done so in several leagues. A goal machine we could really have expected a lot from given his superb goalscoring record.
Can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was to see this fat bloke struggling to get anywhere near the ball, never mind anywhere near the goal.
It was the one and only Super Mario.

TBF Len Cantello wasn't far behind in the hype v reality stakes.

BTW best signing IMO was the Scandinavian midfielder/telly pundit from Liverpool who never played for us after we were gazumped by City. Half a million quid for nowt, thank you very much.

14Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 14:58

Elmander was never a winger, he was a second striker though (maybe I'm being petty?).

Even so, he was the most disappointing signing for me because he cost a record fee and despite needing to replace Anelkas' goals we got a link up player - one never worth that valuation either.

Megson even said upon signing him we shouldn't expect a load of goals from him, the absolute imbecile. Seeing Bolton fans praise Megson as being good in the transfer market is ludicrous, he wasted our best chance at bolstering the squad for years to come.

15Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Elmander was never a winger, he was a second striker though (maybe I'm being petty?).

Even so, he was the most disappointing signing for me because he cost a record fee and despite needing to replace Anelkas' goals we got a link up player - one never worth that valuation either.

Megson even said upon signing him we shouldn't expect a load of goals from him, the absolute imbecile. Seeing Bolton fans praise Megson as being good in the transfer market is ludicrous, he wasted our best chance at bolstering the squad for years to come.

I'm guessing you were one of the people that expected him to be a striker even though he spent his career with Feyenoord and Brondby playing in midfield and occasionally dropping into what is best described as the old inside forward position. Sure he was a striker in the Swedish league when he was a young teenager, but he'd been worked out by the time he was 18 and at the higher levels he was always used as a creative midfielder/playmaker. For me he was always going to be a 1 goal in 5 player and so it turned out. Always worked hard for the team and the lad could pass, seldom giving up possession, but the striker tag spoiled his time with us as his actual skills and performances weren't always appreciated.
And rather than get an out and out striker to replace Anelka, Elmander probably suited Megson's defensive (and boring) mindset better so personally I reckon Megson was responsible for Elmander's unpopularity.

16Rob Hall Empty Re: Rob Hall Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:06

No I was expecting him to be the second striker as he was played at Toulouse, definitely not the goalscorer we needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum