Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clough out for season

+6
okocha
wanderlust
Norpig
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Chairmanda
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clough out for season Empty Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 12:52

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

if twitter is to be believed, Clough has dislocated his shoulder, may require an op, and probably out all season. Bum.

2Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 12:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What?! affraid

3Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 12:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

:facepalm:

4Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 13:03

it's going to be a tough season unless we can replace him.  i know Clayton is due back but i was hoping he would play alongside clough,

5Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 13:08

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

now in the main paper,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 13:09

Chairmanda wrote:now in the main toilet paper,

fixed that for you

7Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bad news again, i heard it was the other shoulder this time, this is going to be a recurring problem throughout his career i would guess.

Clayton coming back is good news but we definitely need a striker in the loan window

8Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 13:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zach Clough faces surgery on shoulder after Sheffield Wednesday blow

Zach Clough faces “a long time” out of action after dislocating his shoulder in tonight’s 0-0 draw against Sheffield Wednesday.

The Wanderers striker was chopped down by Sam Hutchinson midway through the second half at the Macron Stadium and could now require surgery.

Neil Lennon confirmed that the 20-year-old would be out of action for an extended spell, although the exact diagnosis will not be known until scans are completed later this week.

But the Wanderers boss was upset with some of Wednesday's physicality in the second half, not least the lunge from Hutchinson which looks to have deprived him of one of his star players.

“It’s a massive blow for Zach because he was showing glimpses again of getting back to his best,” he told The Bolton News. “It was fairly innocuous, it was a foul, and I do think Sheffield Wednesday got a bit agricultural in the second half.

“I’m disappointed with some of the decisions of the referee, especially the one where he blew up when Zach was through on goal. It was a crazy decision.

“But we know that Zach is out for a long time. His shoulder has popped out and it might require surgery now.”

Lennon was pleased with his side’s performance in general but admitted that the Whites lacked a cutting edge – which has only been dulled further with the loss of Clough.

“On the balance of play a draw is probably a fair result,” he said.

“They had good chances, we had good chances but I thought we were stronger in the second half.

“We’ve been great at home and you can’t disrespect Sheffield Wednesday, they’ve spent a bit of money.

“They have quality and the likes of Fernando Forestieri and Barry Bannan don’t come cheap.

“We matched them for most of the game. We need more quality in the final third but we defended very well, like tigers at times. The two centre-halves were terrific.”

9Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 14:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Lennon himself puts it, ZC "was showing glimpses again of getting back to his best" which in any language means he wasn't playing well anyway - and that, allied to Madine's poor form is reflected in our goals scored column.

We needed them both to be at their best (they haven't been) OR we need a radical rethink as to how we're going to score goals so I guess now it's time for the latter.

Clayton will provide one option but I doubt his return will make much difference without a change to the system. I reckon Pratley will have a bigger influence when he comes back.

It's a helluva problem in our financial situation but if Neil is brave enough to try something radical like playing Feeney down the middle (where his pace and randomness could produce results and his shit crossing becomes irrelevant) or packing the front six with ball players, we might get something positive out of this mess.
What we do know is that the "conventional" approach he's taken so far hasn't really worked when it comes to getting goals, so a bit of experimentation wouldn't go amiss IMO.

10Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 14:26

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good idea, Wander :agree:

11Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:10

He's like Nicky Hunt, he dislocated his shoulder if he chested the ball.

12Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't diss Hunt, he should have been our captain for the last 10 years.

13Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:32

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The curse of Luke Shaw, the red bastards hate us.

Fuckoff J.Evans.

14Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 17:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cloughs out for 3 months not the season

15Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 23:16

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Nolan?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

16Clough out for season Empty Re: Clough out for season Wed Sep 16 2015, 23:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

at least Nolan knows how to find the back of the net, not sure how we can pay him though. Will he accept a years supply of Carrs pasties instead?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum