Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

i'd have got less for Murder

+2
rammywhite
Norpig
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1i'd have got less for Murder Empty i'd have got less for Murder Fri Oct 16 2015, 08:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On this day 20 years ago i started work in the Hospital Pharmacy at the MRI and i'm still here  Shocked . i don't know whether to laugh, cry or celebrate

I haven't done the same job for 20 years, i started at the bottom and worked my way up to a decent level but 20 years is a long time to work at the same place and to be honest i will probably be here till i retire which will mean i will have been here 40+ years by then.

What's the longest you have worked at the same place and also what's the shortest?

2i'd have got less for Murder Empty Re: i'd have got less for Murder Fri Oct 16 2015, 08:43

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Shortest was 6 weeks- conned at the interview and walked out eventually.
Longest is 18 years and didn't want to leave but a change of management meant that  there was no common ground or understanding, so I moved on to a far better job where I've now been employed for 16 years.

3i'd have got less for Murder Empty Re: i'd have got less for Murder Fri Oct 16 2015, 09:20

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

The shortest time spent at one place is probably a couple of months. I used to work in factories as a window fabricator and although I've met some very good people and had many laughs along the way it was just depressing when the alarm went off in the morning signalling another mind numbing ten hours in a job I didn't enjoy. I lost count of how many different window making companies I worked for. I always got fed up being in one place for too long. 

The job I have now is the job I've held down and stuck at the longest. I deliver furniture all over the north west and being out and about suits me down to the ground. Every day is meeting different people and going to different places. I've probably arrived at the front doors of some of the strangest creeps, freaks and weirdos the north west has to offer and conversely some of the nicest. It's no coincidence I've had his job the longest because I enjoy it the most. I like variety.

A couple of months ago, I encountered three very different types all in the space of two hours.

The first one was a bloke in Tyldesley who had ordered a bed that wouldn't fit up his staircase and into the bedroom and he gave me a shed load of abuse because it was apparently my fault he ordered a massive bed for his pokey little house. I was exceptionally close to chinning this chap but kept my cool for the sake of staying in a job I actually liked for once.

The next one ordered a big sofabed but hadn't counted on the positioning of his stairs. We tried and tried but there was no way this bastard was going upstairs. The bloke disappeared into his garage for five minutes and reappeared with a big saw and proceeded to hack away at the wooden handrail/bannister at the bottom of the stairs much to his wifes dismay. She made it clear, much to my amusement, that she would have his balls on a platter if his mini demolition of the house didn't go to plan.

The third was a lovely couple who gave me a nice big tip for doing not much at all really. 

I would rather do the job I'm doing now than have a higher paid job I hate. I'm happy, and that's what matters to me.

4i'd have got less for Murder Empty Re: i'd have got less for Murder Fri Oct 16 2015, 10:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shortest was six months and longest was 30 years. The job I did for 30 years I would happily have done for another 5 but I took the opportunity to take the early knock because I fancied a change of direction. I have now been self employed since 2008 but if I had my time over again I would have stayed at my previous job.

5i'd have got less for Murder Empty Re: i'd have got less for Murder Fri Oct 16 2015, 22:16

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Norpig. You only get one life. The grass is greener. Get out now. Give your notice in this week and take a chance on life!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

6i'd have got less for Murder Empty Re: i'd have got less for Murder Fri Oct 16 2015, 22:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie, it's not as easy as you make out when you probably have a mortgage to pay, bills and the need to feed your family! Shocked

I do understand what you are saying though. Smile

7i'd have got less for Murder Empty Re: i'd have got less for Murder Sat Oct 17 2015, 09:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Norpig. You only get one life. The grass is greener. Get out now. Give your notice in this week and take a chance on life!
 i'm not saying i hate my job, it's not the most exciting thing in the world but it pays fairly well and as KP says it pays my bills, can't complain too much to be honest.

Just felt weird being in the same place for 20 years  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum