Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Six, Four, Two or SFA?

+2
Norpig
wanderlust
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 09:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"I will turn this around" says Neil as he targets 6 points from our home games against Birmingham and Leeds. And then suggests 4 would be OK.
All this before our bottom of the table clash away at Preston.

Struggling to see it. I watched a rerun of Leeds v Brighton and frankly Leeds did enough to win it 3 times over had Chris Woods not had a really bad day at the office. New manager to impress so they're going to be tough and they have some quality players who are likely to dominate our midfield. Birmingham are even more dangerous, so two questions immediately spring to mind:
- how many points (if any) will we get this week?
- where will that leave Neil? 

As it stands, I'm thinking we'll get SFA and Neil will be under the cosh but I'd love to hear the case for us getting at least something out of either game.

2Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 10:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we ideally need all 6 but thats just me hoping. A point tonight and 3 on Saturday would keep the wolves at bay for now.

If we do get diddly squat then the pressure is going to mount severely but i think the fans will turn on Gartside again before they do on Lennon

3Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 10:42

wanderlust wrote:"I will turn this around" says Neil as he targets 6 points from our home games against Birmingham and Leeds. And then suggests 4 would be OK.
All this before our bottom of the table clash away at Preston.

Struggling to see it. I watched a rerun of Leeds v Brighton and frankly Leeds did enough to win it 3 times over had Chris Woods not had a really bad day at the office. New manager to impress so they're going to be tough and they have some quality players who are likely to dominate our midfield. Birmingham are even more dangerous, so two questions immediately spring to mind:
- how many points (if any) will we get this week?
- where will that leave Neil? 

As it stands, I'm thinking we'll get SFA and Neil will be under the cosh but I'd love to hear the case for us getting at least something out of either game.

You're overplaying how good Birmingham are in particular, they're a well organised unit - which is the minimum we should be - and they have a good focal point in Donaldson. The only real quality they have though is in Gray who's still very raw and runs hot and cold.

We need minimum of 4 points from these 2 games and I'm hoping to see Prince, Mavies and Clayton restored to the starting line up tonight.

4Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's a case '74 but we mustn't lose sight of the fact that Brum are 4th with 21 points (or joint second if you just look at the points) so they are no pushovers.

5Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 11:00

No they're no pushovers at all, but that's a credit to Rowett for getting them organised and playing as a team. You can go a long way in this league with organisation and work rate alone that's why whilst Lennon's financial constraints make the job tough it is by no means impossible. As I'm sure he would agree.

6Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 11:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll lose tonight and draw against Leeds.

Lennon out.

7Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 11:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 defeats and I'm afraid questions need to asked about Lennon. 

I think 4 points would be an OK haul. Simply avoiding defeat at this point is a bonus.

8Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Tue Oct 20 2015, 12:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:... that's a credit to Rowett for getting them organised and playing as a team. You can go a long way in this league with organisation and work rate alone 

Totally agree with this sentiment and I honestly thought that's what Lennon would achieve with this squad at the beginning of the season but so far it hasn't materialised.

We regularly question the quality of our players to do such a job and with good reason. After all, Brum's team is littered with journeymen like Grounds, Caddis, Gleeson, Davis - not exactly stellar names but grafters who can do a job in a tight system and Clayton Donaldson whose peak was probably with York, Brentford, and Hibs - but he knows where the net is.

I just feel that our midfielders with the possible exception of Pratley, are neither grafters who can put the miles in nor finishers who can add to the goal tally - which is why our defence gets exposed and why we don't score enough IMFHO.

In Lennon's position I'd be packing the midfield with our best athletes and giving them a box to box agenda and replacing the donkeys up front with our best finishers - including the as yet untried Samazideh. Got to be worth a shot.

9Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Wed Oct 21 2015, 10:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Which idiot omitted the 3 option?

Not that I think it will come into play......

10Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Sat Oct 24 2015, 16:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope it was the 1 option that was needed as it turned out. What that means for our come back I'm not sure. Maybe Prince will appeal the red and the sicknotes will throw away their crutches.

11Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Sat Oct 24 2015, 17:16

Still a long way to go and a lot of football to be played yet.

Just got this nagging feeling that it'll unfortunately be the opposition playing most of it.

12Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Sat Oct 24 2015, 17:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The good news is that Ameobi scored. I didn't get a sense of how well he played but at least he is off the mark already.

13Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Sat Oct 24 2015, 18:12

finlaymcdanger wrote:The good news is that Ameobi scored. I didn't get a sense of how well he played but at least he is off the mark already.

He played really well, faded badly in the 2nd half due to lack of match fitness.

14Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Sat Oct 24 2015, 18:27

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Shit match between two shit teams.
Lennon is completely out of his depth with the bunch of passionless and lazy players that a good shop at Poundland has left him. I'd walk and leave the cancer of the gartside to get on with it if I was him. Fortunately I think he's too daft to do that and he'll finish up getting potted and the festering will get worse.

15Six, Four, Two or SFA? Empty Re: Six, Four, Two or SFA? Sun Oct 25 2015, 12:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought it was an improvement.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum