Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Women's tennis

+3
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Women's tennis Empty Women's tennis Sun Jun 03 2012, 20:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think it's criminal that they get the same prize money as men, and not just for the simple reason that they play less tennis.

Basically, the women's game is on it's arse! Have you noticed that for the last 8+/- years, the number one seed at Wimbledon is usually the number 20- seed the following year? It's not often these days that the top seed comes near to winning a grand slam which is just an indication of the lack of any great players in the game.

2Women's tennis Empty Re: Women's tennis Sun Jun 03 2012, 20:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually prefer womans tennis, and no not just because it's full of fit women, it's the unpredictability of it.

sure it isn't quite such a marathon as mens tennis but not being a tennis fan per se i'd rather not watch a 4 hour match i want an hour or so i can dip in and see the whole lot.

3Women's tennis Empty Re: Women's tennis Sun Jun 03 2012, 20:44

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

At least the Williams brothers aren't winning everything any more.

4Women's tennis Empty Re: Women's tennis Sun Jun 03 2012, 23:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I think it's criminal that they get the same prize money as men, and not just for the simple reason that they play less tennis.

Basically, the women's game is on it's arse! Have you noticed that for the last 8+/- years, the number one seed at Wimbledon is usually the number 20- seed the following year? It's not often these days that the top seed comes near to winning a grand slam which is just an indication of the lack of any great players in the game.

Doffcocker you bellend, you're basically slagging off womens tennis for being unpredictable.

I preferred you when you were a teenager.

5Women's tennis Empty Re: Women's tennis Mon Jun 04 2012, 07:23

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

All that stupid grunting, which is deliberate, makes the women's game impossible to watch for me.

The men don't grunt and their quality is much higher which makes for a more enjoyable game to watch.

What about women's football. Not good but we are always told it's much better than we think. No it isn't, we can see how crap it is in front of our eyes.

6Women's tennis Empty Re: Women's tennis Mon Jun 04 2012, 08:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Whatever happened to equal pay for equal work?

7Women's tennis Empty Re: Women's tennis Mon Jun 04 2012, 08:40

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I love women's tennis. I think its a decent sport to watch, its not all about the serve in women's tennis. So many men tennis players are only good because they have a fantastic serve.
There are some really gorgeous women tennis players, I think Ana Ivanovic is stunning, seeing her in those nice outfits showing off her great body is fantastic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum