Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » speeding

speeding

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1speeding Empty speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 20:54

Guest


Guest
So two days before i finished with my last company i got clocked by one of them vans with a camera hanging out of its arse. 37 in a 30.

Almost 40000 miles in a year and i get done in urmston.

Anyone know what I'm looking at?  I'm praying for a drivers awareness course but I'm not that lucky

2speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 20:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My mate got a fine and 3 points.

3speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 20:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Option, three points or a d.a.c.

4speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:02

Guest


Guest
I hope i get the DAC.

So annoyed. I never speed but id just come off the round about and some bellend was parked in the yellow markings blocking the traffic. I'm not making excuses. I got caught and hold my hands up. I got annoyed put my foot down for 20 seconds and got caught.


Idiot

5speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can't see them being too hard on you for that.

6speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@y2johnny wrote:So two days before i finished with my last company i got clocked by one of them vans with a camera hanging out of its arse. 37 in a 30.

Almost 40000 miles in a year and i get done in urmston.

Anyone know what I'm looking at?  I'm praying for a drivers awareness course but I'm not that lucky

You might not have got done, they often only do people doing 10mph+ over the limit.

7speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:08

Guest


Guest
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@y2johnny wrote:So two days before i finished with my last company i got clocked by one of them vans with a camera hanging out of its arse. 37 in a 30.

Almost 40000 miles in a year and i get done in urmston.

Anyone know what I'm looking at?  I'm praying for a drivers awareness course but I'm not that lucky

You might not have got done, they often only do people doing 10mph+ over the limit.

I got a letter from my old employer. They even charged me an extra fifteen quid admin fees for forwarding them my details. I got expelled on my birthday so will probably get the official letter tomorrow

8speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:08

Guest


Guest
@scottjames30 wrote:I can't see them being too hard on you for that.

I'll be happy with the DAC. can't be arsed with the hassle of 3 points and bumping up my insurance.

9speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@y2johnny wrote:
@scottjames30 wrote:I can't see them being too hard on you for that.

I'll be happy with the DAC. can't be arsed with the hassle of 3 points and bumping up my insurance.

Probably be a small fine and a dac, everybody drives above the speed limit, it wasn't like you was doing 50 in a 30.

10speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:12

Guest


Guest
Fingers crossed

Had anyone done a DAC? So i know what to expect

11speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@y2johnny wrote:
I got a letter from my old employer. They even charged me an extra fifteen quid admin fees for forwarding them my details. I got expelled on my birthday so will probably get the official letter tomorrow

So it was a company car then? Deny it was you.

12speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:14

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yes I've done an awareness course just a load of bollox for half a day.  You basically just need to turn up.

13speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:15

Guest


Guest
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@y2johnny wrote:
I got a letter from my old employer. They even charged me an extra fifteen quid admin fees for forwarding them my details. I got expelled on my birthday so will probably get the official letter tomorrow

So it was a company car then? Deny it was you.

They will have a pic. Like i said im not that lucky Smile

14speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:15

Guest


Guest
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Yes I've done an awareness course just a load of bollox for half a day.  You basically just need to turn up.

I should be able to manage that. No test or anything?

15speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@y2johnny wrote:

They will have a pic.  Like i said im not that lucky Smile

They won't have a pic, this isn't American tv.

The police can only chase the registered keeper of the car.

Tell 'em to fuck off and sit tight.

16speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 21:23

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No test.  Just listening to someone telling you why you shouldn't speed.  A few video clips, a brew, maybe a little group discussion.  And that's it

17speeding Empty Re: speeding on Fri Oct 30 2015, 23:08

Guest


Guest
http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t10456-speed-awareness-con-sorry-course

Pitch up, smile, drink the coffee, do the quiz, ignore Saj from Astley Bridge who seems determined to argue the toss with the instructors about pretty much everything and keeps telling everyone what a brilliant driver he is "'cos he's been drivin' a 5 litre Beemer wiv nitro and shit since he was 17 and he could take that Hamilton fella, innit?" and enjoy the experience.

(I followed Saj out into the Bolton Arena car park after the course and he got in a 1.1 Fiesta.)

I actually learnt something interesting about why the round speed signs you see at the side of the road are the size they are depending on whereabouts they are but I've forgotten it now but it registered as a good fact at the time.)

And it saves you getting the points.

18speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 09:15

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
I've just been done on the East Lancs doing 55 in a 40 zone. I'm not eligible for the course because the cut off point was 53 mph. If you speed in a 30 zone you are eligible for an awareness course up to 42 mph, anything above that is a fine and points.

19speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 21:26

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
The cut off point is 10% of limit plus 9mph if you are photo genic.
Done 5 to date so I'm a bit of a spert!!
I'm different to most drivers though, I'm shit at it and I know it.
1874 pm'd me and said he was a good driver cos a guy from silcocks told him!

20speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 21:28

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Breadman wrote:http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t10456-speed-awareness-con-sorry-course

Pitch up, smile, drink the coffee, do the quiz, ignore Saj from Astley Bridge who seems determined to argue the toss with the instructors about pretty much everything and keeps telling everyone what a brilliant driver he is "'cos he's been drivin' a 5 litre Beemer wiv nitro and shit since he was 17 and he could take that Hamilton fella, innit?" and enjoy the experience.

(I followed Saj out into the Bolton Arena car park after the course and he got in a 1.1 Fiesta.)

I actually learnt something interesting about why the round speed signs you see at the side of the road are the size they are depending on whereabouts they are but I've forgotten it now but it registered as a good fact at the time.)

And it saves you getting the points.

Did they tell you which sign is universal and why it's shaped as it is?
As an aside do you know the right way to wear a poppy?

21speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Have any of you that have been done for speeding ever thought to slow down a bit to save lives and shit? 

Just a thought!

22speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:32

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@karlypants wrote:Have any of you that have been done for speeding ever thought to slow down a bit to save lives and shit? 

Just a thought!
Piss off kp. You'll be telling me I shouldn't drive after 10 pints and that I should make my children wear seat belts next. Bloody do gooders!  Very Happy

23speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 22:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@karlypants wrote:Have any of you that have been done for speeding ever thought to slow down a bit to save lives and shit? 

Just a thought!
Piss off kp. You'll be telling me I shouldn't drive after 10 pints and that I should make my children wear seat belts next. Bloody do gooders!  Very Happy
lol!

24speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:15

Guest


Guest
@karlypants wrote:Have any of you that have been done for speeding ever thought to slow down a bit to save lives and shit? 

Just a thought!

I very very rarely speed and i hold my hands up. Im annoyed with myself. No one else

25speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You I'm karlypants wrote:Have any of you that have been done for speeding ever thought to slow down a bit to save lives and shit? 

Just a thought!
No.  The faster I drive the faster I get there!  On a serious note does anyone actually stick to the speed limit?  Do you?

26speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:38

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
30mph just seems so damn slow. I very rarely stick to the actual speed limit if I'm being honest. I don't go tearing through residential areas at 70mph or anything but I do tend to drive a little over the limit where I think it's safe to do so.

27speeding Empty Re: speeding on Sun Nov 01 2015, 08:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I got done on the Grane road (heading from Rammy to the M65) a couple of years ago- doing 47 in a 40 and was offered the course as I was under 10mph over the limit.
The course itself cost £60 and was a complete waste of time- run by two scousers who thought that they were a typical scouse double act.

But it saved the three points on the licence. But when I was renewing the insurance the company  rang me up and asked me if I had accrued ay motoring offences during the year- including attendance at a drivers awareness course.
They said they took this as a speeding offence and bumped up the premium anyway. So be careful of who you insure with!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum