Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

League 1- it's looming

+9
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
FullofSprite
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1League 1- it's looming Empty League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 09:25

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

At the beginning of this season mid table looked the more likely outcome for the club, but the situation has deteriorated so much that relegation is now a strong probability, and it's getting more likely by the day.
But what's your reaction?
At first I imagine it will be despondency, anger that its been allowed to happen but we'd get used to the idea fairly soon
But what will you do if it happens?

Me-I'll buy my season ticket as I have for years now, turn up to a near empty stadium(if we still have one) and continue to support them.. I'd like to think I won't- but its like a tattoo or a birth mark -something that I can't shrug off lightly.

I'll still be going, full of hope and optimism.

Will you?

2League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 09:36

This may sound counter intuitive now and slightly perverse, but if (when) we go down, I may well actually be tempted to buy a season ticket and start attending games again.

The is one big caveat though - it would have to be under new ownership.

A big part of why I stopped going was my belief that the club was being run by people who were in it for their own ends and who saw us fans as nothing more than cash cows to be milked for everything we could give.

Remove ED and Gartside from the picture and I would be happy to start putting my money back into the club.

I don't care what division we're in because I'm long in the tooth enough to remember the dark days of the mid 80's and it was still enjoyable (to a point) because expectation levels were realistic and there was no pressure.

If we won, we won. And then went and celebrated by getting drunk.

If we lost, we went and licked our wounds and got drunk.

Same end product and it was fun.

I can remember the days before Sky flooded English football with their money and I honestly enjoyed it all a lot more back then.

Yes, the European adventure was great and I loved it but it created a false sense of expectation which was never sustainable for a club like ours and we're now paying the price.

So bring on League One - it holds no fears for me and I might actually cheer up a bit and start enjoying my football again.

3League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 10:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pretty much the same for me as well. Just like Rammy says, I will renew my ST as usual. we did have some grand away trips in the lower leagues back then.

4League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 11:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Pretty much the same for me as well. Just like Rammy says, I will renew my ST as usual. we did have some grand away trips in the lower leagues back then.

It's a lemming mentality.

5League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 11:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Pretty much the same for me as well. Just like Rammy says, I will renew my ST as usual. we did have some grand away trips in the lower leagues back then.

It's a lemming mentality.

Thanks Nat- you never fail to acquaint us with your opinion and rise to the occasion. You might well be right here though,

6League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We all know there are better things to do than watch BWFC on a Saturday afternoon. When we get to the game we instantly regret it. When we get home we moan about it for the rest of the weekend.

Why do we choose to do it? Idiots.

7League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 12:05

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We all know there are better things to do than watch BWFC on a Saturday afternoon. When we get to the game we instantly regret it. When we get home we moan about it for the rest of the weekend.

But it's part of the human condition to really enjoy a good moan.
I sit in the East Stand Upper, holding my head in my hands,complaining right left and centre about the amateurish quality of what's on display- and its quite enjoyable.
I never regret going- and when we're battling the Mighty Mansfield and the Southend stalwarts-I'll still be there moaning and enjoying it.
Perhaps I need psychiatric help

8League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 12:11

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:We all know there are better things to do than watch BWFC on a Saturday afternoon. When we get to the game we instantly regret it. When we get home we moan about it for the rest of the weekend.

But it's part of the human condition to really enjoy a good moan.
I sit in the East Stand Upper, holding my head in my hands,complaining right left and centre about the amateurish quality of what's on display- and its quite enjoyable.
I never regret going- and when we're battling the Mighty Mansfield and the Southend stalwarts-I'll still be there moaning and enjoying it.
Perhaps I need psychiatric help
Southend will be passing us on the way up

9League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 13:22

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'll still go to as many games as I can. I think any trotter fan of over 40 or so remembers when we were in a position like this before. I still remember being one of about 3K people who turned up to watch us play in Div 4 and we survived that and came back stronger for a while. It's life as a Trotter, ups and downs all the time. Big Sam came along and changed it for a while but the truth is his reign was an aberration in BWFC history. We are a club that works in cycles, a bit like the way some people call it a "boom and bust" economy.

10League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 13:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'll still get a season ticket no matter what happens or whatever shit fan Nat says. I started going in division 4 so it's going almost full circle now. Some of my happiest memories have been from our lower league days - winning at Wembley against Torquay, the White Hot days and many many more i could mention.

11League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i'll still get a season ticket no matter what happens or whatever shit fan Nat says. I started going in division 4 so it's going almost full circle now. Some of my happiest memories have been from our lower league days - winning at Wembley against Torquay, the White Hot days and many many more i could mention.

Those days are gone. Even if we go down to League 2 and then climb the leagues again it won't be anything like last time.

Too many ponces at all levels these days.

Get your old Roadrunner videos transferred onto DVD and save your cash.

12League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 13:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:i'll still get a season ticket no matter what happens or whatever shit fan Nat says. I started going in division 4 so it's going almost full circle now. Some of my happiest memories have been from our lower league days - winning at Wembley against Torquay, the White Hot days and many many more i could mention.

Those days are gone. Even if we go down to League 2 and then climb the leagues again it won't be anything like last time.

Too many ponces at all levels these days.

Get your old Roadrunner videos transferred onto DVD and save your cash.
the roadrunner idea is the best you've had for ages, i have a 4 hour Xmas compliation from 93 that i would love to watch on repeat  Very Happy

13League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
the roadrunner idea is the best you've had for ages, i have a 4 hour Xmas compliation from 93 that i would love to watch on repeat  Very Happy

I did it a couple of years ago, the quality is still crap but it's the commentary and the atmosphere that makes it so special.

14League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 14:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:

I did it a couple of years ago, the quality is still crap but it's the commentary and the atmosphere that makes it so special.
They're on You tube e.g. 

15League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 14:30

My favourite dave Higson quote

"The police, well, they are acting like pigs so to speak"

16League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 14:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:My favourite dave Higson quote

Nah mate. "David Lee, shinin' like a, well, like a light." 

I bet the club could make a couple of million just selling a DVD entitled "Higson-isms" with a hundred or so of Dave's best commentary moments.

17League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 14:33

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:My favourite dave Higson quote

Very Happy

18League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

his co-commentator always said when we scored 'pick that out the onion bag'  Laughing

19League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 16:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

or my other favourite one was when Winstanley scored from about 30 yards out, cue screams of Winny over and over again  Laughing

20League 1- it's looming Empty Re: League 1- it's looming Wed Dec 02 2015, 16:11

Crewe in the Freight Rover.

From about thirty yards as you say.

I'll never forget that one.

The line went "Winny, Winny, Winny ! What a hero! What a man!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum