Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid

+6
Chairmanda
wanderlust
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 14:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good hard working people deserve their wage. The players can do without for a year or two.
Yes but what about the stewards at the Macron?

22BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 14:58

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Glad to hear it !

23BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 15:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chairmanda wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty Jan 18th is D-Day for us mate. In case you forgot that's the date of the hearing where HMRC is going to ask for us to be wound up if we haven't paid them before then. Whatever happens next it CAN'T drag on beyond that date as we will either have to have found the money to pay them off or cease to trade if we don't go into administration. If the bidders are serious they have to put up before that date. If not they need to shut up and get the hell out of the way so we can seek out someone who is.
Yeah. My bet with Bread was based on a conversation around when Boggers said the deal would be completed by i.e. Friday - which I (reluctantly) accepted despite knowing it may take longer to conclude one way or the other on the basis that it's for charity.
another possible outcome of Jan 18th is an extension...it happens quite regularly, and if there are some realistic prospects of payment, there will be a delay of writ offered, maybe for a month, just sayin'
And just how much would you bet on that outcome Manda? 'Cos I wouldn't stick a five pence piece on it myself.
i'd back that outcome if we get as far as the 18th, are we on for a charity bet LPP?
I'll take it Manda. My bet is that we will be ordered to wind up unless we've already entered administration prior to 18th January 2016. If we haven't we will enter admin on that date. I can't see a postponement or extension because I don't think we'll have a viable bid in place that HMRC will accept as meaning they'll be paid in a timely fashion. If I'm wrong I'll donate a tenner to the charity of your choice.

24BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 15:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Good hard working people deserve their wage. The players can do without for a year or two.

No not them. Bunch of thugs.

25BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:13

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty Jan 18th is D-Day for us mate. In case you forgot that's the date of the hearing where HMRC is going to ask for us to be wound up if we haven't paid them before then. Whatever happens next it CAN'T drag on beyond that date as we will either have to have found the money to pay them off or cease to trade if we don't go into administration. If the bidders are serious they have to put up before that date. If not they need to shut up and get the hell out of the way so we can seek out someone who is.
Yeah. My bet with Bread was based on a conversation around when Boggers said the deal would be completed by i.e. Friday - which I (reluctantly) accepted despite knowing it may take longer to conclude one way or the other on the basis that it's for charity.
another possible outcome of Jan 18th is an extension...it happens quite regularly, and if there are some realistic prospects of payment, there will be a delay of writ offered, maybe for a month, just sayin'
And just how much would you bet on that outcome Manda? 'Cos I wouldn't stick a five pence piece on it myself.
i'd back that outcome if we get as far as the 18th, are we on for a charity bet LPP?
I'll take it Manda. My bet is that we will be ordered to wind up unless we've already entered administration prior to 18th January 2016. If we haven't we will enter admin on that date. I can't see a postponement or extension because I don't think we'll have a viable bid in place that HMRC will accept as meaning they'll be paid in a timely fashion. If I'm wrong I'll donate a tenner to the charity of your choice.
you are on, and a tenner to a charity of your choice from me if I am wrong. Isn't it awful its come to this, we are betting on the least worst outcome, still, a charity will benefit!!

26BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:16

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chairmanda wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
you are on, and a tenner to a charity of your choice from me if I am wrong. Isn't it awful its come to this, we are betting on the least worst outcome, still, a charity will benefit!!
Agreed it's a horror show but hey, if there's one thing Trotters are good at it's gallows humour. It's the only explanation I can think of for John McGovern at any rate, not to mention paying Leicester a million quid in order to get Gary Megson as our manager. And who can forget Gerald Cid and Mario Jardel? I'm certain they were meant to be jokes or got signed on a bet. Smile

27BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 16:20

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eddie Davis could earn millions selling his new book ' how not to run a football Club '.

28BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 18:57

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:

The stewards are not employed by BWFC- that business is subcontracted to a  major security firm who supply stewards to several north west clubs That firm has the responsibility of paying the stewards their money- not BWFC.
However I imagine that BWFC hasn't paid them!
The thought strikes me though that if they haven't paid them, then there might be no stewarding at the Fulham game? Just another bit to add to the current chaos

29BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:15

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

The stewards are not employed by BWFC- that business is subcontracted to a  major security firm who supply stewards to several north west clubs That firm has the responsibility of paying the stewards their money- not BWFC.
The thought strikes me though that if they haven't paid them, then there might be no stewarding at the Fulham game? Just another bit to add to the current chaos
Health and Safety law means no stewards, no match mate. And at least some of them will have to be trained and certified in first aid to boot so it's not just a matter of grabbing a few bods and sticking them in hi-vis jackets either. The only way the game could go ahead without stewards would be if we played behind closed doors and that would be a calamity from a financial viewpoint too. I don't know if we've paid the firm that supplies the stewards but I'm guessing we have because nothing has been said to indicate we might not have them this weekend.

30BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Staff to be paid Wed Dec 16 2015, 19:18

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Health and Safety law means no stewards, no match mate. And at least some of them will have to be trained and certified in first aid to boot so it's not just a matter of grabbing a few bods and sticking them in hi-vis jackets either. The only way the game could go ahead without stewards would be if we played behind closed doors and that would be a calamity from a financial viewpoint too. I don't know if we've paid the firm that supplies the stewards but I'm guessing we have because nothing has been said to indicate we might not have them this weekend.

LPP- I left it unsaid as its such an unpalatable thought. But your conclusion crossed my mind as well. We've also got to pay for a lot of GM Police costs should they be necessary for security inside the ground. Wigan had a bit of an issue with this a couple of years ago

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum