Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rangers FC... liquidation looming.

+3
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Empty Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Tue Jun 12 2012, 20:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reported on tonight's news that the banks have rejected the clubs latest proposals to settle their debts and they want their money now.

Not looking good at all for a once mighty club.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only consequence will be a 3 year ban from Europe.

The demotion from the SPL won't happen, well, i'd be stunned if it did.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Nuts - FOUR MONTHS in front of the news!

Sluffy wrote:It's a very complexed story but it is looking possible that Rangers (formed in 1873) will shortly no longer exist!

However it seems just as probable that a 'new' Rangers 2012 will be formed and immediately take there place (I think).

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk/t386-the-end-for-glasgow-rangers?highlight=Rangers

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How does a team with 35,000 season ticket holders go bust. What the hell were the directors doing ?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:How does a team with 35,000 season ticket holders go bust. What the hell were the directors doing ?

Just like so many football clubs the guys at the top are taking way too much out.....greedy bastards.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What makes me laugh is that Rangers had the cheek to offer creditors, the 2nd largest of which is HMRC, 9 pence in the pound on what they are owed as part of the IVA proposal, and are complaining that they have turned it down.

Rangers took PAYE off employees' salaries and then didn't hand it over to the tax man. They owe at least 21.5million to HMRC. They were hoping to pay back 9% of this. I say, fuck em.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:What makes me laugh is that Rangers had the cheek to offer creditors, the 2nd largest of which is HMRC, 9 pence in the pound on what they are owed as part of the IVA proposal, and are complaining that they have turned it down.

Rangers took PAYE off employees' salaries and then didn't hand it over to the tax man. They owe at least 21.5million to HMRC. They were hoping to pay back 9% of this. I say, fuck em.

Funnily enough, that is exactly what HMRC have said! ( Who can blame them ? )

Hopefully Alex Salmond will bail them out before it's too late.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think I must have mentioned about sweetners with regards to Rangers, in another thread. I cannot find it so using this one.....

SPL are investigating whether Rangers can just slip into 2nd tier of Scottish football. The SPL are also talking about purchasing the TV rights for ALL of Rangers fixtures if they are allowed into the 2nd tier - to be shown on Sky/ESPN as part of the current SPL deal!!!!

More here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If Rangers can't be saved one way or another it could be the end of the SPL and the professional game in Scotland

10Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Empty Re: Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Sun Jul 01 2012, 22:46

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

yesbutno wrote:If Rangers can't be saved one way or another it could be the end of the SPL and the professional game in Scotland

To be fair losing the SPL or Scottish football in general would be no great loss as the quality is very poor - about same standard as League 2 and lower.

11Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Empty Re: Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Sun Jul 01 2012, 22:52

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

That's a very selfish point of view. I'm sure Scottish fans would think it a great loss.

12Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Empty Re: Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Sun Jul 01 2012, 23:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

more pragmatic than selfish.

How much of a loss does sky and espn make with regards to Scottish Football?

I know quite a few Scots who would be happy to see the demise of current Scottish Football as they believe its all geared up to Celtic and Rangers and anyt other team or just 2nd or 3rd class.

Australia did something similar years ago - they closed down the League and then took their time, about 2 years to restart as to what is now the A League, and in return gates are still climbing and new clubs are being formed each season (i.e. Melbourne Hearts a couple of years ago - although I follow one of the original A League teams, Melbourne Victory)

13Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Empty Re: Rangers FC... liquidation looming. Sun Jul 01 2012, 23:11

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So it would be pragmatic if the SPL folds because.... Sky and ESPN lose money broadcasting it. That's what you're saying?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum