Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uncertainty over player sales does not help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KEEPING track of the transfer speculation amidst the financial meltdown at Wanderers is an impossible job, admits Neil Lennon.

As captain Darren Pratley became the latest player linked to a move elsewhere – in this instance Ipswich Town – the Whites boss conceded that the uncertainty surrounding his squad has made it hard to plan for the next game.

Zach Clough and Mark Davies were withdrawn 24 and 48 hours before the FA Cup game at Eastleigh and Wanderers could easily be without another key man at Hillsborough if the right bid comes in overnight.

“You don’t know what the next day is going to bring and who you will have to work with,” reasoned Lennon. “It is very difficult indeed.

“I haven’t heard anything on Pratley. He’s one of our better players and I’m sure there will be speculation surrounding him.

“He was linked with Ipswich over the summer as well before he signed his new contract. There will be others linked too – but there is nothing concrete to say on it.

“I try not to dwell on it. I just want to concentrate on the game as best as we can for now.”

Considering the pressure from all sides, Lennon was in remarkably high spirits yesterday previewing the game at Wednesday.

He is determined to try and keep a focus on getting the club out of the bottom three, even though his efforts may ultimately be in vain.

“There are negatives all around so I have to try and look at the positive side too,” he said. “We are four points from safety but we are still a football club and it is a huge motivational challenge.

“I am pretty sure someone will come in and take over the club and keep the future going. In short term, it is tough.

“It has been tough since I walked in the door but is tougher now. It is not something I expected but it is a great experience.”

Lennon will be reunited with some old faces tonight – ‘the one that got away’ Gary Hooper, another ex-Celtic acquaintance in Ross Wallace and Barry Bannan, whose arrival on loan last season helped to keep Wanderers afloat.

“Wednesday have got a good team and they have spent a lot of money,” he said. “I expect them to be in and around it at the end of the season.

“They are having a real good go and are well backed.

“Hooper, Barry Bannan, Ross Wallace I know as well. They are quality players at this level.

“Clubs like Wednesday have had financial problems and always come again with right sort of business model. Bolton is a great club and got good support. It is painful at the minute but in three or four years it will be in healthier position.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/14197406.Uncertainty_over_player_sales_does_not_help_Wanderers_boss_Lennon/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum