Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Glenn Frey RIP

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Glenn Frey RIP Empty Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:53 am

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hell won't need to freeze over now. Thanks for your songs. RIP

2Glenn Frey RIP Empty Re: Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:28 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very sad. My heroes are dropping like flies.  Lost Dale Griffin from Mott The Hoople too.RIP.

3Glenn Frey RIP Empty Re: Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:19 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What's worrying me is that a lot of the musicians I grew up with are dying so young. Frey was 67, Bowie just turned 69 and Lemmy - well Lemmy marked his own card anyway TBF. That said I've spent >40 years burning the candle at both ends so the prognosis for me isn't that great either.

Point is my State pension doesn't kick in until I'm 66 and I'm glad I didn't wait around for that before retiring otherwise I'd be a bit better off financially but with bugger all time left to enjoy it. It's a total gamble, but with these boys pegging it before they reach the age of 70, I'm beginning to wish I'd packed in work 10 years ago.

On that note I'm off to South Africa early Feb for 3 weeks fully intent on cage diving with great whites, drinking Stellenbosch dry, doing a bit of safari and hopefully going skydiving for the first time so I'm bloody well determined to make the most of whatever time I've got left. Mind you with my luck I'll probably live to 100 and spend the last 25 years in pain and poverty.

4Glenn Frey RIP Empty Re: Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:27 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And Brucie just keeps on going. cheers

5Glenn Frey RIP Empty Re: Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:And Brucie just keeps on going. cheers
Glenn Frey RIP Bruce-springsteen-1985

cheers

6Glenn Frey RIP Empty Re: Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:49 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:And Brucie just keeps on going. cheers

One of the short stories in "The Illustrated Man" may give us a clue as to how he does it....

7Glenn Frey RIP Empty Re: Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:17 pm

I read years ago that him and Henley shafted Don Felder and Joe Walsh and I've always thought poorly of him since.

Stupid and irrational I know, but given that there'd be no Hotel California without those two and that's where Th'Eagles made most of their money, it always sort of stuck.

Sorry he's dead though - obviously.

8Glenn Frey RIP Empty Re: Glenn Frey RIP Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Felder got shafted but Joe Walsh is big enough to stand on his own two feet.
Walsh had a musical career with the James Gang and solo long before the Eagles where on the scene, and has flirted with his solo career on and off since joining.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum