Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Wanderers star Dean Holdsworth believes ‘fabulous’ club will get new owners

+4
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Holdsworth has high hopes Wanderers will find a new owner before much longer.

Holdsworth looked on as the Whites secured an FA Cup fourth round meeting with Leeds United last night, with goals from Gary Madine, Dean Moxey and Darren Pratley securing a 3-2 win against non-league Eastleigh, and insisted there was reason for optimism for the future despite the doomsday headlines that have surrounded the club of late.

The former striker, who is heading up one of the consortia looking to buy the club from Eddie Davies, was asked in a radio interview on BBC Five Live if he felt new ownership could be found before Wanderers go back to the High Court on February 22 over a £2.2million tax bill.

“Yes – I think they will,” he said. “I think it’s a fabulous football club and there are a number of reasons to stay positive.

“There are many people working behind the scenes to keep the club alive and I do believe it will stay that way, which will be tremendous for the fans.

“The football team have got their duty to do on the pitch as well.”

Holdsworth’s Sports Shield consortium are one of four realistic buyers the club confirmed to the courtroom on Monday.

The club has 33 days before returning to the capital but are confident they will be able to strike a deal with HMRC on their next visit after selling car park land to the Emerson Group, who own Middlebrook Retail Park.

Staff and player wages are also covered for this month but the training ground at Euxton is an asset the club is looking to cash in on and further player sales have not been ruled out.

Mark Davies, however, has indicated he wants to remain at Wanderers beyond the transfer window. The midfielder was restored to the line-up last night for the first time since his abandoned move to Sheffield Wednesday.

On the pitch, times have been hard and Neil Lennon’s side sit bottom of the Championship, seven points from safety, ahead of this weekend’s crunch home game against MK Dons.

“Times are definitely tough at the moment,” Holdsworth agreed, “particularly on the football side of things, and it’s very well documented behind the scenes as well.”

Meanwhile a government report on supporter ownership and fan engagement has recommended supporters get a greater say in football.

The report says clubs must meet with fans’ groups at least twice a year and tells the FA to consider “greater supporter representation on FA Council”.

Wanderers fans have recently galvanised to create a Supporters’ Trust, which is looking to give its 4,000-strong membership a voice in the new ownership structure, whatever that may be.

“All too often, crucial club decisions have been taken over the heads of fans, with the real financial and strategic position of clubs shrouded in mystery,” said Kevin Miles, chief executive of the Football Supporters’ Federation.

“We welcome the recommendations in this report that supporters’ representatives should be entitled to regular structured engagement with clubs, and that supporter representation within the FA should be strengthened.

“Fans aren't only concerned with facilities and team performance; we also care deeply about the ownership, governance and strategic direction of the clubs we support.”

Source

Get on with it Deano, you're our only hope.

Ex-Wanderers star Dean Holdsworth believes ‘fabulous’ club will get new owners Holdo

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If we're so fabulous then show Trevor the money you hot air spouting jerk or just admit you're a puppet for a bunch of asset stripping bar stewards who are waiting like vultures for admin to let them buy us up for nowt and sell everything off for a fast buck.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:If we're so fabulous then show Trevor the money you hot air spouting jerk or just admit you're a puppet for a bunch of asset stripping bar stewards who are waiting like vultures for admin to let them buy us up for nowt and sell everything off for a fast buck.

You should apologise for that outburst. Holdsworth is a legend.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Really? Why? Cos he missed a sitter my granny could have scored in a Cup semi and cost us the match? In that case he's a typical Bolton Legend alright, spouting junk and achieving nothing. 

And no, I am not remotely joking. The man is a moron who is basically carping on about a 'fabulous' club but can't prove he or his "consortium" have 15 million quid to run a club for half a season much less take it over as a genuine concern. 

Nat Lofthouse was a Bolton Legend, Dean Holdsworth doesn't deserve to even approach being labelled with that word.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:If we're so fabulous then show Trevor the money you hot air spouting jerk or just admit you're a puppet for a bunch of asset stripping bar stewards who are waiting like vultures for admin to let them buy us up for nowt and sell everything off for a fast buck.

Correct, totally uncalled for.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Really? On what grounds is it uncalled for? What did Dean Holdsworth ever actually accomplish in a BWFC shirt except miss an open goal and cost us a shot at European Competition by winning the FA cup? The man's a hot air spouting jerk and every time he sits in the director's box then opens his hot air spouting mouth all he does is prove it even more.

Dean Holdsworth needs to put up or shut the fuck up now.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Correct, totally uncalled for.

Natasha shared a Jacuzzi with him don't you know!

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Really? On what grounds is it uncalled for? What did Dean Holdsworth ever actually accomplish in a BWFC shirt except miss an open goal and cost us a shot at European Competition by winning the FA cup? The man's a hot air spouting jerk and every time he sits in the director's box then opens his hot air spouting mouth all he does is prove it even more.

Dean Holdsworth needs to put up or shut the fuck up now.

Unless you've been sat in the negotiations I don't see how you can judge who's holding this process back.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I judge it on what Trevor Birch, a man well respected within the game for working on clubs in situations like ours says. "No one has proven they have the necessary funds" was his statement, something Holdsworth himself has had to admit was true after originally saying it wasn't.

I'm not mad at Holdsworth alone here, he's just the public face of a group of asset strippers who put him up front to make the fans feel better but the fact he's willingly gone along with this bull, now that does get my goat and for Nat to call him a 'Legend', well that makes me  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: when I'm not busy  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I judge it on what Trevor Birch, a man well respected within the game for working on clubs in situations like ours says. "No one has proven they have the necessary funds" was his statement, something Holdsworth himself has had to admit was true after originally saying it wasn't.

Birch isn't going to come out and say 'the club is in such a shit state nobody wants to put the money up until Eddie straightens a few things out'. 

Nobody outside the club is in a position to judge what's going on behind closed doors.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Really? Why? Cos he missed a sitter my granny could have scored in a Cup semi and cost us the match? In that case he's a typical Bolton Legend alright, spouting junk and achieving nothing. 

And no, I am not remotely joking. The man is a moron who is basically carping on about a 'fabulous' club but can't prove he or his "consortium" have 15 million quid to run a club for half a season much less take it over as a genuine concern. 

Nat Lofthouse was a Bolton Legend, Dean Holdsworth doesn't deserve to even approach being labelled with that word.

You bellend. You judge a player on one miss? Did Lofthouse never miss an easy chance? I know McGinlay did from time to time.

You are, once again, slagging off a bloke for not putting up £15m when you can't even be arsed shelling out a tenner to watch the match last night.

You definitely owe Dean an apology.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Legend my arse.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Really? Why? Cos he missed a sitter my granny could have scored in a Cup semi and cost us the match? In that case he's a typical Bolton Legend alright, spouting junk and achieving nothing. 

You bellend. You judge a player on one miss? Did Lofthouse never miss an easy chance? I know McGinlay did from time to time.

You are, once again, slagging off a bloke for not putting up £15m when you can't even be arsed shelling out a tenner to watch the match last night.

You definitely owe Dean an apology.
Nat I shelled out sixty quid last night to go watch the match with my whole family. Unfortunately I had to leave before HT due to some pretty severe pain in my back and spent most of this morning with two whacking great needles halfway up my spine (a lumbar puncture) because I appear to have some sort of excess fluid in my spinal column. To be honest I didn't really understand what the doctors told me about it but they drained some of it off and then I had to lie completely still for about four hours. 

Before you start spouting off at me make sure you've got your facts right.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Nat I shelled out sixty quid last night to go watch the match with my whole family. Unfortunately I had to leave before HT due to some pretty severe pain in my back and spent most of this morning with two whacking great needles halfway up my spine (a lumbar puncture) because I appear to have some sort of excess fluid in my spinal column. To be honest I didn't really understand what the doctors told me about it but they drained some of it off and then I had to lie completely still for about four hours. 

Before you start spouting off at me make sure you've got your facts right.

I'm sorry but that's a real lack of commitment. You're moaning at Holdsworth for not putting up £15m and you can't even sit through a bit of back pain.

Embarrassing.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I'm sorry but that's a real lack of commitment. You're moaning at Holdsworth for not putting up £15m and you can't even sit through a bit of back pain.

Embarrassing.
I know and I shall go and immolate myself immediately as a result. Worse yet, I left when we were actually winning 2-1.  :nono:

Just not good enough at all really, I should hand back my Normid shirt and Sherpa Van Trophy Final scarf in shame.  :facepalm: :suicide:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've just found a 'I'm backing Bolton' badge from years ago, when, if I remember rightly, we were in a shit state then as well', but not as bad as this latest set of shenanigans.

Dean Holdsworth was a very well-liked player, but if you were to call him a legend, it would be at the lower end of the scale I reckon.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:I've just found a 'I'm backing Bolton' badge from years ago, when, if I remember rightly, we were in a shit state then as well', but not as bad as this latest set of shenanigans.

Dean Holdsworth was a very well-liked player, but if you were to call him a legend, it would be at the lower end of the scale I reckon.
Don't get me wrong, Dean is actually in my personal all time BWFC eleven for sentimental reasons. Back in 2000 I was at the 'Bok with my then three year old and we actually bumped into Dean in one of the concourses. He was a real gent and took time out to speak to my toddler and me about what the club. He was injured at the time and probably wanted nothing more than to get to his seat but he was patient and very good to my lad. As a man he's top notch in my book but he's not a true Legend in the way Nat Lofthouse or Eddie Hopkinson were. In fact in the modern era I'd say only Kevin Davies really deserves that tag after ten years of service most of which was outstanding. 

Dean would be in my "Bolton Stars" list all day long but not my "Legends" list. I just think the word Legend is overused these days, players can get that tag for one season, sometimes even just a few games and I think it's wrong to do that.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd put McGinlay and Bergsson above Kevin Davies.

Steve Thompson and Tony Caldwell all day long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum