Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Tue Feb 02 2016, 23:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's going to get a pasting!

Khan as signed to fight the world Middleweight (two weights up from Khan's normal fighting division of light welterweight) Canelo Alvarez who last time out beat Miguel Cotto!

Seems he will do anything to swerve Kell Brooks but I think he's made a massive mistake here.

Alvarez is not a banger but he has stopped plenty before and has only ever been beaten by Mayweather.  He has a 46-1-1 record and is still only 25.

Maybe Khan's camp have seen something in him that they think he might have become burnt out but I somehow doubt he is.

I can't see a hope for Khan.

Roll on the 7th May!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35476796

2Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Wed Feb 03 2016, 06:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't know what he's upto here, Brook would be an easier fight than Alvarez, a sell out and Wembely and ppv, he's going to get knocked spark out.

The ginger Mexican will play with Khan.

3Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Wed Feb 03 2016, 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alvarez is a very tough cookie and he knows it. Khan will have to do a helluva lot of fancy dancing not to get decked.

4Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Wed Feb 03 2016, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Given Amir's comments about saving the club, how come the fight is in Las Vegas and not at The Macron as promised?

5Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Wed Feb 03 2016, 17:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are fighting at a catchweight limit of 155lb so how can it be for the middleweight belt? The weight for middleweights is 160lb to 167lb. The welterweight limit is 147lb to 154lb so this is really a super welterweight fight.

6Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Wed Feb 03 2016, 23:52

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Khan's taken this fight rather than Kel Brook because it will make him a fortune. Even if he loses as expected he can still fall back on a fight with Brook in this country that would earn him another monster payday as well as a shot at redemption after losing to Alvarez.

7Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Thu Feb 04 2016, 10:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:They are fighting at a catchweight limit of 155lb so how can it be for the middleweight belt? The weight for middleweights is 160lb to 167lb. The welterweight limit is 147lb to 154lb so this is really a super welterweight fight.

Catchweight fights are becoming increasingly common and Alvarez has had a few. It is within the rules of all the Boards that where a fight can be made but the traditional weight range gives a distinct advantage to one fighter or the other a "catchweight" can be negotiated beforehand as long as it falls within the agreed range. Catchweight in this context means "negotiated/agreed weight".

And I think you've got your weights mixed up RT - isn't 160 to 167 lbs super middleweight?

8Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Thu Feb 04 2016, 16:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

And I think you've got your weights mixed up RT - isn't 160 to 167 lbs super middleweight?

160 is the middleweight limit so if they are fighting at 155 then it must be super welterweight. I didn't know there was such a classification tbh.

9Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Thu Feb 04 2016, 19:56

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Forget Khan...I have just found a real treat for Scott and the chance to meet his idol.

A 5 times division world champion with 12 titles under his belt, 26/26 world title wins, and the highest grossing pay-per-view boxing match contender to date… These are just a few of a number of outrageous statistics regarding Floyd Mayweather’s boxing career.
On the 11th of February Bolton Whites Hotel in conjunction with EBF boxing are offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to attend an evening boxing event with icon Floyd Mayweather AKA “The Greatest Ever”. Special guest Johnny Nelson will be also be in attendance, with a celebrity comedian host to be confirmed in due course. The event will take place in the Premier Suite, situated within the Macron Stadium and tickets are inclusive of a four course meal, headed up by Michelin star chef Paul Heathcote ofHeathcotes&Co
To book or for further information please call 07813 637 117 / 01204 667788 or emaildez.b@hotmail.co.uk
Prices
Standard Table £149 
 Standard Table & Photo£299 

Schedule

10Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Fri Feb 05 2016, 16:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

160 is the middleweight limit so if they are fighting at 155 then it must be super welterweight. I didn't know there was such a classification tbh.
Super welterweight is 148 to 154, middleweight 155 to 160, super middle 161 to 167 RT.

11Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Fri Feb 05 2016, 17:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Super welterweight is 148 to 154, middleweight 155 to 160, super middle 161 to 167 RT.

Cheers for that. Too many bloody weight classifications for my liking!

12Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Empty Re: Amir Khan v Canelo Alvarez Fri Feb 05 2016, 17:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are too many weight divisions, and too many world ranking orders.

There is only one Tyson Fury though Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum