Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loan watch: Mixed fortunes for on-loan quartet

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a mixed week for Bolton Wanderers' on loan players during the latest round of Football League fixtures.

In the Sky Bet Championship, Rob Hall came on as a late substitute to win a penalty as MK Dons beat Queen Park Rangers 2-0 at home.

Having seen captain Dean Lewington fire Dons ahead shortly after the interval, the winger joined the action in the 87th minute before winning a penalty in stoppage-time, allowing Ben Reeves to step up to seal the points.

Hayden White was sent off for Blackpool in Sky Bet League One as the Tangerines lost 3-0 away at Millwall.

Two goals behind at the break to Lee Gregory and Jed Wallace strikes, the defender was dismissed for a second bookable offence in the 76th minute for a shirt-pull on Shane Ferguson.

Millwall wrapped up the scoring less than ten minutes later as Steve Morison scored from the penalty spot.

Meanwhile in Sky Bet League Two, Conor Wilkinson completed 90 minutes for Newport County as Scott Boden's first-half goal saw the Exiles beat Wycombe Wanderers 1-0 at home.

Over in Italy, Francesco Pisano started for Avellino but was substituted at half-time as they lost 1-0 at home to Spezia.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hayden White was really caught out of position for his bookings. Nothing wrong with his pace but he banks on it too much and then gets rash when he gives his winger a head start through poor positional play. Deserved to get sent off IMO and really disappointed that he won't make the grade for us next season.

Not sure what's happening with Pisano. He looked good for us, but that's the second time he's been subbed early doors by Avellino so either he's become injury-prone or he's getting badly done for pace in Italy and I think it's the latter.

Hall and Wilko will be interesting additions to the mix next year. Hall in particular seeing as Feeney is out of contract. Although TBF I'm not sure when Hall's contract is up.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Rob Hall's contact is up in June I believe.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Rob Hall's contact is up in June I believe.

Another signing with a stellar career for us....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum