Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Preston

+15
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
Fabians Right Peg
gloswhite
scottjames30
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
doffcocker
Norpig
Leeds_Trotter
Boggersbelief
karlypants
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 10:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next up and coming game is against PNE at the Macron.

Here are some stats for you all...

Preston's last 5 Championship results (most recent first):

Nottingham Forest 1-0 Preston
Preston 0-0 Brighton
Cardiff 2-1 Preston
Preston 2-1 Charlton
Preston 1-0 Sheff Weds

Last 5 league meetings between both clubs (most recent first):

Preston 0-0 Bolton
Bolton 3-0 Preston
Preston 0-2 Bolton
Bolton 2-0 Preston
Bolton 1-1 Preston 

Anyone feel we can get anything out of this game?

It's about time we got a win so I'm going for that.

My prediction: Bolton 2-1 Preston

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Mar 12 2016, 16:59; edited 1 time in total

2Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 10:53

easy win

3Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 11:06

1-0 to us.

Holdsworth.

4Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 11:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2-1 Trotter and Clough

5Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 11:12

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let's have them. 3-1 to us   :COYW:

6Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 11:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry to be a killjoy but i reckon a draw again, i''ll go for 1-1

7Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 11:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Paul Tierney to oversee Preston derby clash

Paul Tierney will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship clash with Preston North End at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

The Lancashire-based official has overseen three Whites' matches in the past, all of which have come against local-rivals Blackburn Rovers including the this season's 0-0 draw at Ewood Park. 

Having run the rule over his first Football League fixture in August 2009, his first second tier clash followed in February 2010 while he has also stepped up to the Premier League on occasions in the last two seasons.

Mr Tierney has controlled 32 matches so far this campaign, including four in the top-flight, dishing out 92 yellow cards and two red cards along the way.

Thomas Bramall and James Wilson will run the line, while Eddie Ilderton is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 12:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nice that we've still got a bit of a derby to look forward to if nothing else. Preston have sold out their allocation of 3,500 which seems ridiculous once again when the stands holds nearly 5,000 but nevermind.

Obviously they're doing alright PNE now, but I thought they were every bit as shit as us when we played them at Deepdale.

No doubt some full back who's never scored in his life will hit a screamer into the top corner and we'll lose 1-0.

9Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best guess is a draw.

10Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 13:12

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we can win this game. Preston on a par with us if you remove the mismanagement we've had to endure this season.

11Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 13:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

To me it's hard to fathom that Preston will stay up and we are likely to go down..... I had Preston as relegation favorites at the start of the season.  Now we are talking about getting a draw....how times have changed for the mighty whites.

12Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Thu Mar 10 2016, 13:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ordered tickets for this one, I think we could hammer them.

3 or 4-1.

13Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Fri Mar 11 2016, 17:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Preston North End

SETTING THE SCENE
Bolton Wanderers take to the field for the first time since Sports Shield Investment and Inner Circle completed their takeover of the club as the Whites host local-rivals Preston North End on Saturday.

Neil Lennon’s side ended a three-game losing run in their last outing after securing a last-gasp draw at home to Ipswich Town.

And with the biggest crowd of the season expected at Macron Stadium to welcome the new owners, Bolton will be eager to make home advantage count as they bid to climb the Sky Bet Championship table.

Having won promotion last season via the play-offs, Preston have proven to be a very hard side to beat so far this campaign, as highlighted by the 0-0 draw between the two sides at Deepdale earlier in the campaign.

With Lennon’s former Leicester City teammate Simon Grayson in the dugout, the Lilywhites currently sit comfortably in mid-table, and only seven points off the play-off places.

And with North End boasting the meanest defence in the division outside of the top six, the scene is set of a tight encounter at BL6 as the two sides look to claim local bragging rights.

TEAM NEWS
Josh Vela and Kaiyne Woolery could return after missing Tuesday night’s match with Ipswich Town, but Emile Heskey continues to be troubled by an ongoing hip injury.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Elsewhere, David Wheater (hamstring) remains on the sidelines while Ben Amos (ankle), Dorian Dervite (ankle) and Max Clayton (hamstring) are long-term absentees.

LAST TIME OUT
Stephen Dobbie came off the bench to score a 97th minute as Wanderers came from behind to clinch a dramatic draw with Ipswich Town on Tuesday night.

LAST PRESTON NORTH END XI (v Nottingham Forest, L1-0)
Lindegaard, Woods, Clarke, Huntington, Wright, Cunningham, Pearson, Gallagher, Johnson, Reach, Garner.

ONE TO WATCH
The first player in English football to make over 100 appearances for the same loan side, Paul Gallagher finally joined Preston North End permanently last summer, having enjoyed three separate loan stints with the Lilywhites since 2007.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The versatile one-time Scotland international started his career with Blackburn Rovers before joining Leicester City in 2009, and has also enjoyed previous loan spells with Stoke City, Plymouth Argyle and Sheffield United during his career to date.

Netting double figures in each of the last two campaigns as Gallagher helped Preston win promotion to the second tier via the play-offs, the 31-year-old has scored five times for the Lilywhites so far this season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Fri Mar 11 2016, 17:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Golden Goals v Preston:

15Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Fri Mar 11 2016, 20:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like BWFC have stopped uploading the free pre match Lennon interview to Youtube etc for every game.

Maybe that's Deano's get rich quick plan by making folk buy the Wanderers Player. Very Happy

16Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Fri Mar 11 2016, 21:04

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think were in with a chance for this one, when you consider how were getting better, or lucky, with each game. Were gaining confidence bit by bit. Probably too late for survival, but its nice to see that we don't have to automatically assume we will lose in a dull and dismal way.
2-1 to us

17Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Mar 12 2016, 00:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonder if Deano's positivity and vote of confidence will make a difference to the performance? Or is hope merely the delusion of the desperate?

18Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Mar 12 2016, 00:40

Seriously....?

Like you don't already know.....? Shocked

19Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Mar 12 2016, 06:08

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Got to be a win up early and bacon sarnies will be on soon, treating it as a cup game.

3-0 Woolery

20Bolton 1-2 Preston Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Preston Sat Mar 12 2016, 09:12

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I'm feeling the positivity today. 2-0 win and a decent performance I reckon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum