Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cahill agrees terms with chelsea....

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cahill agrees terms with chelsea.... Empty Cahill agrees terms with chelsea.... Fri Jan 13 2012, 20:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

,,,,according to GMR tonight

Gary Cahill looks set to become a Chelsea player on Saturday after finally agreeing terms on his move to Stamford Bridge.

Reports
surfaced on Friday evening that the 26-year-old was taken out of
training with Wanderers on Thursday afternoon to hold talks with Blues
chief executive Ron Gourlay, who had travelled north to the Trotters'
Euxton training ground.

As a result of these talks, Cahill is
now thought to have agreed personal terms with Andre Villas-Boas' side
and travelled to London to undergo the first part of a medical on Friday
evening ahead of a £7million switch.

The England
international should complete his medical on Saturday morning and could
be unveiled ahead of Chelsea's game with Sunderland in the afternoon.

---------

Also in the Mirror

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

About time! Cue the arrivals of Tim Ream and Apoño...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A 23 mill contract over 5 years. Not bad if you can get it. Let's hope he doesn't fail the medical!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have just read that Cahill has accepted £80,000 a week on a five year contract to sign for Chelsea. He is staying in London overnight and having a medical in the morning. Subject to him passing the medical, he will be paraded at Stamford Bridge tomorrow before their game against Sunderland.

Neither United, City, Arsenal or Spurs came in with an alternative offer.

I wish him all the best because he has given us £7 million to spend with over two weeks to go before the transfer window closes.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It works out at about £90,000 a week which I think's a bit steap.
I can see it taking a while for him to settle in. If he plays like he has in the past when his head's been in the right place, Chelsea have got themselves a bargain. If he plays like he's played this season, they haven't got a great deal.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Terry and Cahill seem to have hit it off together when they were playing for England. As Captain, I am sure Terry had some influence with AVB. I still think if United or City had come in for him he would have chosen them instead.

Cahill is a decent centre half. At Bolton he was a big fish in a little pond. At Chelsea the opposite will apply. If he gets a run in the team with Terry, Cole and Bosingwa surrounding him, I think he will do okay. It's light years away from names such as Robinson, Steinsson and Knight.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm thinking the 7 mil is a Bargain, but adding on the wages, contract up at the of the season.

We've been a bit bolloxed to do owt about it.

Cahill has looked anything but an England international over the last 6 months, I think we got the better end of this deal. Good luck to the lad, but I'm glad this saga looks like finally being over.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He didn't feature for Chelsea against Norwich yesterday. I bet he wishes he was at the Reebok yesterday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum