Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFCST's Response To BWFC Owners Regarding Academy Funding

+5
Sluffy
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
whatsgoingon
boltonbonce
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Norpig wrote:i may be imaging it, but i don't remember the original title saying they refuse to help the academy, has it been amended?

This was the original thread from which this letter was posted on - I've simply taken out the letter and given it its own thread so more people will see it.

(I do this sort of thing all the time and not just in this one instance before people start).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

bit naughty that Sluffy, what does Boncey think of this? It now looks like he posted it as his is the first comment

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a happy bonce. Brucie missiles may follow.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:They seem to have a belief that the club should hand over all their confidential information to them, every statement says that they want detailed financial information from the club before they'll do anything.
Who wouldn't?

They'd be crazy to raise and hand over say a million quid if the club was heading for bankruptcy or that the current owners are looking to offload the business in the near future. 

All the goodwill and money would be wasted.

Plus this isn't even a loan to the club (and anyone offering a loan would definitely want to see the books) This is apparently a gift, so all the more reason that the ST would want to ensure that it goes to the club and not to line the current owners' pockets or to the taxman.
They haven't got a million quid mate, not even close. In fact the most likely reason for extending the deadline for people to join is because they haven't even got all the tenners from those who initially pledged to join. Originally they were saying 6000 people had pledged to become members once the bank account was sorted. Even if every single one of them had been over 16 and paid in full that would still have only brought in 60K. How much of that has been spent already on their various little shows and games? How much did they get from the Legends match? If they want to see Ken and Dean's financial data then they need to start being more open about what they do and don't have themselves and where the money they have raised so far is being spent.

Frankly I'm at the point where I feel I've literally wasted my money because the steering group are a bunch of self-aggrandizing bozos who spend a lot of time talking and no time actually doing.

With all due respect to yourself lusty I think the ST is going to be a disaster while these guys run it. And make no mistake, sluffy's right about them being almost certain to be elected. They're already going out of their way to burn any possible bridges they might have built between the fans and the club and they're crippling what the entire purpose of a Supporter's Trust is supposed to be.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think you've overstepped the mark here Sluffy, you've highjacked Bonceys post and put your own spin on it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Capt Ahab whale chasing thing was a bit of a leg pull,but it might be nearer the mark than I thought.
My original post was fine where it was.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:They seem to have a belief that the club should hand over all their confidential information to them, every statement says that they want detailed financial information from the club before they'll do anything.
Who wouldn't?

They'd be crazy to raise and hand over say a million quid if the club was heading for bankruptcy or that the current owners are looking to offload the business in the near future. 

Plus this isn't even a loan to the club (and anyone offering a loan would definitely want to see the books) This is apparently a gift, so all the more reason that the ST would want to ensure that it goes to the club and not to line the current owners' pockets or to the taxman.
They haven't got a million quid mate, not even close. In fact the most likely reason for extending the deadline for people to join is because they haven't even got all the tenners from those who initially pledged to join. Originally they were saying 6000 people had pledged to become members once the bank account was sorted. Even if every single one of them had been over 16 and paid in full that would still have only brought in 60K. How much of that has been spent already on their various little shows and games? How much did they get from the Legends match? If they want to see Ken and Dean's financial data then they need to start being more open about what they do and don't have themselves and where the money they have raised so far is being spent.

Frankly I'm at the point where I feel I've literally wasted my money because the steering group are a bunch of self-aggrandizing bozos who spend a lot of time talking and no time actually doing.

With all due respect to yourself lusty I think the ST is going to be a disaster while these guys run it. And make no mistake, sluffy's right about them being almost certain to be elected. They're already going out of their way to burn any possible bridges they might have built between the fans and the club and they're crippling what the entire purpose of a Supporter's Trust is supposed to be.
We know they haven't got the money Pete - presumably that's why they said they couldn't make an IMMEDIATE payment. But that doesn't mean they couldn't raise it and it definitely doesn't mean they are refusing to help.

I also agree these guys aren't doing a great job but that's irrelevant to the point I was making which is about basic honesty in reporting. I don't like it when Iles etc come out with misleading bullshit headlines and it would be hypocritical of me not to flag it up when it happens on our board.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:You read it again mate.

Anderson asked could the ST for IMMEADIATE investment - the academy deadline decision having to be made before the end of July.

The ST wrote back saying they COULD NOT COMMIT TO IMMEADIATE INVESTMENT.
What's that got to do with it? 
I can't commit to immediate investment but that doesn't mean that I refuse to help or that I won't invest in the future. 
It is a very misleading and strongly weighted emotive headline that doesn't reflect the truth of the situation and you know it Sluff.

I am not a supporter of the ST and I'm not having a go at you here but I do think this is both inaccurate and unfair.

Let me make it simple for you.

I need some money NOW (before the end of July) otherwise I (the academy) go under (downsizes).

Have they sais yes? - No they haven't.

Have they said we'll have a look into it urgently for the good of the club (and probably apply all sorts of conditions if we do)? - No they haven't.

Have they said NO - we might think about it AFTER the deadline to down size has passed (what fucking use is that for the future of the club if the academy is SO important that 85% of its own membership mandates it to be involved with the clubs academy?) and only then if you show us the books? - Yes they have.

It is all there in black and white for Christ sake!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone distract him....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

so where are the ST supposed to find this money at a drop of a hat Sluffy?  Rolling Eyes

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
Who wouldn't?

Sorry I don't agree with you Wanderlust, 

A: It isn't their money it's their members money, contrary to their inflated ego's. Who voted to help the academy.

B: It isn't a gift (but you're right in the fact that, that seems to be their mentality) it's a contribution towards the running of the club which is supposedly what it was set up to do in the first place and why the members contributed in the first place.

C: The money is for the academy, so it's irrelevant whether the owners are selling or not. The academy still needs money.

They are drunk on power, incompetent but even more damagingly are completely disregarding the vote of their members.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:so where are the ST supposed to find this money at a drop of a hat Sluffy?  Rolling Eyes
Say that then, don't come out with a load of self important crap about seeing the books and sticking their noses into everything just because they have an inflated view of their role.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:so where are the ST supposed to find this money at a drop of a hat Sluffy?  Rolling Eyes

Sluffy wrote:
The ST wrote back saying they COULD NOT COMMIT TO IMMEADIATE INVESTMENT.

Not that they hadn't got the money, or for the sake of the academy they would explore urgent means of doing so - they said NO - even though that may lead to the further down grade of the academy and the almost certain loss of jobs for amongst others Jimmy Phillips and David Lee.

Their own survey amongst its members even gave them an overwhelming mandate (85%) to seek involvement with the clubs academy too!

They probably don't have anything like all the money BUT...

They say they know people willing to put EIGHT MILLION pounds into the club when they sought Preferred Bidder status,

and

They probably raised more from the Legends game than they have from the £10 membership fees,

...so they do have a few friends (or so they claim) who could help and they do have a few pennies of their own to chuck in - albeit with strings attached if necessary - if they really did want to help with this - and as I keep repeating - their own membership (of which you are one) voted them an 85% overwhelming mandate to actively engage with the clubs academy!

Does that answer your question?

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Jun 10 2016, 13:47; edited 1 time in total

whatsgoingon wrote:
Say that then, don't come out with a load of self important crap about seeing the books and sticking their noses into everything just because they have an inflated view of their role.

Have you quoted the wrong person there?

And don't pick on my mate Mr Pig.

We both went to Smivs in the 80's and we could take you one-handed.

If we were that way inclined.....which, fortunately for you, we're not.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that money was for a takeover not to fund the academy as well you know Sluffy, even with the tenners from members and money raised from the legends game it wouldn't come anywhere near enough to bale out the academy.

I'm still interested in your comments on my post about overstepping and spin Sluffy when you're ready

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Very Happy  thanks mate

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

sorry yes and offer my unreserved apologies to Monsieur Cochon  Embarassed
I certainly would not dare to mess with the Smivs Massive

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:that money was for a takeover not to fund the academy as well you know Sluffy, even with the tenners from members and money raised from the legends game it wouldn't come anywhere near enough to bale out the academy.

I'm still interested in your comments on my post about overstepping and spin Sluffy when you're ready

The money was there to buy the club AND the academy - maybe with that money they could just buy the academy perhaps - who knows even if that would be possible?

What I'm saying is the ST has completely blanked them - not 'sorry lads we simply don't have the money' or 'look we need to protect our investment into the academy, if we do put something in and even that might not be enough to save it from a downgrade' - simply a no.

Or to be more precise a no for now but maybe in the future if you show us all your financial details. Well what good is that if the academy as been shut down to part time by then and all the youngsters left and gone to other clubs?

As for the 'spin' and 'overstepping' I completely deny both charges.

The ST has REFUSED to help the academy before the DEADLINE for it to go part-time and potentially lead to the laying off of fulltime staff such as Phillips and Lee - Fact.

And how is putting information already on the forum into a more prominent position for everybody to see overstepping the mark - it is to make it even more available to everyone to see!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you don't have to apologise to me WGO but Breaders is right about us Smivs boys, rock hard the lot of us  Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy you took someone else's thread and as a a mod amended it to suit your own agenda, if that's not overstepping the mark then i don't know what is

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the thread title that bothers me. I didn't post the email with that in mind. I'm more than a little pissed off.
And if you wanted more prominence for it Sluffy,you should have posted it on my own personal thread,where people flock to read my wondrous doings.
Apart from Nat of course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum