Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson message to fans and staff: We're all in this together

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has asked fans to help him spread some joy at Wanderers.

The new Whites boss wants to tackle head-on a “losing mentality” gained by seasons of struggle in the Championship, capped off by relegation last season.

He has now added key members of his trusted backroom staff, Steve Parkin, Lee Butler, Tim Breacker and Nick Allenby, in an effort to replicate the spirit which he used to such good effect at Bradford City.

But Parkinson knows he needs outside help as well, and in a message to fans via The Bolton News he appealed for people to wipe the slate clean after so many months of misery at the Macron.

“There has been a lot of doom and gloom around the club, I can sense that,” he said. “And of course that is bound to happen when you consider what went on last season.

“But Bolton are not the only club who have had tough times and when the good ones come again, you enjoy them more.

“Football supporters who stick with the club through those tough periods are the really loyal ones and we want to reward them.

“I ask that we get this place as full as possible and make it a cracking atmosphere. That’s how fans can help.”

Parkinson has also reached out to staff at the Macron for help.

Morale within the club has been low during the financial issues of the last eight months and job losses have been an inevitable consequence of dropping into the third tier.

The new boss is keen to foster a good working relationship right around the club, however, which he thinks can contribute to what is happening on the pitch.

“I want to throw myself right in and embrace this challenge,” he said. “But I can’t do it on my own and I definitely want to include everyone here.1

“At other clubs I have been at – Colchester is a good example, Bradford another – we got everyone in the whole club doing that extra bit and making them feel a part of the team. That is what I want to do here.”

Wanderers have extended the early purchase deadline for season tickets and confirmed yesterday that more than 8,500 have been sold so far. It represents only a small drop compared with 12 months ago, when the club reported that just over 10,000 had been sold on August 1, 2015.

Fans now have until June 30 to sign up for season tickets, which were reduced by 10 per cent in League One.

Source

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

This is just all the usual stuff that a new manager has to wheel out in his first few days so we'll see how it goes this time. Surely we will find a half decent manager at some point so hopefully Parky is the man. 

I also notice they've gone from almost 8,500 season tickets sold to more than 8,500 season tickets sold. Not very specific but at least it's going in the right direction.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know - I really do know - that this will only agitate several people once again but I do find it strange the ST's response to his appointment.

This is their official statement (issued THREE days after his appointment) -

It is with great pleasure that the BWFCST now welcome Phil Parkinson to the football club. We hope that he can join with us and all interested parties in forging a bright future for the club and its community.

http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/bwfcst-welcomes-phil-parkinson/

They've hardly gone overboard with putting the red carpet out for him have they!

Compare that with what they put out when Holdsworth and Anderson took over the club (ON the day of the sale of the club) -

BWFCST Steering Group would like to congratulate Dean Holdsworth and Sports Shield Consortium on their successful acquisition of BWFC, subject to approval from the Football League, and welcome Dean back to Bolton. BWFC supporters will have fond memories of Dean’s time with our club and hope that the new regime can galvanise all parties in pulling together and achieving the stability and success that we all crave.

Undoubtedly, supporters will ask what this now means for the BWFCST. Suffice it to say that Dean has already reached out to the Trust and has had early contact with the Steering Group regarding the establishment of a positive relationship. To see the owner and Supporters’ Trust working together towards achieving success both on and off the field should be viewed as a positive and is hopefully the start of a new chapter in the long and proud history of our club.

The Steering Group will continue to work towards full establishment of the BWFCST whilst now looking towards developing a positive and effective relationship to assist and encourage the club’s new owner wherever possible. This relationship will always be with the primary aim of providing a democratic and representative voice for the BWFC supporters and strengthening the bonds between the club and the communities which it serves. The value of BWFC in the wider Bolton community is a vital part of the success of that community and the BWFCST will look towards achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running and ownership of the club.

Once again, welcome back to Dean and his team and let’s all try to move forward together.

http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/bwfcst-welcome-dean-holdsworth-sports-shield/

Yes I know people will say that the ST can't win whatever they do with me - but put that to one side for a minute - their statement is honestly not the warmest welcome in the world is it?

And yes I know you can say Nuts didn't even issue a welcome at all - but we aren't a body set up specifically to give the fans a 'voice'!

I just thought personally the ST's 'welcome' was very luke warm at best and possibly somewhat begrudgingly given somehow.

Just my opinion.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Consider me agitated. Sick to death of hearing about the ST and all the conspiracy theories whether they are true or not. I don't give a shit about the ST. Just care about what's going to happen on the pitch on Saturday afternoons next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum