Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Empty Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Sun Jun 19 2016, 15:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Holdsworth has confirmed Peter Reid’s exit at Wanderers.

The 59-year-old Burnden Park legend, who was brought in to assist Jimmy Phillips at the end of last season, has now officially left the Macron.

Reid was one of the front runners to succeed Neil Lennon and had been tipped to work alongside a younger coach such as Neil McDonald, Kevin Nolan or Kevin Philips.

But after the Whites opted to bring in Phil Parkinson and his backroom from Bradford City, Reid – who had previously been hired on a consultancy basis, rather than a fixed contract – was free to move on.

“On behalf of everyone at the club, I’d like to thank Peter for all his help and effort,” said co-owner Holdsworth.

“It was a pleasure to be able to work with him and his opinions and values on the game are fantastic. He’s been great for the club and we’re delighted to have had the opportunity to work with him. He’ll remain a close friend of myself and club.”

The future of academy boss Phillips is also under discussion, with a decision yet to be made on whether Wanderers will step down to a category three youth system, which would make his role part-time.

Source

2Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Empty Re: Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Sun Jun 19 2016, 17:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
The future of academy boss Phillips is also under discussion, with a decision yet to be made on whether Wanderers will step down to a category three youth system, which would make his role part-time.

Downgrading to Cat 3 would be little short of a disaster and I can't see JP hanging around if that happens. Some reward for a fantastic servant of the club, huh?

3Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Empty Re: Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Sun Jun 19 2016, 17:49

It seems a bit daft to me that we spent all that money on the academy for years (but continued to piss money away on bringing in average players on daft wages instead of bringing the yoof players through) and now that we actually could do with a decent academy set-up......it's being dismantled.

Crazy.

4Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Empty Re: Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Sun Jun 19 2016, 17:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i agree Lusty, i would rather they spent the money they've spent on buying back office space on the academy. Doesn't make sense to me

5Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Empty Re: Wanderers confirm Peter Reid exit Sun Jun 19 2016, 18:32

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dowgrading the academy at all was dumb given how little it actually costs in terms of overall expenditures by the club. Downgrading it again when we need it most would be suicidally stupid imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum