Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - Pratley in talks with QPR

+8
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
Norpig
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

WANDERERS have given the go-ahead for club captain Darren Pratley to discuss a move to QPR.

Ken Anderson gave Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s Championship side the green light to speak with Pratley after they made an official approach at the end of last week.

It is not yet known whether a fee will be involved in the deal or whether the Hoops will simply take on the contract he signed last summer.

QPR have had to balance their own books in the last few weeks, selling Leroy Fer to Swansea City and potentially moving on Matt Phillips to West Brom.

Other higher earners such as Rob Green, Nedum Onuoha and Sandro are also being touted around to lighten the financial burden on the club.

But Hasselbaink wants to bring in his own men and is known to rate Pratley despite his struggles at Wanderers in recent times.

The 30-year-old Londoner was linked with a move to Loftus Road 12 months ago but stayed in the North West to sign a new three-year deal, which also saw him appointed as the new skipper by former boss Neil Lennon.

Pratley is currently with the Wanderers squad in Sweden but Wanderers may allow him to fly back to conclude the deal, which is currently being dealt with by his representatives.

Signed by Owen Coyle on a Bosman from Swansea City in 2011, Pratley is one of the longest-serving players on the books at the Macron Stadium but has two relegations on his Bolton CV and could benefit from a fresh start.

Despite wearing the armband for the last 12 months and remaining loyal to the club, he has struggled to win over supporters and said at the end of last season that he would remain a Bolton player “until the club tells me otherwise.”

Pratley is among the biggest earners in the Wanderers squad but his salary is less than half the top earners still weighing down QPR in the Championship.

Hasselbaink is aiming to improve the athleticism and physicality in his team next season as he tries to launch a Premier League push and hopes to reignite the goal scoring form Pratley showed before signing for the Whites.

A deal would also prove highly beneficial for Phil Parkinson, who is keen to strengthen other areas of his squad and is already well-stocked in central midfield with the likes of Josh Vela, Liam Trotter, Mark Davies and Jay Spearing.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14599925.Bolton_Wanderers_captain_Darren_Pratley_to_discuss_move_to_Queens_Park_Rangers/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody Hell, is that soft fuckwit Liam Trotter still at the club?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

One Tony Fernandez there's only one Tony Fernandez, 
I've sent him a highlights real of Mark Davies too, and the good news is it won't take him long to watch it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd keep Pratley, he has an engine. Pretty limited ability but an engine in midfield is important. Can't see any of the other lazy fuckers working their socks off.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd keep Pratley, he has an engine. Pretty limited ability but an engine in midfield is important. Can't see any of the other lazy fuckers working their socks off.
BELL END  :rofl:

Yes let's keep paying him £18k a week

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

I didn't mention money, I was thinking purely about the team which is all I care about.

Pratley is our only engine, if he could rediscover his shooting boots he'd be worth having.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We cant afford to keep him. Regardless of the workhorse he is. We can get another work horse for a fraction of the price.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We cant afford to keep him.  Regardless of the workhorse he is.  We can get another work horse for a fraction of the price.

Who?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We cant afford to keep him.  Regardless of the carthorse he is.  We can get another carthorse for a fraction of the price.
Sorted it for you BTID

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've not looked at who is available, but i'm sure there will be.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When Trotter came back from Forest he was much more effective than Pratley.

Absolute no-brainer save the wages and invest in 3 or 4 players we need. BTID is right you don't need to pay £18k a week for a league 1 workhorse.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

I didn't mention money, I was thinking purely about the team which is all I care about.

Pratley is our only engine, if he could rediscover his shooting boots he'd be worth having.

Five seasons at the club, a total of about 6 months where he played quite well, yes we should definitely keep him just in case.

Stop sticking up for this arsehole just because nobody else does.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes at last, proof there is indeed a higher power up there, thank you God  Very Happy

Now if you have any spare time can you have a look at a couple of others in our squad....

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes Mark Davies please, out of the high earning midfielders if we were keeping one it would be Spearing for me and make him captain.
If we can get Pratley and Davies (£36k per week) off the books along with some deadwood Wilkinson and Pisano and hold out for 2 or 3 million up front for Holding. There could be even better to come.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:Yes Mark Davies please, out of the high earning midfielders if we were keeping one it would be Spearing for me and make him captain.
If we can get Pratley and Davies (£36k per week) off the books along with some deadwood Wilkinson and Pisano and hold out for 2 or 3 million up front for Holding. There could be even better to come.
Yeah, like that worked last time.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:Yes Mark Davies please, out of the high earning midfielders if we were keeping one it would be Spearing for me and make him captain.
Yeah, like that worked last time.
Yes things improved immeasurably when we gave it to Pratley instead, the stupid clause we had with Liverpool to me explains why he was never played for sustained periods and certainly why he was shipped out to Blackburn.
Now that slate is completely cleared I would like to see him as a mainstay in the team, certainly if we are looking for leadership Prately, Davies wouldn't even get a look in.

Dershite should be next out

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I question his professionalism - not that the example I would expect from a leader I would want to follow (unless of course I was an overpaid pounce who was only here at the club for as much money I could make!).

BREAKING NEWS - Pratley in talks with QPR 3240617

The recently-appointed club captain was pictured revelling at a party in the luxurious Ocean Beach resort just 24 hours after the 1-0 defeat to Leeds United, which left the club three points adrift in the Championship relegation zone.

Players had been given two days off by the club but the fact Spearing was snapped on a sunshine getaway angered fans, who registered their discontent to The Bolton News.

One point in 15 and our captain is living it up in Ibiza,” wrote Wanderers fan Daniel West.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11451926.Bolton_Wanderers_launch_internal_investigation_over_Jay_Spearing_holiday_snap/?ref=var_0

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't hold with all this thought process where if things aren't going well on the pitch their whole life gets put under the spotlight. At the end of the day they are still young men who will do what young men do, but within the parameters of being a professional athlete.
That picture just shows him having a laugh with a mate, he is not popping NOS capsules or lay in a gutter with a litre and a half bottle of designer vodka.
When things are bad on the pitch and the pressure is building sometimes a couple of days blow-out can do the world of good as long as it is within the constraints of being a professional sportsman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum