Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Past Posters

+13
jayjay23
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
largehat
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Lyric Todkill
aaron_bwfc
Keegan
doffcocker
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Past Posters Empty Past Posters Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:48 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I should have done this thread a while ago when I was asking about Diana Prince but nevermind.

I always enjoyed posts by Rivals_Refugee on Burnden Aces but he hasn't written for a long long time. He never left an anti-Gary Megson thread untouched, and he liked to put the BKD bummers in their place. So, everything I look for in a poster.

Which posters do you miss?

2Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I liked Didledee - funny lad. He never met a GIF he didn't like.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

3Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:08 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Aye Didle was a funny guy, what ever happened to him?

4Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:Aye Didle was a funny guy, what ever happened to him?

on ww

5Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

So many posters I wish could turn up on Bolton Nuts.

I did the decent thing and didn't plunder Burnden Aces after Manny dumped me, so left several good posters behind, many of whom seemed to have packed in posting there after we left anyway!

Dave may not always have been politically correct but he certainly made me laugh regularly. Jamster had an innocence and honesty to him which I always liked, and I often found myself agreeing with Westander and Gareth Williams too.

Funnily enough Didle had just finished a months ban on ww and Rivals Refuge (George) had left that site some months earler when we were in the early days of getting 'Nuts' going so I sent them both a pm saying that if ww did not care for them, that they would be more than welcome on here - unfortunately ww pm's system being what it was neither of them ever got my message.

As we set up this forum - which was originally going to be called 'Bolton Trotters', the owner of ww found out about our intent and bought up the domain name to try and stop us - how fucking sad was that!

Anyway he banned me from using the pm system on ww because we publicly ridiculed him and asked the pertinent question of 'Would you trust such a person to do business with if this is how he behaves in real life?'

When he 'switched' off my pm facility he came across these two invites which were now weeks old and decided that not only was I banned from using that service again but I could no longer post on there again without him or his mods reading what I had to post first!

Suffice to say I've never bothered with him or ww since.

However Didle and Divals / George (and also Traf and Diana/NB) would be very welcome additions to this site if ever they wished to be so.

Anyway we've already got loads of cracking posters on here already - but there is always room for more - so spread the word and get your friends and family to sign up and join in the fun with us all!

6Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Traf, Diana, Squidgy, BWFCBob, Woofy66 were all good posters.

7Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I've sent Diddles a message on fb

8Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I liked Diddles and I also forgot about Jamster ( an innocent abroad )

9Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:05 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It would be great to see Diddles here, to be fair.

10Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:51 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree Jamster is a nice guy and would be a welcome addition to this board. There's a lot of people on these forums that are so angry and full of themselves that they can't just write what they think without making it an attack on other posters. Basically, we've got too many football fans and not enough human beings.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Howfen_White.

11Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Howfen is a good call - if anybody knows him please recommend this site to him - thanks.

Doff - how about getting your dad to post on here?

12Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:14 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker - If you think there are too many posters on a forum whose posts you dislike, you should seriously consider stopping visiting the forum, rather than making snide comments.

13Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:31 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:doffcocker - If you think there are too many posters on a forum whose posts you dislike, you should seriously consider stopping visiting the forum, rather than making snide comments.

Why? I don't need to appreciate what other posters write to get something out of forums. Sometimes it's just good to vent.

14Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

He browses and keeps saying he'll sign up. I'll keep mithering.

15Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:51 pm

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
largehat wrote:doffcocker - If you think there are too many posters on a forum whose posts you dislike, you should seriously consider stopping visiting the forum, rather than making snide comments.

Why? I don't need to appreciate what other posters write to get something out of forums. Sometimes it's just good to vent.

Fair enough. No idea what forums, or posters on those forums you were referring to, but if I suggested that football fans were somehow sub-human, as you did, I'd be accused of being up my own arse.

16Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 am

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
Fair enough. No idea what forums, or posters on those forums you were referring to, but if I suggested that football fans were somehow sub-human, as you did, I'd be accused of being up my own arse.

First of all, I should say I've been posting on hundreds of different forums for a good few years and made ten times as many enemies. So for you to take what I said as a "snide" remark aimed at you is wrong.

I didn't say that football fans were sub-human. I was implying that football brings out the colder, less human side in a lot of us.

17Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:24 am

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
First of all, I should say I've been posting on hundreds of different forums for a good few years and made ten times as many enemies. So for you to take what I said as a "snide" remark aimed at you is wrong.

I didn't think you meant me - like I said in my last post, I don't know what forums or posters you were referring to. I was trying to suggest to you that if certain posters make forums shit by constantly insulting people, you shouldn't get involved by retorting with the aforementioned snide remarks.

doffcocker wrote:
I didn't say that football fans were sub-human. I was implying that football brings out the colder, less human side in a lot of us.

I see.

18Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:40 am

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

From what I've seen...

He's a night stalker who isn't bothered about posting on threads about killing people, or who's got the biggest cock.. etc.

Put a thread up about Wing Wizard Willie Morgan, that might entice him. Very Happy

19Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 am

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Howfen is a good call - if anybody knows him please recommend this site to him - thanks.

Last time I heard he is a big contributor, and possibly a mod, to the Mavies site

20Past Posters Empty Re: Past Posters Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:07 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In a game of opinions where people try and argue their case you'll always get that sense of "know it alls" even when it's probably not true.

I know i piss people off sometimes, but I'm certainly not a know a all, just like to argue my side of the story if it's up for discussion.

as for other posters i was a big fan of Howfen, I also like Woody on BB. Apart from that i certainly don't "miss" anyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum