Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fresh start driving Taylor on at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Frustration will drive Chris Taylor on to be a success with Wanderers.

Disillusioned at the lack of faith shown in him by Blackburn Rovers and disappointed by a play-off final defeat at Millwall, the 29-year-old summer signing arrives at the Macron in a mean mood.

A genuine wide-man with a gem of a left foot, Taylor has already shown in flashes during pre-season he could be an instant hit with Whites fans.

And after sampling some tough times in football over the last 12 months, the former Oldham Athletic winger is now determined to make the best of his move to Bolton.

“It has been a strange year for me,” he told The Bolton News. “I suppose that’s life – sometimes it just doesn’t go for you.

“I don’t feel like I got enough of an opportunity at Blackburn and when I did play I felt I did well enough to stay in.

“Regular players got their chance week in week out. But if I didn’t play well once, I was out of the team.

“I got sent off in the FA Cup against West Ham and that was the end of me, really. I was having a decent game as well.

“That led on to the loan move at Millwall, which was great except for losing the play-off final against Barnsley.

“I still can’t believe they didn’t go up. It’s a really decent team.

“So it has been a mixed bag for me, really, but I’ve moved on and now look at this move as a fresh start. Bolton could be good for me and I’d like to think I can be good for them too.”

Phil Parkinson has been a long-time admirer of Taylor and beat off competition from a number of League One clubs to make him his first signing as Wanderers manager in early July.

The new boss wants to introduce more width to the midfield – and the prospect of wingers pacing the touchlines once again has gone down well with the Whites fans.

But Parkinson’s main task this pre-season has been to establish some organisation in the squad he inherited. And Taylor believes it could take time before he gets things completely his own way.

“I think players are buying into what he is asking,” he said. “He wants a real work-rate, team effort, team spirit, so it has been very hard but hopefully we can get the rewards from that.

“There is a lot of quality in the squad and even though I’m a new player to the fans I know quite a bit about some of the lads. I’ve played with Liam Trotter, Ben Amos, Jay Spearing and Mark Beevers and been around quite a while now so you get to know how people work.

“It’s the same with the gaffer. I think he can turn this into a really good team. It might take some time but in time I think we’ll have something the fans can be proud of.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum