Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers boss Parkinson says it's time to perk up

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has challenged his side to keep the good times rolling in League One.

Last weekend’s thrilling victory over Sheffield United was tempered slightly by the disappointment of a cup exit at Blackpool in midweek but the Wanderers boss will not stand for sulking.

Parkinson will welcome Zach Clough back into his squad to face AFC Wimbledon at the Cherry Red Records Stadium tomorrow but has challenged the Whites to put their midweek frustrations immediately behind them to chalk up a second successive win – something they haven’t done from the start of the season in 15 years.

“It’s a test for us now,” he told The Bolton News. “Things didn’t go how we wanted them (at Blackpool) but now it’s time to roll our sleeves up and go again because you have got to be tough in this league, there is no time for feeling sorry for yourselves.“We have two tough away games now. But I have been pleased with the effort shown in both games, so we’re looking okay.”

The mood among supporters both at the Macron last weekend and at Bloomfield Road in midweek has also been significantly raised.

Parkinson appreciates there is plenty of remedial work to be done to fully mend the relationship with fans, which was stretched to breaking point on several occasions last season.

But he is reluctant to take centre stage in the efforts to rebuild bridges and has told his players they must prove themselves worthy of the improved backing they have received in the last seven days.

“It’s not a PR exercise for me, the team represents what I am about, my talking gets done on the pitch,” he said.

“We need that connection between the players and the supporters but it only comes from the manner of the performances.

“You can say anything you want to say but we’ve got to do our talking on the pitch.

“I look forward to a time when the supporters see a team they can connect with but we know it won’t happen overnight.

“It’s my job now and throughout the season to mend that relationship.”

Andrew Taylor could come in for his debut on the left side of defence at Wimbledon while David Wheater and Lewis Buxton are due to return to the starting line-up. Derik Osede is out with a groin strain.

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Keep the good times rolling"????
After a narrow home win against a League 1 side and conceding 4 against a League 2 side, Iles wants shooting for comments like that.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:"Keep the good times rolling"????
After a narrow home win against a League 1 side and conceding 4 against a League 2 side, Iles wants shooting for comments like that.
Why wait that long? But then again if you ask Gary "Goal Machine" Madine to shoot him then Iles is going to live forever anyway! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum