Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jesus Wept.

+11
Copper Dragon
Number8bus
xmiles
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Bollotom2014
whatsgoingon
gloswhite
Norpig
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jesus Wept. Empty Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 02:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've hardly been on the site for the last few days and all hell as broken lose, so let me start to try and pick up the pieces.

Let me try to set the scene first and take you through a few of the things you probably don't know.

Nuts was founded by three of us, one of whom was Natasha.

To grow the site it was felt it would be a good idea to have a few fake accounts to get things moving.  I wasn't too keen about doing that but let it go on the proviso that the fake accounts only posted 'in fun'.

Unfortunately they did not stay at posting in fun and the accounts started to get abusive to genuine posters and to cut a long story short I insisted that the fake accounts were closed - and they were.

However this led to discontent behind the scenes and attempted coups to 'oust' me and the other founder, in order that someone could do as they pleased on here - posts were removed, threads were deleted and even posters banned - and something needed to be done.

The spark was Bread and his dislike of Scott.  

Scott 'attacked' Bread for reasons I never understood and Bread was determined to get him banned - and for a while he was.  Scott set home on BA.

However when Bread went over to Burnden Aces gloating and braging about he had got the mods to ban him, it didn't sit right with me.  Indeed the ban came about partly due to Bread threatening to leave the site if Scott wasn't banned and I was never comfortable with pandering to threats - the rights and wrongs of the matter needed to be weighed - and the right course of action should always flow from there.

After a reasonable time and with a pledge of acting reasonably from Scott I persuaded my fellow mods to reinstate him - which Bread did not like in the least.

My nemesis behind the scene's decide to have a bit of fun and 'play' Bread by convincing him I was some sort of control freak - not too difficult to believe I guess as I'm accused of all sorts from several who have crossed swords with me in the past - and sought his help in once again to get rid of me (and by implication of his previous attempts, the other founder and mods), so that he had full control over the whole of the site.

Well things didn't go to plan, I and the other founder and the mods are still here, but Admin and Mod rights were removed (by a unanimous decision by the rest who run Nuts) from the miscreant.

Bread apologised profusely and I took the decision to draw a line under everything and move on - rather than banning them both for good, which I'm sure any other site owner on any other forum would have done.

The first thing I did on removing the former founders privileges (in agreement with the other founder) was to extend the 'ownership' of the site to three other people - Biggie, BTID and Karly - giving them the same rights and say as myself and the other founder.

The site is NOT owned by me, it never has been, there where three of us originally and now there are five.

Although Bread may have apologised to me he clearly hasn't forgot about me bringing Scott back had he's consistently sniped at me since

All this bullshit (and that is exactly what it is) about me turning a blind eye to this, that or the other, simply to keep post counts up, or having an hatred for Mike Smith and the ST, or any other of the many, many sly little digs he sends my way are simply not true - but if you say something for long enough people do tend to start to believe them.

There never has been any debates, questions, disagreement or whatever else behind the scenes about any of the constant negative drivel Bread accused me of.

If you doubt me about any of the above please feel free to seek independent confirmation from Biggie, BTID or Karly at anytime (the other original member still wishes to remain anonymous).

Well that's the background so what exactly happened recently.

Although I said above all fake accounts where removed from the site, I perhaps should be more precise by saying all 'known' fake accounts had been removed - there are no doubt fake accounts on here that we suspect but cannot prove.

It would seem that the triumvirate of Bread, Scott and Boggars have been linked together in one way or another since then, and have gone through a series of phases such as from the bumchum v nonbumchums (or whatever it is they called themselves) to more recently the (non) charity donation arguement.

Bread clearly thinks one or both of the other posters are fake - and he may well be right about that.

However how do you mod an argument between two sides that can't be proven either way?

You have to allow both to continue OR you stop both from posting.

Well it looks as though the die as now been cast.

Bread as walked off and Scott and Boggars banned.

We will obviously be much quitter from now on, maybe the blow will be terminal to Nuts but at least the place will be a lot more less nasty from now on.

Shame but there we are.

Hard to believe we are all grown men and women.

2Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 08:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

are Boggers and Scott banned indefinitely?

3Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 09:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What a state to get into, having to ban grown men for making comments on a forum. Shocked

Thanks for letting us know Sluffy, I for one don't have a clue what's going on in the background, and (naively, even at 66), think the best of everyone.
I think the loss of Breaders may well change the 'feel' of the forum, and not necessarily for the better, although we will survive. Handcuff him, and bring him back Very Happy

4Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 10:15

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I also prefer to work on the I get on with someone until I don't approach and genuinely enjoyed coming on here, but since Brexit there has been a division on here and Breadman was a leading player in the split and adopted a very bitter attitude to lash out at everybody and anything that didn't agree with him. There were some very negative and nasty exchanges at that point and that seemed then to spill over into other subjects and eventually every thread became a sniping contest.
It will be interesting to see what happens now because people like you and others who I haven't interacted with as much but seem to contribute properly might post more and the quality may well rise.

5Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 10:38

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I enjoy coming on here most of the time but it can get a bit wearing having to trawl through a lot of posts to even get to understand what the particular thread is about.
   I'm also on a military website which for obvious reasons is quite heavily modded, to the extent a member can be "Thread banned"  or banned for a period of time from a day to weeks,so that vitriolic abuse doesn't get a chance to flower.
   Let's hope things begin to improve as it would be a shame to have the site go to the wall.

6Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 11:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Hard to believe we are all grown men and women.

This.

7Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 13:20

What a mess, surprised it's gone off like this but BoggerScott have been stalking Bread incessantly for the last few months so I suppose he'd had enough. Although they're both entirely harmless, it does get really boring reading the patter between them on every thread.

Scott should never have been allowed back onto the site IMO, it was never going to end well.

Hopefully Bread and Barb come back on, it's been a long, long time since there was a decent discussion about the football on this forum. This season could actually get us talking about Bolton again.

8Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 13:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:What a mess, surprised it's gone off like this but BoggerScott have been stalking Bread incessantly for the last few months so I suppose he'd had enough. Although they're both entirely harmless, it does get really boring reading the patter between them on every thread.

Scott should never have been allowed back onto the site IMO, it was never going to end well.

Hopefully Bread and Barb come back on, it's been a long, long time since there was a decent discussion about the football on this forum. This season could actually get us talking about Bolton again.
Totally agree with this.

9Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 13:31

Just reading through the comments I don't think anything's got more 'nasty' on here - we've had far more heated debates in the past than the Brexit one and even the donation thread was tame considering what Boggers had done. 

Nothing has changed, it's just gone on too long and clearly Bread had enough. Internet feuds are all well and good but when you can't make a post without getting the same comments being made it compltely defeats the object of the site.

10Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 13:34

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy, do yourself a favor... bite the bullet and privately ask Bread and Barb to come back. They are some of the Bolton forums most entertaining posters and Nuts will be a far far less enjoyable place to visit without them. You can't rely on Whittam forever.

The other two twats contribute little but bile, admittedly in volume, but that can be found on any number of Wanderers forums. They're hardly unique.

Value your assets.

I may not offer a great deal to the site but as you know I'm on here every single day to read it.

11Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

one of the main reasons i came and stayed on this site was the banter, which in general is good for a laugh but it has been getting out of hand over the last few months.

I have to say i'm glad that Boggers and Scott have been banned, they brought nothing to the forum over than constant baiting of certain posters and trying to cause a ruck. They always seemed to team up to pick on people as well like a couple of school yard bullies (if they can still read this, i've told them both this in the past).

We need to attract some new blood to this forum, part of the reason i think people registered then never posted is probably because of the toxic cloud hanging over the forum for the last few months.

As i said banter is one of the things i love about this site but we have to know our limits and reign it in sometimes.

12Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 15:27

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with that pig I've had a laugh on here since I started posting and can even tolerate Nat now, but there haven't been any decent threads because they all degenerated into the same petty nonsense.
I was actually going to stop coming on myself because it was boring and inane, I wasn't going to do the big dramatic I'm leaving thread (Barb's was because of his comp I believe) just stopped visiting.

13Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 16:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Good riddance to Boggers and Scott. They contributed nothing and I hope they stay banned.

14Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 17:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:What a mess, surprised it's gone off like this but BoggerScott have been stalking Bread incessantly for the last few months so I suppose he'd had enough. Although they're both entirely harmless, it does get really boring reading the patter between them on every thread.

:like:

15Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 18:30

Number8bus

Number8bus
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

As long as it doesn't become a boring place like the Trotters Forever forum, I don't care who is banned. If adults get banned from a forum for being nobs, then so be it...

The sun is shining... no need for stress people...

16Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Tue Aug 16 2016, 20:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Number8bus wrote:The sun is shining... no need for stress people...

Very true is that.

17Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Wed Aug 17 2016, 00:36

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Good riddance to Boggers and Scott. They contributed nothing and I hope they stay banned.

I don't know what's gone on, but this from xmiles absolutely.

A right couple of pathetic wasters.

18Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Wed Aug 17 2016, 13:19

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman will be back under his real name as Bread woman.

19Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Wed Aug 17 2016, 13:56

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggers and Scott made the chuckle brothers look funny. They will both be able to get a job in a circus. Clowns.

20Jesus Wept. Empty Re: Jesus Wept. Wed Aug 17 2016, 14:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mark leach wrote:Boggers and Scott made the chuckle brothers look funny. They will both be able to get a job in a circus. Clowns.
I nearly got a job as a clown,but my feet weren't big enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum