Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smithills Coaching House shut down and partly to be demolished!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Comes as a bit of a shock to have just heard of this.

I always liked the Coaching House for a meal but I guess things must have changed over the years.

For exiles like me the story is here -

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/9807534.Historic_Coaching_House_could_be_partly_demolished_to_make_way_for_houses/?ref=mr

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had many a happy meal in there. They used to do a black pudding starter which was delicious.

I went to the Last drop village a few months ago and the pub there was bloody closed as well!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:Had many a happy meal in there.

Smithills Coaching House shut down and partly to be demolished! Mcdonalds

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Food starting going down hill about 10 years and, to be fair, it was just a matter of time, before something needed doing.

But the building is a Grade 2 Listed building meaning that some alterations can take place. Also have to take into account here that Cllr Clifford Morris (Leader of Bolton Council) has/had a vested interested in the business, so any planning consent could possibly go smoothly through - but less said about him the better!!!!

If anything, I would rather have seen it sold to a company who would keep the main restaurant, upgrade the menu's to more a-la-Carte. Use the minor restaurant as a rent-out-business for banqueting events such as Weddings etc and then use the small side as like a theme bar set around the period of the building and the area.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Last couple of times I've been in, it's been unbelievably poor. They don't do proper food anymore. It's all just dull shit, warmed up from frozen. It's a shame because it has bags of potential.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
If anything, I would rather have seen it sold to a company who would keep the main restaurant, upgrade the menu's to more a-la-Carte. Use the minor restaurant as a rent-out-business for banqueting events such as Weddings etc and then use the small side as like a theme bar set around the period of the building and the area.

This.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum