Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anderson on the club's transfer activities.

+9
scottjames30
Bread2.0
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A note from the chairman reflecting on the club's late activity in the summer transfer window

Reflecting following the closure of the summer transfer window, chairman Ken Anderson has been pleased with the business conducted by Wanderers.

Speaking to the club in the wake of deadline day on Wednesday, he said, “It has been a very busy transfer window with a number of highs and lows.

“I would however like to say a huge thank you to Phil Parkinson, Tim Breacker, Lee Anderson, Paul Aldridge and Simon Marland for burning the midnight oil for days leading up to and including deadline day.

“We were able to bring in a total of five new players on the day itself with James Henry, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Alnwick, Keshi Anderson and Tom Thorpe all arriving at Macron Stadium.

“Those five players were brought in to give the squad a better balance and give cover for our extensive injury list, but everyone is happy that we have managed to strengthen the team as a whole.”

He continued: “In the process, we rejected a number of approaches and enquiries for several players right up to the last minute, but the priority was always to keep the key members of the squad together and improve it rather than cash in.

“This season’s aim is to do whatever we can to try and get promoted, but at the same time, work with a plan to build a sustainable financial foundation going forward.

“We are still working under the restraints of the transfer embargo, but are working closely with the EFL to do whatever is possible within those restraints.

“Obviously, we were disappointed to have to release several players, but the manager thought that they would develop more by playing games and with the exception of Kaiyne Woolery, they are all loans and hopefully will return at the end of their temporary spells all the better for the experience of getting regular games under their belts.

“Now that the transfer window has closed however, our player focus will now move towards strengthening our Under-23 and development squad and looking towards the future.”

Read more at http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/chairman-ken-anderson-on-the-clubs-transfer-activity-3285781.aspx#3vmyF7SreQeQOx7p.99

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Thanks Sluffy.

A chairman who speaks eh? I have a short memory... Did we used to get feedback like this? Albeit we didn't really learn anything new.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:Thanks Sluffy.

A chairman who speaks eh? I have a short memory... Did we used to get feedback like this? Albeit we didn't really learn anything new.

What you would expect from a real Chairman and not just some local failed businessman who got lucky and ended up running a football club (into the ground). Clear and concise communication from Anderson to the faithful fans without actually telling them anything. What more could us plebs ask for?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it's a refreshing change from the bunker mentality Gartside and Uncle Eddie used to have.

I was dubious at KA when he first came in, probably because he looked like a second hand car salesman, but he is doing things the right way and we seem to be heading in the right direction for the first time in years

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just a snippet from a poster on JA606 - I can't find the original broadcast -

"Caught the back end of k anderson interview on radio mcr in the taxi. Ka a private man does not want to be on radio or tv every week. Accounts are ready to go. Ok re salary cap now. Club not for sale but been dialogue with a middle east investor and chinese investor. If go up will need extra investment. Account to be submitted from davies era won't make good reading".

Would be interesting to hear the full interview - anybody else catch it?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Just a snippet from a poster on JA606 - I can't find the original broadcast -

"Caught the back end of k anderson interview on radio mcr in the taxi. Ka a private man does not want to be on radio or tv every week. Accounts are ready to go. Ok re salary cap now. Club not for sale but been dialogue with a middle east investor and chinese investor. If go up will need extra investment. Account to be submitted from davies era won't make good reading".

Would be interesting to hear the full interview - anybody else catch it?

https://audioboom.com/boos/5007679-the-bwfc-chairman-ken-anderson-we-ve-turned-the-corner/embed/v4?image_option=full&link_color=%2355ACEE&source=twitter_card&utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=card&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thank you.

Ten minutes of very interesting listening.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:"Account to be submitted from davies era won't make good reading".
I don't think that's surprising Sluffy - it's fairly standard practice to use the previous administration as as a vehicle for tying up loose ends and writing off stuff as far as is legally possible. And with the previous admin having buried their heads in the sand as regards debt, they could pretty much put anything in there and it wouldn't be questioned. I imagine KA has cleared out the skeletons in the cupboard and dumped them firmly in last year's accounts, so with a bit of luck a line will be drawn under our recent past and we can move on with the decks cleared.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
I don't think that's surprising Sluffy - it's fairly standard practice to use the previous administration as as a vehicle for tying up loose ends and writing off stuff as far as is legally possible. And with the previous admin having buried their heads in the sand as regards debt, they could pretty much put anything in there and it wouldn't be questioned. I imagine KA has cleared out the skeletons in the cupboard and dumped them firmly in last year's accounts, so with a bit of luck a line will be drawn under our recent past and we can move on with the decks cleared.

:facepalm:

I never said it was!

The accounts were already SEVEN MONTHS overdue before Anderson and Holdsworth even bought the club and I very much doubt a reputable audit company like Deloiette's would even dream of signing off the accounts for 2015 with anything being in them that shouldn't be.

Rolling Eyes

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought he came across as alright. Pretty much covered everything without any flannel which was nice to hear.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I never said it was!

I never said that you said it was - so get off my case and stop being a tosser every time I express an opinion. You're starting to get on my tits.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good interview. Very restrained and professional, clearly giving the impression that everything is under control. He did say that providing we get promoted this season (which is the target) we will need substantial inward investment if we are ever going to make a challenge to get back to the Premiership so whilst the club isn't for sale right now, Anderson implied that there may be foreign involvement at a later date. 

We need to get back to the Championship first though.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I never said it was!

I never said that you said it was - so get off my case and stop being a tosser every time I express an opinion. You're starting to get on my tits.

Do not question The Leader or His pronouncements!

Like all truly great men, The Leader does not do self-awareness, you should know that by now.

Do as he says and not as he does and we'll all get along fine.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I never said it was!

If you KNEW I hadn't said it then why did you address me then?  Why not address some other random poster instead?

It's fairly obvious from the vast number of times you do it, that you must skim read my posts, often get the complete wrong end of the stick about something and post complete nonsense accordingly.

How the hell can having to correct and refute these sort of replies to my posts from you to me, be getting on your 'case'?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

See....?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I never said it was!

If you KNEW I hadn't said it then why did you address me then?  Why not address some other random poster instead?

It's fairly obvious from the vast number of times you do it, that you must skim read my posts, often get the complete wrong end of the stick about something and post complete nonsense accordingly.

How the hell can having to correct and refute these sort of replies to my posts from you to me, be getting on your 'case'?

It was my thoughts in response to your post, hence your name.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I never said it was!

It maybe my post but I clearly stated that it was someone else's comments!

Why choose this particular post of mine for you to respond to me in name for the FIRST and ONLY time ever after all these years!

We both know you had not read my post properly (yet again) and jumped to the wrong conclusions.

Certainly not the first time and probably not the last either.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I never said it was!

It maybe my post but I clearly stated that it was someone else's comments!

Why choose this particular post of mine for you to respond to me in name for the FIRST and ONLY time ever after all these years!

We both know you had not read my post properly (yet again) and jumped to the wrong conclusions.

Certainly not the first time and probably not the last either.

FFS we are all adults here can we please stop the petty squabbles.

May have to dish out bans if not

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:
FFS we are all adults here can we please stop the petty squabbles.

May have to dish out bans if not

Totally agree.

I mean, Christ....it's only the internet, isn't it?

Why do some people take it so seriously?

Must be weak-minded.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum