Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Walsall 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #81

+14
Keegan
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
wessy
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
gloswhite
scottjames30
karlypants
rammywhite
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only see another fecking draw.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope for three points.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

From what I saw the other day, I'm expecting a draw, or even a defeat. However, at least the manager has recognised our shortcomings, and instead of waffling, has told the players what is expected. So hopefully, we'll manage a very close away win.
2-2 draw, (at least)

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pining your hopes on Clayton & Clough is not an option IMO.  If they play 20 games between them it will be a lot.  We have to keep looking in the next transfer window.  It's a shame but we have been here before with others ... Mavis is a prime example of course. Madine is barely much better...as far as being injured goes.  We can't afford to carry players anymore but I suppose we have to for now.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
True, but unfortunately Proctor can't control a football. Or stay on his feet.

Madine is the best of a very bad bunch.
Madine can't win a aerial contest and spends the majority of the game on his arse moaning at the ref, Proctor is a far better option.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Madine can't win a aerial contest and spends the majority of the game on his arse moaning at the ref, Proctor is a far better option.

Madine is rubbish, but he is far better than Proctor at holding the ball up - and that's the most important thing if Parkinson persists in playing this way.

No point having a target man if the ball bounces off him every time as it did on Saturday.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
No point having a target man if the ball bounces off him every time as it did on Saturday.
Proctor looked to be trying to play the ball on rather than hold it up, the problem was Anderson was too far away to run on to the flicks.

It was the first time they had played together so hopefully the understanding will come.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Walsall drawing away at Bristol

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Madine wins plenty of knock on's i think he is our best header of the ball outside the box, but when he needs  accuracy he lacks the class to put them away. No problem with Wilson getting the nod, but i do think the witch hunt crew are revving up again, Moxey dropped so who can we have a pop at next how about Buxton. Not defending him just saying it's what fans do.

In terms of Henry i think he gives us much more in terms of attack, and will improve us so far i like what i see. Ameobe obviously is a class above so lets see more of him please.

Anderson is young so expect him to be inconsistent.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:No problem with Wilson getting the nod, but i do think the witch hunt crew are revving up again, Moxey dropped so who can we have a pop at next how about Buxton. Not defending him just saying it's what fans do.

In terms of Henry i think he gives us much more in terms of attack, and will improve us so far i like what i see. Ameobe obviously is a class above so lets see more of him please.

It's not a witch hunt, these "footballers" are paid fortunes to play football. So their standards should be higher than those of a Sunday league player.

Buxton was awful on Saturday, he should be dropped. Picking him again is like saying to these players that pisspoor performances will be accepted.

Regarding Henry, I just don't see it. I thought he was anonymous on Saturday, I can't think of a single shot, cross or forward pass by the guy.

Ameobi doesn't strike me as the type of player who is going to give you 90 minutes of good football. He's a 15 minute man at the end of the game when you're going to plan B. The fact he's started about 11 games in 3 years suggests we're not going to get a lot from him.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wessy wrote:Madine wins plenty of knock on's i think he is our best header of the ball outside the box, but when he needs  accuracy he lacks the class to put them away. No problem with Wilson getting the nod, but i do think the witch hunt crew are revving up again, Moxey dropped so who can we have a pop at next how about Buxton. Not defending him just saying it's what fans do.

I don't do witch hunts and am against singling players out but that doesn't mean that when someone isn't doing there job properly we shouldn't comment and discuss it on a forum.
In my opinion Buxton isn't as good a right back as Wilson who ironically fell victim to the hate mob himself.
I think in terms of defending he isn't naturally intelligent so doesn't instinctively get himself into the right position, in his defence I would say that the diamond we are playing leaves him exposed because the midfield is very narrow.
My problem with him is that when he does get into good positions overlapping going forward is crosses are usually delayed and poor quality, always lofted and floated usually too close to the keeper, Wilson is better in that area of play as he will get the ball in earlier and is prepared to mix it up by driving some in low and hard.
So for that reason I would like to see Wilson in at RB, on the other side overall I think Moxey gets singled out unfairly but have to say that he has again suffered from being exposed by our lack of width supporting from midfield, but he has looked very nervous recently so it is worth giving Taylor a go as he looks decent going forward.
In terms of going forward Madine is certainly better than Proctor because he holds in position centrally where Proctor keeps going missing out wide, I think we need to play a bit wider going forward with Henry and ideally Ameobi playing as wingers when we're attacking, they can tuck in when we haven't got the ball but the talk of PP teams playing with wingers doesn't look true to me because one of the first things he seems to have done is narrow the width of the pitch which doesn't send out a signal that he wants to play with wide men to me.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I should be feeling confident about this game but I'm not. Wozzle don't have great players but they can defend against mediocrity all day long so unless we improve on recent performances I'm thinking a draw at best with Scunny moving to the top of the league with a game in hand after they beat Shrewbury.
But...we could become good all of a sudden.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:I should be feeling confident about this game but I'm not. Wozzle don't have great players but they can defend against mediocrity all day long so unless we improve on recent performances I'm thinking a draw at best with Scunny moving to the top of the league with a game in hand after they beat Shrewbury.
How is it certain that Scunny will beat Shrewsbury? you seem to know an awful lot without actually knowing anything.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Trevor Kettle takes the whistle for Walsall trip

Trevor Kettle will oversee Wanderers’ trip to Walsall this weekend.

An experienced official having run the rule over his first Football League fixture in August 2003, the Rutland-based referee has taken charge of three Whites fixtures in the past including last season's away clash with Huddersfield Town.

Mr Kettle refereed his first match of the season last weekend, dishing out five yellow card in Stevenage's 2-1 victory over Crawley Town, while he handed out 108 yellow cards and 10 red card in 31 outings last season.

Gavin Muge and Duncan Street will run the line, while Ravel Cheosiaua is the fourth official.

Last Season (2015/16): Games: 31 | Yellows: 108 | Red: 10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

whatsgoingon wrote:
wessy wrote:Madine wins plenty of knock on's i think he is our best header of the ball outside the box, but when he needs  accuracy he lacks the class to put them away. No problem with Wilson getting the nod, but i do think the witch hunt crew are revving up again, Moxey dropped so who can we have a pop at next how about Buxton. Not defending him just saying it's what fans do.

I don't do witch hunts and am against singling players out but that doesn't mean that when someone isn't doing there job properly we shouldn't comment and discuss it on a forum.
In my opinion Buxton isn't as good a right back as Wilson who ironically fell victim to the hate mob himself.
I think in terms of defending he isn't naturally intelligent so doesn't instinctively get himself into the right position, in his defence I would say that the diamond we are playing leaves him exposed because the midfield is very narrow.
My problem with him is that when he does get into good positions overlapping going forward is crosses are usually delayed and poor quality, always lofted and floated usually too close to the keeper, Wilson is better in that area of play as he will get the ball in earlier and is prepared to mix it up by driving some in low and hard.
So for that reason I would like to see Wilson in at RB, on the other side overall I think Moxey gets singled out unfairly but have to say that he has again suffered from being exposed by our lack of width supporting from midfield, but he has looked very nervous recently so it is worth giving Taylor a go as he looks decent going forward.
In terms of going forward Madine is certainly better than Proctor because he holds in position centrally where Proctor keeps going missing out wide, I think we need to play a bit wider going forward with Henry and ideally Ameobi playing as wingers when we're attacking, they can tuck in when we haven't got the ball but the talk of PP teams playing with wingers doesn't look true to me because one of the first things he seems to have done is narrow the width of the pitch which doesn't send out a signal that he wants to play with wide men to me.
You talk a lot of sense and i agree with what you are saying, i did say i have no problem with playing Wilson just think people are judging him(Buxton) to early, and judging Henry to early (not you), at this point we are top of the league made some positive signings in the window.

Yet some are already slagging them off, its two weeks since the window closed we need to give them time to bed in.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Trevor Kettle takes the whistle for Walsall trip

Trevor Kettle will oversee Wanderers’ trip to Walsall this weekend.

An experienced official having run the rule over his first Football League fixture in August 2003, the Rutland-based referee has taken charge of three Whites fixtures in the past including last season's away clash with Huddersfield Town.

Mr Kettle refereed his first match of the season last weekend, dishing out five yellow card in Stevenage's 2-1 victory over Crawley Town, while he handed out 108 yellow cards and 10 red card in 31 outings last season.

Gavin Muge and Duncan Street will run the line, while Ravel Cheosiaua is the fourth official.

Last Season (2015/16): Games: 31 | Yellows: 108 | Red: 10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Yes he took charge of the Wanderers three times, he also sent off a Bolton player each time.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

His record for cards doesn't look good. We'll have to watch how we play.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I should be feeling confident about this game but I'm not. Wozzle don't have great players but they can defend against mediocrity all day long so unless we improve on recent performances I'm thinking a draw at best with Scunny moving to the top of the league with a game in hand after they beat Shrewbury.
How is it certain that Scunny will beat Shrewsbury? you seem to know an awful lot without actually knowing anything.
It's not certain. It's my opinion. This is a forum. You are a cock.
Anything else you want to know smartass?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:His record for cards doesn't look good. We'll have to watch how we play.
If Spearing wasn't missing for this match he almost certainly would have been missing for the next one then  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
gloswhite wrote:His record for cards doesn't look good. We'll have to watch how we play.
If Spearing wasn't missing for this match he almost certainly would have been missing for the next one then  Very Happy
It's true. The guy could start an argument in an empty room.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum