Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Howard focused on unbeaten run after MK Dons draw

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Howard was pleased to see Wanderers extend their unbeaten run on Saturday, despite conceding his frustration at Saturday’s draw with MK Dons.

Having seen the Whites’ take an early lead through Mark Beevers, Bolton were pegged back courtesy of Ryan Colclough’s fortuitous strike despite the shot-stopper’s best efforts.

Ensuring the Trotters walked away with a point after expertly saving Kieran Agard’s controversial penalty, Howard shared how important it was for Wanderers to keep their current run intact. 

“It’s frustrating but we’re still unbeaten still and hopefully we can continue this run,” the summer signing from Sheffield United told bwfc.co.uk after the game. “We feel we should have taken all three points.

“It was a good game and we imposed ourselves on it for the majority. It was a niggly goal for us to concede, having made the double-save only for it to hit the lad and go in.

“I always feel confident when I face penalties. I do my homework with our goalkeeping coach and video analyst and I feel that gives me a little bit of an edge. 

“As a goalkeeper you have nothing to lose as all the pressure is on the taker. All I can do is do my best to save it and thankfully I did today.”

Howard continued: “We’re delighted to still be unbeaten and still be top of the league. The club has had to bring in a lot of players and a lot of quality has come in. 

“We’re all gelling together well and we’ve had a good pre-season together. The new signings coming in later have also immediately integrated in well too and that’s huge for us going forward. 

“We’ve had a few frustrating results recently, but once we start turning them into victories again then I think we can be a really dominant force in this division.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum