Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parkinson bowled over as Wanderers' front men continue to strike out

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers’ sagging strike-force has got manager Phil Parkinson at a loss for words.

Concerned at the sudden and rather unexplained lack of goals coming from the Whites’ strikers of late, the manager is hoping the old adage about form being temporary will prove true at the Macron.

Six recognised front men - Zach Clough, Jamie Proctor, Gary Madine, Keshi Anderson, James Henry and Sammy Ameobi – have failed to find the net in their last five games. And over the course of the season, only Madine has managed more than a single goal.

His return from injury alongside Clough at the weekend was a shred of comfort from an otherwise dreadful afternoon against Oxford United.

Elsewhere in League One, strikers well known to the Wanderers boss are finding the net with regularity. Scunthorpe United’s Josh Morris, for example, has scored more goals than the whole of the Bolton team put together.

But while his former Bradford City charge is enjoying life at Glanford Park and topping the scoring charts, Parkinson is at a loss to explain why his own players are labouring so much in front of goal.

“When you look at results around the country and I see players I’ve worked with scoring goals or creating chances and then compare it to here, it leaves you scratching your head,” he told The Bolton News.

“I believe I have got some extra quality here but for our whole group of attacking players not to be creating is quite unheard of. You might get two or three who lose their way a bit – and maybe that’s a bit harsh on Gaz and Cloughy who haven’t had much football. But I know I have got players who can produce and we have to get to the bottom of why that isn’t happening at the moment.”

Parkinson is likely to let Ameobi and Anderson loose against Blackpool in the Checkatrade Trophy tonight, hoping for someone’s luck to change in front of goal before the weekend trip to Swindon.

Added to his scoring problems, the Wanderers boss was equally concerned at the lack of application across the team on Saturday.

The four-game winning burst at the start of the season was solid, rather than spectacular, and Parkinson hopes to get back to grinding out results as quickly as possible.

“We went back to a midfield diamond because that system had been working so well for us before but when people are not doing their jobs it can feel like a very big pitch out there,” he said. “We have got to get back to being resilient, first and foremost, and look like we’ve got a bit of grit and determination. At the start of the season we knew this was a group of players who’d been through a lot, so we set ourselves up to be difficult to beat. We were strong and we were workmanlike.

“I don’t know why but we’ve gone away from that as a group.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He sounds utterly clueless so let me spell it out for him:

We don't score goals because:

a) the midfield is shit
b) we only pass sideways or backwards
c) the only width we have is around Trotter's hips
d) the strikers are shit

Not rocket science is it Parkinson. Sort it out you fuckwit.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

harsh but true

I know im starting to sound like Norpig with ALF but surely while it is being proven time after time now, we need to give Samizadeh a try.

We are in league 1 and he is still scoring goals for fun.  Plus, after watching some of the reserve highlights he actually creates a lot of the chances himself.

Now is the time.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

don't mention his name again, i'm still crying inside

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:don't mention his name again, i'm still crying inside
Very Happy

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we should rename Alex Samizedah ALF2.0 just for Norpig, first start first first goal for ALF1.0 on Saturday

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Our chairman hired a guy from Bradford to be our manager. That's right the mighty BWFC scanned worldwide for a man capable to handle a massive club like ours.  Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Our chairman hired a guy from Bradford to be our manager. That's right the mighty BWFC scanned worldwide for a man capable to handle a massive club like ours.  Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Shut up Terrance, what was Anderson supposed to do, try and poach Premier League managers?

Go and support Swansea please.

terenceanne wrote:Our chairman hired a guy from Bradford to be our manager. That's right the mighty BWFC scanned worldwide for a man capable to handle a massive club like ours.  Sometimes you get what you pay for.

This comment is beyond stupid, even by your standards.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Shut up Terrance, what was Anderson supposed to do, try and poach Premier League managers?

Go and support Swansea please.

You are screaming for Parky out .....after 10 games or less. Please review your posts and then fook off back to Chorley.
Thank you though for the usual intelligent discussion.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:

Are you really Nat in disguise...c'mon admit it pal.

terenceanne wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Are you really Nat in disguise...c'mon admit it pal.

Allardyce came from Notts County. One of many examples that disprove your nonsense point.

On paper parkinson was ideal.  League one experience, worked well on a limited budget etc.

It may still work.  IF HE PLAYS SAMIZADEH

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:You are screaming for Parky out .....after 10 games or less. Please review your posts and then fook off back to Chorley.
Thank you though for the usual intelligent discussion.

You American bellend.

I want Parkinson out because he's a shit manager, proven by recent results.

You are slagging off Anderson for looking at managers at League 1 level and not Champions League winners.

I've just made you look a right knob.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This forum will be full of knobs at this rate!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Supposedly we had the magical 50 resumes (if Ken was to be believed) some of which had Premier & Championship experience.  All blown out because Parky was the top man. 
According to Nat he has to go and take most of the team with him .....this after 10 games.....

Now I've made Nat a Knob also .... Cool

terenceanne wrote:Supposedly we had the magical 50 resumes (if Ken was to be believed) some of which had Premier & Championship experience.  All blown out because Parky was the top man. 
According to Nat he has to go and take most of the team with him .....this after 10 games.....

Now I've made Nat a Knob also .... Cool

Did you the see the other names linked with us? 50 CVs of shite I'd imagine. We were close to ending up with Phil Brown.

Parkinson's got a wealth of experience of this level and as a bonus has proven himself against Premier League opposition in the cup, he was clearly the best option. The fact you have no idea who he is doesn't mean a thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum