Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have You Ever Fallen Asleep/Walked Out Of The Cinema?

+4
bwfc71
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Something RT said on the Film & TV thread made me start this one.

The only time I have ever fallen asleep in the cinema was watching 'Awakenings' with Robin Williams. It did the exact opposite of what it said on the tin.

Have you ever fallen asleep in the cinema or perhaps walked out early because the film was so crap?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Toy Story 2 is the only film i slept through.

and no i dont walk out if i've paid.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I went to an all night horror showing from 8pm until 8am and slept through the lot.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The only time I fell asleep in the cinema was during Lord of the Rings III. Got to cinema (Middlebrook) straight after work, drove from Manchester. Sat down, saw some of the promo's then next thing I knew it was about 20-30 minutes into the film!!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Toy Story 2 is the only film i slept through.

and no i dont walk out if i've paid.

Toy Story 2 is a great film. You missed a treat.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is, i've since rewatched it.

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Awakenings is based on a true story and de niro deserved an Oscar.

I fell asleep watching Lost in Translation. Watched it on DVD and now understand why I fell asleep, nothing happens.

I walked out of The Royal Tenenbaums, awful film. Yet it's a classic if you believe the film critics.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get out of here, i love Wes Anderson, one of my favourite directors.

Honestly, I just hated the film. Perhaps I'm not clever enough to get it!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I walked out of the film exorsism of emily rose once I realised near the end what was really going on and probably pissed the rest of the people watching off when I stood up and said fuck this and walked out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Passi wrote:Honestly, I just hated the film. Perhaps I'm not clever enough to get it!

Nah, it's a very acquired taste, Anderson is a love him or hate him kind of director.

I would recommend Rushmore though if you've not seen that, thats his most accessible film.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I walked out of the film exorsism of emily rose once I realised near the end what was really going on and probably pissed the rest of the people watching off when I stood up and said fuck this and walked out.

I quite liked that film actually, mainly because i was expecting paranormal activity and i actually got a fairly interesting court room drama. Decent.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched Sixth Sense a number of years with Bruce Willis. On the strength of that film I took the missus to the pictures to watch The Village because it was directed by M Night Shyamalan. What a total crock of shit it was. I kept nodding off but tried to stay awake to come across some action. Absolute shite film.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

OneOinCoyle wrote:I fell asleep watching Lost in Translation. Watched it on DVD and now understand why I fell asleep, nothing happens.

I suspect the plot may have been lost in translation.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really liked the Village, fantastic score, understated performances. Good twist though it was the first time i saw it coming in a Shyamalan film.

Lost in Translation is just fantastic.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I really liked the Village, fantastic score, understated performances. Good twist though it was the first time i saw it coming in a Shyamalan film.

I just couldn't get into it at all. The monster looked like something a 3 year old had constructed out of Paper mache.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

once the twist is revealed it's obvious why that is the case.

would have been hard to play off the twist if the montster look like Predator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum